Everybody knows that just when you think you've heard the most stupid thing you've ever heard, someone always manages to show up and prove you wrong. You watch someone and see them do the most ignorant thing ever, then turn around and there is another ***** to top that one!

So I want to hear your "Stupidity Of The Day" moment. You know no matter how stupid it is, you usually laugh about it. Let's share the laugh with everyone on Crackberry!

My stupidity of the day today came from my asking directions to a place I had not been before and the guy looks at me and says (dead serious) "You can't get there from here". I LOL. I couldn't help it. I thought... I can't get there from here? Geez, I am really in trouble and REALLY lost. Is there anywhere you can't get to from here? Seriously. LOL!

What's yours?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 01:52 AM
    I asked an electrician about ordering a lightbulb and he said no one stocked then in town. I wanted to say that's why I wanted to order it but I held back.

02-28-09 03:22 AM
    I've had a few customers complain that they had ordered prime rib and gotten steak. They insisted they should have a plate full of bones. But when I was called over to the table with the woman complaining her chicken was too "chickeny", I knew it was time to get out of restaurant management.
    02-28-09 07:23 AM
    While I was also managing a restaurant, a man and wife called me over to complain that their kids' cheese burgers had cheese on them. I asked if they'd like hamburgers instead, they replied, "If we had wanted burgers without cheese, we would have ordered them."

*Blink* *Blink* Huh?

Computing ...
    burger+cheese=cheese burger
    cheese burger-cheese=burger

Did they want another type of cheese? Nope
    Did they want the cheese on the side so the kids could put it on themselves? Nope
    Did they want plain burgers with JUST cheese on them? Nope

But they did want (in their words).... "Two Cheese Burgers, plain, meat and bread. NO cheese." Hubbies thinking was, "I'm paying for cheese burgers, and I damn well better be getting cheese burgers!", "That's why I come to a restaurant, to get food cooked the way I order it!!!"
    Just about half the other restaurant quests, nearly choked to death laughing.
    02-28-09 10:26 AM
    I was at Nordstrom one time and I was smelling all the different colognes.

Well, After a While The Smells Started To Overload My Nose-

So I asked for Coffee.

Then The Saleswoman Told Me The Nearest Starbucks Was In The Mall...

When I asked for coffee, she was supposed to pass me the can of coffee grounds they keep behind the counter...

02-28-09 10:56 AM
    Ahh so this is where I should have posted my stupid att rep story!!!

02-28-09 11:21 AM
    While talking to my neighbor and his 15-year old kid this morning about how he's doing in school...the kid said: "I want to grow up to be a good kid."

I repeat..."I want to grow up to be a good kid."

I chuckled in a minor way in front of him when he said that.
    02-28-09 11:26 AM
    Ahh so this is where I should have posted my stupid att rep story!!!

You just going to leave us hanging?

02-28-09 11:37 AM
    I didn't want to double post and make anyone mad

But since you asked... Lol

I went to the att kiosk and asked if they had screen protectors for the bold and the guy said, "no we don't carry those but if you would like to upgrade your phone, I can help you with that."

I was like, um no--i already have the bold, what's an upgrade from that?

02-28-09 12:11 PM
    While I was also managing a restaurant, a man and wife called me over to complain that their kids' cheese burgers had cheese on them. I asked if they'd like hamburgers instead, they replied, "If we had wanted burgers without cheese, we would have ordered them."

*Blink* *Blink* Huh?

Computing ...

Did they want the cheese on the side so the kids could put it on themselves? Nope

But they did want (in their words).... "Two Cheese Burgers, plain, meat and bread. NO cheese." Hubbies thinking was, "I'm paying for cheese burgers, and I damn well better be getting cheese burgers!", "That's why I come to a restaurant, to get food cooked the way I order it!!!"
    I ordered a sandwich yesterday and clearly said, "NO cheese." When the guy handed it to me, I said, "you didnt put cheese on this right?" Guy said, nope...no cheese. Even double checked it.

I got home- it had cheese. I went back and said, "this has cheese." He said...yea! (not the positive yea but the one that sounds like doh!)

He then proceeded to say...wassa matta...u dont like cheese?!
    03-01-09 12:49 AM
    My visit to Taco Bell today:

The woman walks up to the register, doesn't say anything but looks at me likes she's ready.

Me -"Hello, I would like 2 soft tacos and..."
    Woman - "Hi, how are you today?"
    Me - (Blink, Blink)"Just fine. How are you?"
    Woman - Says nothing just stares at me.
    Me - I continue my order, and conclude it with... "I would like that to go please."
    Woman - Stares again. "Is that all?"
    Me - "Yes ma'am, and I need it to go please."
    Woman - Finishes ringing up my order, takes my money, then asks me... "Is that for here or to go?"
    Me - (Blink, Blink)

Seriously? Sweet bearded Jesus! It' was like she had had a full labotomy (sp?) before she came to work. Plus I was missing a soft taco! I thought about going back... then thought again. No way in hades was it worth a $1.00 taco to go through that pain a second time in one night.

03-01-09 02:39 AM

*Blink* *Blink* Huh?

Computing ...

LMAO! What's really funny is when something like this happens, you catch yourself trying to phrase it to them in a way where they have one of those hands to the forhead moments. Where they are like dam*! that was a stupid thing to say. But some people still don't get it! That counts as UBER stupid! Nothing like arguing with a brick wall!

03-01-09 02:44 AM
    Heres a good one my dumb friend said "Italians arent white".
    and he thinks the missionary position is when the girl is on top.
    the kid is just ignorant, i dont hang out with him anymore.
    03-01-09 01:37 PM
    My roommate, a chick raised on a rodeo in Colorado, came out to my fiance and I one day, entirely flaberghasted, saying:
    "I don't get it when people say you get an "A" for effort! Effort doesn't start with an "A," it starts with an "E"! It should be "e" for effort!"

We sort of changed the subject to avoid laughing at her.
    She's an amazing source of comments like this.

03-01-09 01:44 PM
    I ordered a sandwich yesterday and clearly said, "NO cheese." When the guy handed it to me, I said, "you didnt put cheese on this right?" Guy said, nope...no cheese. Even double checked it.

I got home- it had cheese. I went back and said, "this has cheese." He said...yea! (not the positive yea but the one that sounds like doh!)

He then proceeded to say...wassa matta...u dont like cheese?!

I can understand not wanting cheese, and getting cheese anyway, especially if it's melted, that would drive me insane as well.

But ordering something with cheese, and not saying you do not want cheese, and then complaining that there is cheese on it, is kinda daffy.

In your case, had it been me, after resisting the urge to smack him upside his head with the counter top, I would have asked him if he could make 20 sandwiches, 19 with cheese and 1 without. When he said yes, I'd say can I watch you make them? When he said yes and the sandwiches were made, I ask to see the one without cheese, and trade it for the one he made with cheese. When he asked me about the other ones, I would have just said:

"Of all the sandwiches you made, I only wanted this one, since it does not have cheese on it, which is what I paid for the first time I was in here."

" Now when someone asks for no cheese, you will have learned how to make a sandwich without cheese as ordered."
    03-01-09 04:10 PM
    Saw this driving home today, that's a school to the right:

03-01-09 05:59 PM
    KFC's all white meat?

Today I went to KFC and experienced my "Stupidity of the day".

I go inside walk up to the cashier and order. I tell her I want a 3 piece original recipe, all white meat chicken dinner. She leaves the register without a word and comes back 2 minutes later to tell me that they were out of white meat, would I be alright with 2 breasts or did I want to wait for the white meat to finish cooking. *blinking*

I tell her that breasts are white meat. She says no, they are not white meat and she should know because she worked there. So she says I guess you are going to wait. I tell her again... I don't need to wait, breasts are white meat. Nooooo, they aren't she says again.

At this point I am looking for the hidden camera. I had already gotten tired and silly and could not stop laughing at that point. I mean WTH?! LOL!

Her mouth is getting smaller by the minute and I just gave in. I told her fine that I will just take the "dark meat" breasts and suffer through having to eat it! LMAO!

I guess I just ate my first pieces of genetically mutated chicken. The funny thing is, it tasted a whole he!! Of a lot like white meat. Go figure...

03-09-09 12:18 AM
    I had a guest come to the front desk today and ask where our restaurant, called The Flying Machine, is.

Without even thinking about it, I pointed across the lobby and said "Directly across the lobby under the "The Flying Machine" sign.

Doh!
    03-09-09 05:28 AM
    I had a guest come to the front desk today and ask where our restaurant, called The Flying Machine, is.

Without even thinking about it, I pointed across the lobby and said "Directly across the lobby under the "The Flying Machine" sign.

Doh!

LOL! It never ceases to amaze me how many people don't even look before they ask.

Years ago when I worked at Wally World, I noticed that there were a lot of people that walked through the doors and straight to an employee to show them where something was before they even looked for it themselves.

You don't mind helping someone who tries to help thenselves but dam*.

03-09-09 06:17 AM
    I work at a seafood restaurant. I'm used to people thinking they know quiet a bit about Marine life despite living in the middle of the country but one guy really pushed it. I approached the table and greeted them a table near by had Snow crab, the woman who was with them saw and asked me what it was. I told her it was snow crab, the man looked over and said to me no that's not it's Alaskan king crab. I said "No sir that's Snow crab" he looked at me and said "I know that's Alaskan King crab I've seen it on TV, Aren't you supposed to be an expert? You can't even tell what kind of crab it is." .... He ordered the King Crab and was very surprised to find he was wrong.
    03-10-09 04:55 PM
    LMAO! Looks like he had been watching too many episodes of Discovery's Deadliest Catch!

Did he eat the crab or try to send it back?

03-10-09 05:02 PM
    Im a courier with (un named)
    i had this woman the other day as Im walking up her drive way, pkg in hand, half way at this point, go "Is that for here?"

ummm i wouldn't even be in your driveway if it wasnt
    03-10-09 05:16 PM
    I usually go to bed after my husband has fallen asleep. Almost every night I go to get in the bed he wakes up just enough to ask me what I am doing. Now I am pulling back the covers and have one leg in the bed already...

He says "What are you doing?"
    I say "Getting ready to run for Governor."

I say "Getting ready to make cookies."

I say "Warming up the jet for a midnight jaunt."

Every night I tell him something different, yet it is wasted because he never remembers.

03-10-09 05:29 PM
    I just got not one, but 2 phone calls at work today, on our main line, asking me what out phone number was...hmm weird haha.

And to the person with the rodeo girl...her name wasn't jessica was it? I know a jessica in colorado who said the same thing!

03-10-09 06:24 PM
    I had one the other day on a service call .
    Customer called me out cause their desktop had a black screen . (I never booked the call)
    Got to the house and no word of a lie i turned the monitor on and like magic it worked.
    Drove 25 mins to turn the power on .....
    I work at an lease to own company lol we get loads of "fun calls"

03-10-09 08:57 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD