Here is a place to hang out and talk about anything you want while waiting for the next leak of a OS for the storm!

ENJOY!!

Don't Pay for Torrent Site for Leak d/l!
    Last edited by Jmack98; 01-11-09 at 12:38 AM.
    01-10-09 04:40 PM
    Cool, a place hang while waiting on the new OS release.

Off Topic forum is still subject to our Terms of Service and community moderation, but the strict rules we enforce in the technical forums are relaxed.

Enjoy, I remember the anticipation of my Curve v4.5xx experience.
    01-10-09 04:50 PM
    So what kind of improvements are being looked for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 04:50 PM
    I am hoping for a little smother performance all around and the elimination of the few bugs that have been found in .85
    01-10-09 05:06 PM
    The last time there was an OS leak crucial gave us the news that it would be out. This time he has not. I have a feeling the next OS will be the official one via Verizon.

01-10-09 05:22 PM
    The last time there was an OS leak crucial gave us the news that it would be out. This time he has not. I have a feeling the next OS will be the official one via Verizon.

There has been some talk by another member that he is at CES and has a copy of the new os to leak but will not leak it untill after CES!

CX has stated that he will no longer talk about unreleased software because of all the abuse he has taken from CB members
    01-10-09 05:30 PM
    There has been some talk by another member that he is at CES and has a copy of the new os to leak but will not leak it untill after CES!

CX has stated that he will no longer talk about unreleased software because of all the abuse he has taken from CB members
    That just makes me mad that some people pissed him off that much to make him not talk.

01-10-09 05:37 PM
    Yeah CX has been a real asset to the forum and now he is getting mad because of a few jack a$$es and they are going to ruin it for all of us!
    01-10-09 05:40 PM
    That just makes me mad that some people pissed him off that much to make him not talk.

I'm ready for this new os. I would like to see less lag when typing on the browser and no more media card issue or vow screen o death. Also I want the camera faster

01-10-09 05:43 PM
    I'm ready for this new os. I would like to see less lag when typing on the browser and no more media card issue or vow screen o death. Also I want the camera faster

What OS are you currently using?
    01-10-09 05:44 PM
    I'm currently running .85. Its a good os and pretty fast. Those are really the only problems I have with ot. Added features like flick scrolling would be nice though but I'm not greedy lol I'll take the worked out bugs over anything.

01-10-09 05:50 PM
    I'm currently running .85. Its a good os and pretty fast. Those are really the only problems I have with ot. Added features like flick scrolling would be nice though but I'm not greedy lol I'll take the worked out bugs over anything.

I have been using .85 since the leak and I have had 2 different storms. It has been amazing that with my first phone it was buggy and crashed and locked up all the time had the VZW screen o death and all that I then got my replacement (dust Issues) and did a back up of my old one. Wiped the new one right out of the box and put on .85 and it has been stable as a rock for me! even pretty quick!
    01-10-09 05:55 PM
    Yea I love the speed of .85 the only time it lags for me is when I type in the browser but its not much. My phone was loaded with .75 then I went to .83 when it leaked then .85 no wipes. .83 was **** of buggy and always froze. .85 was a breath of fresh air. I haven't done a battery pull due to performance. I would like to see this memory leak cleared up though

01-10-09 06:02 PM
    i just hate the constant freezes.
    01-10-09 06:05 PM
    I have only had my new phone freeze one time and I had like 4 apps running and trying to text and receive a text at the same time. Other than that it is good. Oh I forgot I really want to get back Bluetooth in video!
    01-10-09 06:08 PM
    its funny how there is such a difference from phone to phone
    01-10-09 06:09 PM
    Yeah I was very surprised and happy to see that there was such a difference!
    01-10-09 06:11 PM
    How does one go about getting a link to a forum thread to show its short name in the signature area?
    not the url?
    01-10-09 06:14 PM
    what i wanna see is a fluid scroll on the home menu screen, mine always laga a little.
    01-10-09 06:15 PM
    Oh yea bluetooth video. Good call

01-10-09 06:16 PM
    How does one go about getting a link to a forum thread to show its short name in the signature area?
    not the url?
    took me some experimenting...when you paste a link, you will see a highlighted portion right after you click ok to the hyperlink.
    type what you want in that portion. click preview to see if you did it right.

OR
    type what you want it to say, highlight it, click the hyperlink button and paste the link in the box. I think that works too.

pm me if you don't get what i mean
    Last edited by neolantis; 01-10-09 at 06:29 PM.
    01-10-09 06:25 PM
    took me some experimenting...when you paste a link, you will see a highlighted portion right after you click ok to the hyperlink.
    type what you want in that portion. click preview to see if you did it right.

OR
    type what you want it to say, highlight it, click the hyperlink button and paste the link in the box. I think that works too.

pm me if you don't get what i mean
    Thank you I think I got it to work!
    01-10-09 06:34 PM
    Thank you I think I got it to work!
    sure...anytime
    01-10-09 06:45 PM
    Well this place has not taken off very well! Hopefully it will soon since there has been talk from a guy at CES that he is going to post another leak! Soon!!!
    01-10-09 07:55 PM
    Well this place has not taken off very well! Hopefully it will soon since there has been talk from a guy at CES that he is going to post another leak! Soon!!!
    Excellent thread dude! I'm starting to get the leak fever again, based on what was said in the looking for thread AND this one. Sounds like maybe JUST after CES we will get our wish.

Anyways thanks for starting this thread in the right place.
    01-10-09 08:01 PM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD