I've got one. A co-worker went to get lunch in our cafeteria an half-hour before I did. So when she was arriving, I was about to leave for lunch. She had bought a fountain soda with the cup made of that thick, white styrofoam. She took a sip of it and said "Man, this soda is REALLY flat."

So I asked, "Which soda did you get so I know not to get any."

She held up her cup and said, "This one." (As if I could tell which soda was in her cup.)

I'm not Superman nor do I have X-Ray vision. Nobody can see through those damn cups. The bad thing about it is that she was serious about the "This one" comment. Turns out, it was the Mug root beer that she was talking about.
    03-10-09 09:03 PM
    I've got one. A co-worker went to get lunch in our cafeteria an half-hour before I did. So when she was arriving, I was about to leave for lunch. She had bought a fountain soda with the cup made of that thick, white styrofoam. She took a sip of it and said "Man, this soda is REALLY flat."

So I asked, "Which soda did you get so I know not to get any."

She held up her cup and said, "This one." (As if I could tell which soda was in her cup.)

I'm not Superman nor do I have X-Ray vision. Nobody can see through those damn cups. The bad thing about it is that she was serious about the "This one" comment. Turns out, it was the Mug root beer that she was talking about.
    LMAO! Am I the only one who thinks that it gets funnier when you give the peron a second to "get it" and they still look at you like you're stupid?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 09:34 PM
    The other day I went throught the Burger King drive-thru. At the end of my order the chick asked me "for here or to go?"

03-11-09 01:44 AM
    The other day I went throught the Burger King drive-thru. At the end of my order the chick asked me "for here or to go?"

That's when you say... "VIP table with the KING please."
    03-11-09 10:48 AM
    I run my companies web site and handle all of the online marketing. A while ago I was transferred a call and the guy on the other end introduced himself and then asked, "Are you in charge of the internet?" To which I replied, "Well not the whole thing, but I do handle the website here."

One of my co-workers was planning to buy a new media card for his curve (he had a 2 gig and was thinking about getting a 4). He walked into my office and with a dead serious face asked me, "If I upgrade from my 2 gig card to a 4 gig card how much more will it hold?"

My son won't eat a burger with anything on it, but cheese and sometimes bacon. We went to Wendy's and ordered him the Baconator (comes with bread, meat, cheese, bacon, ketchup and mayo) and asked for it plain. When we opened it there was only bread and meat in the wrapper. When I went back to the counter and explained that we were missing the cheese and bacon the girl behind the counter kindly reminded me that I ordered the baconator plain. I asked why I would order and pay extra for cheese and bacon if I didn't want it and she simply replied, "I'm not sure why people do anything."
    03-11-09 11:18 AM
    I do advanced device support for verizon, I had a guy call in for tech support for his broadband card. I was trying to get him to do a few simple steps and he blew up and told me I knew nothing about computers and that He had 100 gigs of ram in his computer...... I bust up laughing and he hung up

omg and the call i just got... somone upset because their predictive text wasnt showing the word they wanted after typing the first letter.... had to explain its not reading your mind, you have to actually type a few letters first....
    Last edited by vanity; 03-11-09 at 12:53 PM.
    03-11-09 12:46 PM
    I seem to run into these people all the time...

* A long time ago, I'm riding shotgun in a friends car. There's 5 of us in the car, driving back from the street races. We pull into a McD's drive through, we all agree to just get a bunch of the little burgers and go back to one of our places to drink beer. The girl on the speaker says "may I take your order?". The driver says, "yeah, let me get 20 cheeseburgers, to go"...
    The rest of us just shook our heads and started lauging. "...to go.."????!!!! Is a drive thru .... HELLO

* Another time I went to one of those Car alarm/audiophile stores, and I'm waiting for the sales man to ask a question. The salesman was blabbering to some kid about some alarm he had inquire about. He's telling him the features and he goes down the list explaining "...double remote, back up battery, shock sensor...." then this older guy that was standing around, interrupts him and asks "...is the shock strong enough to hurt a person??...". The store went completely silent staring at him.
    (NOTE: shock sensor is the sensor that detects when your car gets hit, or someone trying to screw around with your car trying to get in.. Not to shock the h3LL out of them). Well, I give credit to the sales man he did his best to keep a straight face.

* This one time at band camp... well actually at work. I'm the on site computer guy. A lady calls and says that she was trying to play a music CD on her workstation but that the CD rom won't do anything, seems dead.
    She also claims that the PC has taken in 4 CD's and won't return them.
    I asked "..what do you mean taken 4 CD's?" She explained she put one in, nothing happened. She couldn't get it out, so she figured let me get another one from the car and see what happens. She says she put another one in, and the same thing. Next day, she tried again with another CD, and again with another. The PC never gave her back her 4 CD's. At this point I'm a little intrigued to what the heck she's talking about, since the computers in her department don't have CD roms, they're just used as terminals.
    What she had done was that she noticed a slit between the blank covers in the front of the PC, and she was just shoving CD's into the computer thinking it was the slot for the CD. I open the case and there they were all crammed in there resting on the wires and components.
    I thougth it was fkn hillarious.
    03-11-09 01:32 PM
    I had one the other day on a service call .
    Customer called me out cause their desktop had a black screen . (I never booked the call)
    Got to the house and no word of a lie i turned the monitor on and like magic it worked.
    Drove 25 mins to turn the power on .....
    I work at an lease to own company lol we get loads of "fun calls"

Had a similar experience a few days ago. I work at a private university in the SF Bay Area. Guy who does database research puts in a support ticket because he can't get a microphone or something to record audio. Why he needs to record anything is still a mystery. Anyway, someone goes out, has no problem getting the Windows sound recorder to pick up something from a test microphone. Tells the guy it's either a configuration issue, or he should just go out and buy a cheap $20 sound card. Guy is absolutely convinced that it's a sound card issue.

So, my colleague comes back, reports his findings to our supervisor, who decides to have me put in a new motherboard anyway (integrated sound). I do that, take the system back over to the guy (who insists that I work on it on a day when it's raining, and take it 2-3 blocks to my office and then back to his) and I make sure the thing is booting up before I leave. By the time I get back to my office, the guy has already called me like 2 times, and the other guy about 3X. The guy claims that his system won't boot up anymore.

So I go back over there, and press the power button and sure enough, it doesn't turn on. He has this big rats nest of power cables and a couple of USB hubs with cables snaking all over the place, but I notice a suspicious unplugged power cord. I plug it in, and what do you know, the computer boots up! The guy had UNPLUGGED his own computer after I left, and then complained when wouldn't turn on. Then I had fun playing musical keyboards, trying to figure out which one of like 3 he had sitting around was used with his computer so I could make sure it was connecting to the network properly.

After I fixed that little issue, he sends an email back saying that he still can't record any audio. So my colleague and I had a good laugh over that one.
    03-11-09 02:31 PM
    I had to go to Comcast cable to drop off some equipment the other day. I was standing in line behind one other person and there was only one window open. The guy finishes paying for his bill, gets ready to walk off then turns back around to the CSR.

He says, "I meant to ask you, the other day I passed a channel on my box that says Free Movies On Demand. I couldn't get it to show up when I clicked on it. How much is it per month if I want access to it?"

The lady sat there for a second and said "Sir, Free Movies On Demand are free. There is no monthly cost."

The guy looks back at us realizing what he just did, turns on his heel and leaves rather quickly without another word. Everybody was laughing after he left.

03-11-09 02:59 PM
    I had to go to Comcast cable to drop off some equipment the other day. I was standing in line behind one other person and there was only one window open. The guy finishes paying for his bill, gets ready to walk off then turns back around to the CSR.

He says, "I meant to ask you, the other day I passed a channel on my box that says Free Movies On Demand. I couldn't get it to show up when I clicked on it. How much is it per month if I want access to it?"

The lady sat there for a second and said "Sir, Free Movies On Demand are free. There is no monthly cost."

The guy looks back at us realizing what he just did, turns on his heel and leaves rather quickly without another word. Everybody was laughing after he left.
    I can see how he made that mistake (if in fact it really was a mistake); people aren't too used to seeing the word 'Free' in front of the words 'On Demand' when it comes to channels/movies. Especially since that's the whole premise of these 'On Demand' channels usually...you pay to watch.
    03-11-09 03:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD