I do believe it is high time I get my a$$ in gear and start learning more about the stock market and trading. Would some of you more enlightened folks out there mind helping a dummy out in finding resources that YOU think are worthwhile and informative? I know there are millions of books out there on the subject, but I'm looking more for ones that have helped you out in the past.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 04:40 PM
    What exactly are you looking into? TRading or investing for your self...
    01-07-09 05:34 PM
    Investing. I should have been more specific. I am young and just getting to the point where I need to start.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 07:00 PM
    what do you want to invest in Equitys , Mutual Funds, or Options
    if you are just starting out and are doing into for long term investing id say start with Mutual Funds or ETFs

The market is BRUTAL now its a traders market now ...I been trading for 2 years now last year was bad but i started this year off ok until today . i learned everything buy reading the papers and watching CNBC and Bloomberg .
    01-07-09 09:42 PM
    You might want to read stuff at The Motley Fool (Fool.com: Stock Investing Advice | Stock Research). They have some good articles and lessons.

Right now is actually a good time to start buying stuff -IF you know what you're buying and you're going for a longer term investment (this is my lay opinion). The problem is finding the right place to invest.

As they say "buy low, sell high" .. well, there's a lot that's low right now.

That being said, don't jump in too quick. Do the research and you might want to find a good indexed fund - a fund that's tied to one of the major market indexes like the S&P 500 and then buy more gradually so when the market starts getting better your money rides up with it.

Otherwise just read articles here and there and see what people are saying and be patient.
    01-07-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD