Well, Who are you picking to win the Super Bowl? Vegas has NE as a 3 point favorite. I"m thinking NYG is going to win.
    02-01-12 04:59 PM
    Well, Who are you picking to win the Super Bowl? Vegas has NE as a 3 point favorite. I"m thinking NYG is going to win.
    New York "Freaking" Giants!
    02-01-12 05:22 PM
    Ningland 24 New Yawk 20
    02-01-12 08:52 PM
    I can state with absolute certainty that it will be the team opposite mine on the pool...
    02-02-12 01:22 AM
    I'm pulling for the New York Football Giants.
    02-02-12 04:32 AM
    Wait, what? The Packers aren't in it? How'd that happen? All I heard from my cheesehead cow-orkers this year was how the packers basically had a repeat locked and were a lock for greatest team ever.
    02-02-12 05:05 AM
    Ningland 24 New Yawk 20
    Pats all the way! Brady to Welker, Welker = TDs!
    02-02-12 06:06 AM
    Not so fast sport's fans....it appears Brady had an e-mail message intercepted by who(m), I don't know, and the gist of the message to his wife was that he's lost confidence that he can win, asked that his extended Brazilian family pray for him, and that he is really scared......

ELI's Coming...........

[YT]youtube.com/watch?v=1A2eet1bttY[/YT]
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-02-12 06:24 AM
    I can state with absolute certainty that it will be the team opposite mine on the pool...
    lol well there's that - so who did you pick?

I'm saying the Giants. I think they have the motivation to get it done.
    02-02-12 06:33 AM
    New York Giants is going to WIN /Big game!!!
    02-02-12 09:00 AM
    lol well there's that - so who did you pick?

I'm saying the Giants. I think they have the motivation to get it done.
    LOL, I picked the Lions....
    See?? I knew my team wouldn't win!

Seriously, I always root for the underdog...

Reasons to watch the game at home:

Best seat for Superbowl is almost $7100/per, cheap seats are $2325

Icky public toilet, after standing in line...

snacks - once you wait in line for 15 or 30 minutes, will be unsatisfying and expensive...

Your friends are too broke to go with you (and since youll be homeless after that, youll be sleeping on their couch)

The CROWDS

Traffic to and from the game

And the #1 reason is. (drum roll please..) instant replay and pause live TV !!!

Ya, buddy!! Ill have the best seat in the house!!!
    02-02-12 11:00 AM
    Wait, what? The Packers aren't in it? How'd that happen? All I heard from my cheesehead cow-orkers this year was how the packers basically had a repeat locked and were a lock for greatest team ever.
    I have a down-state friend who's a cheesehead, and after the Packers clinched home field advantage, he put on FaceBook "The road to the Super Bowl will go through Green Bay."

I asked him about that a few days after they lost.
    02-03-12 05:12 AM
    Shopping List:

12 avocados
    32 oz Sour Cream
    10 lbs Baby Back Ribs
    10 lbs Brisket
    5 lb bag of Yukon Gold Potatoes
    tomatoes
    onions
    celery
    2 cases of Sol
    1 Bottle of Dom Perignon

Ignore post...I'm just thinking out loud in preparation for Sunday. Oh, and the champagne is for celebrating the Giant's victory.
    02-03-12 09:36 AM
    Shopping List:

12 avocados
    32 oz Sour Cream
    10 lbs Baby Back Ribs
    10 lbs Brisket
    5 lb bag of Yukon Gold Potatoes
    tomatoes
    onions
    celery
    2 cases of Sol
    1 Bottle of Dom Perignon

Ignore post...I'm just thinking out loud in preparation for Sunday. Oh, and the champagne is for celebrating the Giant's victory.
    Forgot the chips for your guacamole.
    And what happened to dessert?
    02-03-12 11:36 AM
    Strange as this sounds coming from an Eagles fan, I'm rooting for the Giants. They impressed me with the way they finished up the season and made the playoffs over Dallas. And as an Eagles fan I REALLY hate Dallas!
    02-03-12 11:43 AM
    Forgot the chips for your guacamole.
    And what happened to dessert?
    Yeah, you're right. Dessert will be, non other then the best cheese cake to be found on planet earth, NY Cheese Cake. P.S. Please feel free to add anything you think I may have missed or should add to the menu....I'm all out of Aricept and well, you know....
    02-03-12 12:04 PM
    Strange as this sounds coming from an Eagles fan, I'm rooting for the Giants. They impressed me with the way they finished up the season and made the playoffs over Dallas. And as an Eagles fan I REALLY hate Dallas!
    Awww pk... really??? LOL

I do have to admit Dallas played like yuck again this year though.

Anyway, I'm going over to my son's house... He's cooking home made tacos and I'm going to root for whatever team that he does NOT like! hhahahahhaha I love to razzzz my son.
    I'm on three football pots and have all numbers covered, so life is good.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 02-03-12 at 10:31 PM.
    02-03-12 10:29 PM
    We'll be doing a pool as well. Only ours are more like who wins a foot rub, who has to take out the trash, run the dogs, etc. hahaha married life, what can I say??

Best dessert is Marie Callendar's key lime pie!! YUMMMMMMM

We're doing egg rolls, potato skins, chips and dips, blueberry pie, cut fruit. No dinner, just snacking.

OH, ya. It'll be loud as heck in there..... go pats!
    02-03-12 11:50 PM
    Does anyone outside of Texas really like the Cowpies?

I'm rooting for the Giants for two reasons. One, I don't like the Pats. Two, I recieved my masters degree from SIU and that's where Giants RB Brandon Jacobs went to school.
    02-04-12 09:17 AM
    Go Brady! He makes my beloved Michigan Wolverines look better with every SB victory! (his Alma matter)
    02-04-12 09:50 AM
    Does anyone outside of Texas really like the Cowpies?

I'm rooting for the Giants for two reasons. One, I don't like the Pats. Two, I recieved my masters degree from SIU and that's where Giants RB Brandon Jacobs went to school.
    I did, for 10 years, from 1969 - 1979, when Staubach was king, and Landry was the head coach and leader everybody should strive to be like.

Now, I just call them the "Cocaine Cowboys" or the "Dallas Felons."
    02-04-12 10:46 AM
    Yay Gmen!!! (G_d I hate the Patsies) That was one heck of a game.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-05-12 09:12 PM
    Dang it!
    I thought I would prove this baby wrong..........
    Sometimes, it hurts to be right.

Great game, tho.
    Congrats to all the Giants fans!
    02-05-12 10:50 PM
    Eli's Come and Gone.........:
    D
    02-06-12 03:27 AM
    I am a huge Pats fan but hats off to Eli and the Giants. The Pats made some bad mistakes and plays (safety, welker drop, hernandez drop, pentalty nullifying the fumble recovery, etc.). Eli took the chances we gave him and marched right down the field in the 4th Q in a strong way. That was a great drive and that catch was amazing.

All I can say is, Pitchers and Catchers report real soon!

Go Sox!!!
    02-06-12 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD