Greetings to all.

"New"b to the BB Storm Forum world, but not forum's in general.

Anyhow, to the point. In other forums it has worked rather well to have a "Lounge" - chat for the sake of chatting, if you will. Reason being is for all those Crackberry addicts, the 9-to-5ers, the internet junkies. The ones whom can not stay off the internet - in short, all of us.

What to talk about? Rant and rave - not like the forum already listed - yet, rant and rave about a movie you just saw, your relationship "ups and downs," your workout regiment, etc. I'm sure someone here will appreciate your comments and in turn will create a friend(s).

The idea is simple: lounge while you post in threads in which you really "care" about.

Disclaimer, however, soon this thread will become one's safe haven, place of refuge, etc. Trust me - these things are addicting.

Lounge away, Storm users. Make friends, tell jokes, introduce yourselves, whatever.

Oh - and if this is old news, and another one, or like one, exists - merge away Mods.

Cheers,
    Jason Storm
    01-12-09 09:23 AM
    So. . I guess I will go first.

Greetings, JStorm from GA. New to the BB world. Just bought my Storm a month ago, and love it. I am hoping we can knock off Apple and their great Appstore soon.

Oh - saw Gran Torino last night. Great movie. Eastwood is, truly, perfecting his craft.

For those that wish to see it, there is a little nugget in the movie for all of us Eastwood fans. Not only does he Direct, produce and star, he sings the 'end credits song.' Yeah - creepy, but worth the price of admission.
    01-12-09 09:47 AM
    i tried this man lol , the mods shut it down quick as spit , locked it and deleted it lol.. but , i say good luck to ya !
    01-12-09 10:00 AM
    i tried this man lol , the mods shut it down quick as spit , locked it and deleted it lol.. but , i say good luck to ya !
    Hmm. .

I wonder why they feel the need to say "no" to an open discussion thread - per chatty, internet-Storm junkies, but "yes" to 'why does my Storm fart when I flush to toilet?'

I know, crude and waaaaay off topic, but the point stands. Oh well, no skin. This place is informative and fun enough. I'm sure the Mods have good reason.
    01-12-09 10:05 AM
    I saw Gran Torino too. Loved it. Great movie. Clint was awesome.
    01-12-09 10:07 AM
    I saw Gran Torino too. Loved it. Great movie. Clint was awesome.
    BUT did you enjoy his solo, at the end of the movie?

Clint can sang!!
    01-12-09 10:09 AM
    CrackBerry does have several lounges, they are Off topic and Social users.

Of course, post count is not increased by posting off topic. ...
    01-12-09 10:34 AM
    Jason put it in the right spot, the OT Forum.

Anyhoo, I love the idea, and will also provide an intro and a bit about my BB history. My name is Rich C (I don't give the last name till I know you MUCH better ) and I'm from Philly (Go Eagles). Besides a BB addiction I'm also a sports nut.

My first BB was a 7290 provided by my work, which I lost (yea they were REAL pissed) and then they got me an 8700. After about 1.5 years they took it away entirely due to budget cuts (I don't think the cost of the lost one helped my case either). BOY did I miss it, and then pledge to get my own, BUT was locked in to a VZW contract on a crappy samsung (actually it wasn't THAT bad) phone, until 12/18. I was considering the Bold and Storm, BUT with the Bold I would have had to wait an extra 4 months, or break my contract to switch so I focused on the Storm.

I got sweep up in to the Storm chasing frenzy. Following from the "Thunder" days. I was often here at CB, but had not joined the forums offically. About 1 week before release day I called VZW and nicely asked if they could move up my NE2 date to release day. THEY DID!!!! And I waited in line on that friday. Interestly I was number 6 in line and the store I went to had 5 storms. HOWEVER when they let us enter they told us they only had 4, but we could try back later as they were expecting a shipment at 10am, OR get 2 day drop shipping. I opted for the latter, BUT guy number 5 left to come back at 10am (and get disapointed I believe). After he left they discovered the 5th Storm in the back and guess who got it!!!!! I said "I'm next in line", and the manager said "ding ding ding, you got a Storm!"

Despite the "issues" I am happy with my choice. I got a good screen click (after 1 replacement), no dust issue, and good software thanks to leaks CB has lead me too. (PROCEED WITH CAUTION and follow instructions here if you want to load up a leak!!!) So in the end I guess you can say I'm a Storm fanboy AND BB addict!
    01-12-09 11:45 AM
    CrackBerry does have several lounges, they are Off topic and Social users.

Of course, post count is not increased by posting off topic. ...
    Some people paid entirely too much attention to their own post count. I can live without the extra numbers. (The member names here ARE clever, but lets face it it's more about the quality NOT the quantity)
    01-12-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD