Hi guys,

I'm currently studying a Game Development course at college and in the first week, for the Research Techniques module, we were asked to create a questionnaire to gain information on a hypothetical video game we'd be creating.

If you guys could complete the questionnaire and give me some feedback on the questions/answers and anything you feel I missed, it'd help me greatly and I'd appreciate it greatly.

The survey can be found: here

Thanks guys/girls

John
    09-29-09 01:25 PM
    Typo in question 19, should say pay instead of past.

I don't have much criticism but good luck with your class. I envy your future profession.
    09-29-09 01:55 PM
    Typo in question 19, should say pay instead of past.
    Oh god, thanks. Didn't notice that. Should of had someone proof read it, shouldn't I?
    09-29-09 01:58 PM
    Ha, yeah probably. Oh well, it has been caught, that's what I'm here for.
    09-29-09 02:09 PM
    I was hoping to answer this survey, but I don't play video games and there's no option of "Zero" under "how many hours a week do you play".
    09-29-09 02:26 PM
    I was hoping to answer this survey, but I don't play video games and there's no option of "Zero" under "how many hours a week do you play".
    That's a great point. This is my first survey in the subject so there's bound to be errors. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll amend that now and you should be able to participate then
    09-29-09 02:31 PM
    I completed the survey. I didn't see any errors other than what has already been mentioned. I am taking a Games and Graphics in C++ class. I have really enjoyed it and gained a new respect for game developers. Good luck with your class.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 02:55 PM
    I completed the survey. I didn't see any errors other than what has already been mentioned. I am taking a Games and Graphics in C++ class. I have really enjoyed it and gained a new respect for game developers. Good luck with your class.

Thanks. I plan on taking a Computer Science class in Uni to expand on my knowledge of C++, amongst other languages. How are you finding your class?
    09-29-09 02:57 PM
    That's a great point. This is my first survey in the subject so there's bound to be errors. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll amend that now and you should be able to participate then
    I wanted to do so, but there are still a bunch of questions that are for gamers only, but are required.

oh well.
    09-29-09 03:09 PM
    Thanks. I plan on taking a Computer Science class in Uni to expand on my knowledge of C++, amongst other languages. How are you finding your class?
    I am really enjoying C++. I won't start any of the advanced programming until next semester, but so far progamming the images and graphics has been very interesting. It is a strict language and not very forgiving when it comes to "logic errors". How is your class going?

09-29-09 03:36 PM
    I am really enjoying C++. I won't start any of the advanced programming until next semester, but so far progamming the images and graphics has been very interesting. It is a strict language and not very forgiving when it comes to "logic errors". How is your class going?

Sounds great. Can't wait to start Uni in a couple years and begin Computer Science. My course is great so far. Really enjoying learning the business and principles of Game Development after 1 1/2 decades of playing games.
    09-29-09 03:44 PM
    Sounds great. Can't wait to start Uni in a couple years and begin Computer Science. My course is great so far. Really enjoying learning the business and principles of Game Development after 1 1/2 decades of playing games.
    Sounds like you have a great attitude. I hope I see your name on some awesome games in the future.

09-29-09 04:21 PM
    My last year and a half of college I took gaming courses and had a blast. Made a game using Microsoft's XNA and also one using the Unreal engine.
    09-29-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD