I think Blackberry really needs to release Playbook 10.1 before its too late. It has taken me aback that the Surface Pro is selling well on its launch date... So, the battle for the 3rd place begins between Blackberry and Microsoft.. Go Blackberry!

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/su...tely-sells-out
    02-10-13 05:11 AM
    If nothing else, at least you are consistent with your erroneous conclusions based on the "sell out". Around here, you truly deserve credit for that.
    bbfan1040 and mikeo007 like this.
    02-10-13 05:23 AM
    Are you just jealous of me?
    02-10-13 05:32 AM
    It's kinda predictable... after all, technically it's a PC/Laptop disguised as a Tablet that can practically run your desktop apps I gotta give that to MS for being more functional compared to an iPad.
    bbfan1040, Bilaal and 00stryder like this.
    02-10-13 06:00 AM
    LOL! That is is. It's a dysfunctional, heavy, incredibly poor battery-life PC/tablet, with an awful keyboard. It has a low resolution, small screen, and is nowhere near as functional as a laptop. It is top-heavy, unbalanced (in terms of actual lap use), and not flexible in functional use. After keyboard, it is nearly the price of two very nice on sale ultrabooks. So glad it is another sellout like the RT was!
    :-)
    02-10-13 06:16 AM
    If only Z10 is already released in the States... It would have sold out as well
    richardat likes this.
    02-10-13 06:19 AM
    If only Z10 is already released in the States... It would have sold out as well
    :-) !! ROFL True!

Nice.

If they couldn't supply the UK and Canada, it would have to be!

We shouldn't even stop at that step! Just start saying it IS a sellout in the US! Sales are a bit low (specifically: 0) but, that was only due to shortages from unexpected demand!
    Last edited by richardat; 02-10-13 at 07:11 AM.
    02-10-13 06:59 AM
    Wait how many pros did MS give retailers? The MS Store online has Pros for sale that means they were never sold out.
    02-10-13 07:15 AM
    They have the 64gb still there but the 128 is sold out online.
    Surface Pro - Microsoft Store Online
    02-10-13 07:19 AM
    LOL! That is is. It's a dysfunctional, heavy, incredibly poor battery-life PC/tablet, with an awful keyboard. It has a low resolution, small screen, and is nowhere near as functional as a laptop. It is top-heavy, unbalanced (in terms of actual lap use), and not flexible in functional use. After keyboard, it is nearly the price of two very nice on sale ultrabooks. So glad it is another sellout like the RT was!
    1080p resolution is "low" now?
    schmeat and richardat like this.
    02-10-13 07:26 AM
    Is this based on you using it or on reviews?
    02-10-13 07:30 AM
    1080p resolution is "low" now?
    Don't feed the trolls. If it had a shiney apple logo on the back, people would treat it like the second coming. And it would cost twice as much.
    KiLuMaNaTi and schmeat like this.
    02-10-13 07:30 AM
    How many did they have in stock? 10?
    02-10-13 08:07 AM
    All this hate towards a MS product is to be expected. Remember, they are the evil empire. And apple is nothing but good!
    02-10-13 08:13 AM
    No, this is part of the global media conspiracy against Microsoft.
    No wait, that's against BlackBerry.
    Or Apple.

Oh forget it, the media is bad (unless you agree with them, then they are good).
    Rickroller and anon(4086706) like this.
    02-10-13 08:20 AM
    I think Blackberry really needs to release Playbook 10.1 before its too late. It has taken me aback that the Surface Pro is selling well on its launch date... So, the battle for the 3rd place begins between Blackberry and Microsoft.. Go Blackberry!

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/su...tely-sells-out
    What does a machine running Windows 8 have to do with BB and MS battling for 3rd place when that would imply you were talking about the mobile OS side of things and not the desktop OS.

The surface pro has little to no impact on ipads, android tablets or future playbooks, it is competing with ultrabooks and macbook airs because the reality is that it is basically just the former of those two itself anyway.
    02-10-13 08:21 AM
    I think the Surface RT never had tremendous sales because consumers were aware that the Pro would be "Coming Soon", I know that's why I waited (although I ended up with a Note 10.1 instead ). I think the Surface Pro is going to be a huge hit. Despite the negative reviews (of all things STILL comparing it to an iPad lulz), the hardware speaks for itself. A complete, full running computer in a tablet form. Battery? I'm sure it still will last as long as most laptops unplugged anyways, so to me that's a moot point. Sure, it might not last as long as a conventional tablet, but convential tablets can't run near the same software either. Personally, I think it's a great idea, and will only get improved upon in the time to come.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 02-10-13 at 08:58 AM.
    02-10-13 08:27 AM
    What does a machine running Windows 8 have to do with BB and MS battling for 3rd place when that would imply you were talking about the mobile OS side of things and not the desktop OS.

The surface pro has little to no impact on ipads, android tablets or future playbooks, it is competing with ultrabooks and macbook airs because the reality is that it is basically just the former of those two itself anyway.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. They can be used as just a tablet but they are much more than any ipad or android or blackberry tablet is at this time if running real applications as opposed to mobile apps is important to someone. Will do well? Time will tell. Did they sell out? Perhaps but just like with the Z10, how many did places order and how many have been made? No one knows except the mfg.
    02-10-13 08:30 AM
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. They can be used as just a tablet but they are much more than any ipad or android or blackberry tablet is at this time if running real applications as opposed to mobile apps is important to someone.
    Did you quote the wrong person as you seem to be disagreeing with me while making the same point I did.
    02-10-13 08:33 AM
    Did you quote the wrong person as you seem to be disagreeing with me while making the same point I did.
    No I think they will be competing with all of them.
    02-10-13 08:43 AM
    So what? I still think that tablets aren't good for much else besides browsing the web. Noone who wants to get real work done would choose a Surface over a laptop

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-10-13 08:44 AM
    It's amazing how during a terrible economy - every new tech item seems to sell out! it's truly amazing.

I remember how the surface RT sold out and now it dominates the tablet sector outselling the competition... oh wait.
    richardat likes this.
    02-10-13 08:50 AM
    The 128GB version sold out because it's the only version with "usable" amount of storage. Win RT is a huge storage hog and the apps for WinRT aren't exactly tiny either.
    02-10-13 09:21 AM
    No, this is part of the global media conspiracy against Microsoft.
    No wait, that's against BlackBerry.
    Or Apple.

Oh forget it, the media is bad (unless you agree with them, then they are good).
    \LOL. What a bunch of weirdos eh? Anyways, I have ALWAYS absolutely said that my one bias is against MS for being a reprehensible organization, and for having held back the entire tech industry to an almost incomprehensible degree. Can't stand them and I am delighted to see their grip withering away. How this relates to APPLE...which I never mentioned...though I have noted I've owned exactly 2 apple products since my apple 2E LOL...and about....~20 pc's??

In any case, that doesn't change the Surface as a product which was so highly flawed from the beginning so as to be hopeless. I had some good discussions and thoroughly explained my reasoning back before RT - which I also predicted as a failure both in design and in sales. What happened to the MS fanboy I debated...he had a silly face pic....and a funny name....good egg though. In any case, I know we have many MS fans here...though many of them simply seem driven by an Anti-apple stance...which explains the ridiculous allegations of Apple fanaticism! LOL. You have to love it when people are so biased THEY keep bringing up the company they hate, when nobody else is event takling about them! If anyone thinks Surface is a good product for them, by all means by it! LOL
    02-10-13 09:32 AM
    RT was someone's joke. No idea why they released it.
    @BThunderW is correct; 128GB is the minimal (usable) amount of storage. It is a very nice hybrid tablet/laptop.
    I picked one up yesterday and am shocked at how fast and responsive it is.
    02-10-13 09:33 AM
37 12