For those of us that love sports, and even those who don't the Super Bowl manages to be one of the biggest days of the year. For fans like myself, who have been on the edge of the couch since last April (and cussing at the TV the last 4-5 weeks of the season assuming your a TENNESSEE TITANS fan) the weekend is finally here; I can finally let go of the tragic loss and get excited about the draft.

I think the cards will win. Warner has that cannon attached to his shoulder and let's face it Fitzgerald is like the kid from Little Giants who put tar on his hands Fitz just remembers not to clap after the huddle.
    01-30-09 12:01 PM
    I want it to rain a little too... the Steelers can't play smash-mouth defense as easy on a wet field.

The Cardinals are still a 14 point long shot... but it could happen!
    01-30-09 12:04 PM
    Following in the footsteps of the prez and rooting for big ben and the steelers! (Or else my sister, a steelers fan, will murder me)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 12:10 PM
    Wait... the President is Rooting for the Steelers? What... because McCain is from Arizona? Because Warner is white? I've never been so offended in all my life!
    01-30-09 12:13 PM
    As a diehard Steelers fan, I respectfully disagree with the OP.

Arizona may have a good offense but the Steelers defense hasn't let good offenses do much this season (minus the Titans of course). Getting pressure on Warner early is going to be key.

I'm just beside myself with excitement. Unfortunately, I have to stay home to watch the game because I'm swamped with grad school crap but I'm doing some happy hour/tailgating after work today.

GO STEELERS!!
    01-30-09 12:15 PM
    Im sick to death of the Steelers, they play dirty, and Hines Ward has gotten to be a ********
    01-30-09 12:36 PM
    I'm just gonna drink massive quantities of Beer and Jagermeister and make a bet on everything, the coin toss, the first commercial, score at end of quarter, etc...
    01-30-09 12:45 PM
    Im going to eat massive quantities of chips.
    01-30-09 12:46 PM
    Severdeceit: You cracked me up. That sounds exactly like my family. We bet on everything.

Jdoc: MSNBC said that Obama wishes the cards the best of luck but the steelers have his heart.

I'm a vikings fan but I just love steelers fans. They are nuts. No matter where the game is played, what the weather conditions are, or what the score of the game is, you ALWAYS hear their fans.

01-30-09 01:39 PM
    I'm just gonna drink massive quantities of Beer and Jagermeister and make a bet on everything, the coin toss, the first commercial, score at end of quarter, etc...

Personally I find the whole thing to be a snoozefest. I'll probably make some chili and get caught up with the DVR.
    01-30-09 01:53 PM
    The Steelers play hard, and they like to hit; so I wouldn't call them dirty like I would the Baltimore Ravens.

And as for the HUUUGE point spread, I'd be putting my dollars on the Steelers, but since I'm a bitter Titans fan and think we should be the ones in Tampa, I'll be rooting for the birds all afternoon.
    01-30-09 02:02 PM
    Hahaha WMN, right on...
    01-30-09 02:04 PM
    This; plus...

...this; sounds like my plan as well. Throw in some slices of pizza and some Chex-Mix into the equation...it'll be full-circle.

Personally I find the whole thing to be a snoozefest. I'll probably make some chili and get caught up with the DVR.
    I'm hoping it'll be a competitive game throughout. Yes I know the Super Bowl commercials often serve as the fill-in for any competitive pitfall...but still.

Btw; of course Obama is going to 'root' for Pennsylv...err...the Steelers.
    01-30-09 02:05 PM
    Hahaha WMN, right on...
    01-30-09 02:10 PM
    Friends are comin home to watch it, I'm doing BBQ, 30 pounds of steak and 10 of chicken plus roasted veggies, tortillas, rice, etc... Lots of beer, tequila, whisky, rum and baileys for the chicks.

01-30-09 10:29 PM
    dude, i'm so amp'd for the superbowl, i work @ my homeboy's chinese/sushi bar place so i mean ALL of us asians be gambling like no other --- & we already know its not gonna be busy on superbowl sunday so we are gonna watch the game all night =)

sweetest thing is im still getting paid LOL. its a win win =)

oh & steelers ftw!
    01-31-09 02:51 AM
    dude, i'm so amp'd for the superbowl, i work @ my homeboy's chinese/sushi bar place so i mean ALL of us asians be gambling like no other --- & we already know its not gonna be busy on superbowl sunday so we are gonna watch the game all night =)

sweetest thing is im still getting paid LOL. its a win win =)

oh & steelers ftw!
    hook me up with some sushi [>.>]
    01-31-09 08:55 AM
    *sigh* It won't be as special to me since the eagles won't be there But I'll be watching regardless!
    01-31-09 04:59 PM
    sorryy but my cardinals are going to take it
    02-01-09 06:19 AM
    Im sick to death of the Steelers, they play dirty, and Hines Ward has gotten to be a ********
    Waaaaaa!!!!!
    02-01-09 07:55 AM
    Gotta have drinks for the ladies!

02-01-09 08:52 AM
    sorryy but my cardinals are going to take it
    Uh, sure. Steelers all the way. Woo hoo!
    02-01-09 09:36 AM
    Gotta have drinks for the ladies!

Indeed Broseph. Otherwise, why will they come to the Super Bowl party?
    02-01-09 09:38 AM
    Cardinals 24 Steelers 21. There you have it (unless of course I'm
    wrong ) At any rate I am going to eat, drink and enjoy the game.
    Thank goodness I took tomorrow off
    02-01-09 10:34 AM
    At the risk of po'ing my loving wife (steelers fan), I'm sticking with the "old" man. Cards all the way!
    02-01-09 10:39 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD