Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Phil and I'm new to the forum, I hope I posted this in the right category

So lately I've been trying to put together a audio system that fits my budget (university student) that still sounds good (and can handle some party use) Right now I'm looking for some advice on selection of speakers that would give me the best bang for my buck

I'll probs be using a vintage Nikko Alpha II amp and Beta II pre (but maybe a Kenwood 208 amp) My speaker choice in the under $100 have came down to a set of Technics sb cx700's or Sansui SP-X7900's

I have read some reviews on
    stereospeakerreviews net]stereo speaker reviews
    and some say they are worth the money and some say they arent I still can't make decision Any thoughts?
    03-08-10 07:49 PM
    I have a full set of Technic surround speakers that are about 15 years old and they still sound awesome.

Lots of bass from the tower speakers, both have 2 10" subs. Also very clear treble but not an amazing mid range. Good for party music, they get very loud.
    03-09-10 10:39 AM
    Honestly, I'd use some cheaper stuff I put alot of money into my own home theatre, and I don't abuse it But I had a set of crappy Sony speakers and an old reciever. We'd take it to the machine shop, and the thing hauls We've got earplugs in, loud machinery constantly running, and you could hear it clearly across the shop And you don't have to worry about blowing them up, cuz you can buy another set for $20 online
    03-09-10 10:43 AM
    I've abused those Technics to no end and they continue to sound great. They were given to me so I have no idea what it would cost to replace them.

But Technic definitely gets my brand loyalty. If I need to replace these speakers sometime soon, it's the first brand I'll look at.
    03-09-10 10:50 AM
    i'm gonna risk being flamed and recommend a
    Logitech Z-2300
    It is value for sound.
    03-09-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD