At the risk of po'ing my loving wife (steelers fan), I'm sticking with the "old" man. Cards all the way!
    What's her PIN? I am going to BBM her a link to this thread.
    02-01-09 10:40 AM
    What's her PIN? I am going to BBM her a link to this thread.
    *chuckling* No need AG, we've already staked out our respective corners in the family room...Sofa - Steeler's Black; Easy Chair - Cardinal's Red. Losing Corner = Sofa
    02-01-09 10:46 AM
    As the game has gotten closer, it's been interesting to see all the people go from saying things like, "Steelers Blowout 30-0" .. to now some serious pundits saying, like AG, Cards>Steelers 24-21.

I've even heard some gracious Steelers fans say they would root for the Cards to win any time their not playing the Steelers....

It's History any way you look at it. Could this just be the "season of firsts?" Obama, Cards IN the SB. Cards WIN The SB?

I think you feel me.
    02-01-09 10:54 AM
    Am rooting for the men in red and white

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 11:02 AM
    Pulling for the Cardinals to steal this one.

02-01-09 03:28 PM
    Yawn, early night for me I think...
    02-01-09 03:55 PM
    Awesome game

02-01-09 08:51 PM
    holy. CRAP.

that was AMAZING.
    02-01-09 09:04 PM
    Dirty dirty dirty

02-01-09 09:23 PM
    one great drive deserves another

even though refs were with the steelers the whole game
    Last edited by kb24 uses the bb storm; 02-01-09 at 09:53 PM.
    02-01-09 09:44 PM
    even though refs were with the steelers the whole game
    Ok, whatever. I am soooo glad my boys won. I don't remember the last one. I was hospitalized the next day. Not gonna happen this year.

02-01-09 10:09 PM
    STEELERS!!! (not my fav team.... but an awesome team and my fav for the superbowl)

a lot of steelers' haters........ but then again... all good teams get hated on.... (talking about ppl hating them for no reason... not talking about Arizona fans)
    02-01-09 10:18 PM

It's History any way you look at it. Could this just be the "season of firsts?" Obama, Cards IN the SB. Cards WIN The SB?

I think you feel me.

How about youngest winning Super Bowl coach? First team to have 6 Super Bowl wins? That's the history of tonight.

Now onto baseball season....

How about the Astros or the Cubs winning the World Series this year? I'm a Yankee fan but it's the year of history making right?
    02-02-09 01:19 AM
    GO CUBS!!!!!

Screw Houston!

Anyway you look at it, that was a great game. There were a lot of penalties, but from what I saw, the ones that were called were earned.

As a Bears fan, I was leaning towards the Steelers but rooting for a good game, and that's what we got. So I'm happy!

02-02-09 04:03 AM
    Lulz... it was a great game, you have to admit. In the end, the luckiest team won.
    02-02-09 07:19 AM
    Anyone else hungover today? I am hurtin' for certain...
    02-02-09 07:54 AM
    LOL I actually slept the best last night than I ever do.

I am soo glad we won. I HATE Ben though. Why can't he play a full game? He only plays when we are down and there is only 2 minutes left.

We weren't lucky. That is how we played ALL season.

02-02-09 12:17 PM
    LOL I actually slept the best last night than I ever do.

I am soo glad we won. I HATE Ben though. Why can't he play a full game? He only plays when we are down and there is only 2 minutes left.

We weren't lucky. That is how we played ALL season.

You hate Ben? He has made history for the Steelers already.. he has lead our team to the big show twice and has won twice.. his first one he played terrible, but you cannot say he played a bad game this time around! He kept us alive by not getting sacked and making big time plays.

I think what you are talking about tho is the fact that Steelers alwwaaays play too conservative when we have a small lead (Like the 13 point lead that game), but that is NOT Ben's fault. That is our play calling by Bruce our offensive coordinator.. I'm really not a big fan of him! He'll learn how Ben works tho and adapt to our offense a little better next season. Anyway, I just don't like when people bash Ben when he had an amazing game Sunday!

haha can you tell I'm a die hard fan? sorry!

Welcome to SIXBURGH!!
    02-03-09 02:49 AM
    Cardinals 24 Steelers 21. There you have it (unless of course I'm
    wrong ) At any rate I am going to eat, drink and enjoy the game.
    Thank goodness I took tomorrow off
    Your score prediction almost happened AG. I thought to myself "AG and I are going to go bet on some horses now."

02-03-09 06:42 AM
    You hate Ben? He has made history for the Steelers already.. he has lead our team to the big show twice and has won twice.. his first one he played terrible, but you cannot say he played a bad game this time around! He kept us alive by not getting sacked and making big time plays.

I think what you are talking about tho is the fact that Steelers alwwaaays play too conservative when we have a small lead (Like the 13 point lead that game), but that is NOT Ben's fault. That is our play calling by Bruce our offensive coordinator.. I'm really not a big fan of him! He'll learn how Ben works tho and adapt to our offense a little better next season. Anyway, I just don't like when people bash Ben when he had an amazing game Sunday!

haha can you tell I'm a die hard fan? sorry!

Welcome to SIXBURGH!!
    Yes I HATE Ben - and so does my husband. We would rather see lefty play. He doesn't make us as nervous. Too bad I can't post my imitation of Ben waiting to long to throw the ball.

02-03-09 10:37 AM
    I'm late to the party but WHY IN THE LIVING WORLD WASN'T JAMES HARRISON EJECTED FROM THE GAME IN THE 4TH QUARTER FOR GOING MUAHMMED ALI ON A CARDINAL????? I saw a game earlier this season where Matt Light of the of the Pats got ejected for the same thing and it was actually LESS than what Harrison did. I know it's the Super Bowl and all, but that was absolutely dirty.
    02-03-09 02:02 PM
    Do we know the whole story? We don't know what was said or what the cards player may have done first.

02-03-09 03:12 PM
    Do we know the whole story? We don't know what was said or what the cards player may have done first.

Well if the Cards player did something it didn't warrant the attack that he received while he was on the ground. And if the Cards player did something then he would have also received a personal foul penalty which would have offset the other penalty. Harrison should have been ejected.
    02-03-09 03:20 PM
    Well if the Cards player did something it didn't warrant the attack that he received while he was on the ground. And if the Cards player did something then he would have also received a personal foul penalty which would have offset the other penalty. Harrison should have been ejected.
    Not necessarily so. The retaliation is what gets caught. Very rarely does the person who starts things get caught.

02-03-09 03:29 PM
    Not necessarily so. The retaliation is what gets caught. Very rarely does the person who starts things get caught.

If he had punched him to begin with than that would have been caught on camera and still talked about. Whether he said something to him or not has nothing to do with the rule. If him saying something to provoke him mattered then the refs would not have even called a penalty on Harrison in the first place. As far as the rules go, there's no excuse for attacking a player while on the ground like that. No matter if provoked or not. Like I said, I saw Matt Light do something less than that and get ejected.
    02-03-09 03:32 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD