You should be happy actually-

Who wants their overpriced unpronounceable bitter/burnt coffee?

You should be pissed Dunkin Donuts didn't ship their goods out.

Or did they?
    06-23-08 11:07 AM
    OH BTW... If Starbucks didn't support the troops (WHICH THEY DO)
    Why would they open them:

the Marine Corps opened its first fully licensed STARBUCKS at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego.

MCRD San Diego, STARBUCKS

P 619.725.6474

A 3800 Chosin Avenue, San Diego, CA 92140

L Building #10

HOURS

H Monday - Saturday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM

H Sunday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    06-23-08 11:08 AM
    Simmer down boys. Let's not get into a pissing match. What's great about this country is that we agree to disagree. If you want to boycott Starbucks its your choice just like its mine to boycott Walmart. By not boycotting Starbucks doesn't mean that I don't support the troops. I do. And I support them with little things....like donating my old BB to them and sending care packages for the holidays.
    If you don't believe what was posted them may I suggest that you go to your local Starbucks and speak to the store manager to see what the policy really is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 11:11 AM
    Simmer down boys. Let's not get into a pissing match. What's great about this country is that we agree to disagree. If you want to boycott Starbucks its your choice just like its mine to boycott Walmart. By not boycotting Starbucks doesn't mean that I don't support the troops. I do. And I support them with little things....like donating my old BB to them and sending care packages for the holidays.
    If you don't believe what was posted them may I suggest that you go to your local Starbucks and speak to the store manager to see what the policy really is.

Exactly!!!!! My husband freakin works there and He and I are both OIf Veterans. We both know that they support the troops. But if people need to know for themselves go ask their local managers!.
    06-23-08 11:18 AM
    isn't it all about freedom and choice...

you choose to go into the military and Starbucks chooses not to send coffee...and both are free to do so.

it's the American way.
    06-23-08 11:21 AM
    Anyone who says that Starbucks doesn't send stuff to the troops is full of it. They send tons of stuff overseas to the troops every year. You can even buy a bag of coffee specifically to send to the troops in any Starbucks store.
    06-23-08 01:07 PM
    OH BTW... If Starbucks didn't support the troops (WHICH THEY DO)
    Why would they open them:

the Marine Corps opened its first fully licensed STARBUCKS at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego.

MCRD San Diego, STARBUCKS

P 619.725.6474

A 3800 Chosin Avenue, San Diego, CA 92140

L Building #10

HOURS

H Monday - Saturday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM

H Sunday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Heh...I used to install computers for the DoD, and I can't remember a military base that DIDN'T have a freakin' Starbucks on it. They have Starbucks at the PENTAGON, fercryingoutloud!
    06-23-08 01:10 PM
    Personally I think sending Starbucks coffee to the troops would be a disservice. That stuff is nasty! God bless our troops! One thing to remember is if corporations fail to take care of our troops, we can. We should all be sending care packages when we can. My church donates calling cards monthly to our troops by collecting from the congregation and we're all honored to do what we can.

06-23-08 03:32 PM
    ... and most of the companies that do send stuff are doing it as a public relations move more than anything. Because lord knows, no one can even show a hint of not supporting the troops.

Why in the **** does this thread even exist. There are millions of Americans, private citizens as well as corporations, volunteer organizations, religious groups, and even grade schools, that do all they can to make sure our military knows it has the gratitude of the nation.

It is not any of our JOBS to provide for the troops (A whole lot different than support). We pay our taxes and expect the government to do that. So if they aren't getting what you think they need or deserve, take that up with the government.
    06-23-08 04:20 PM
    ... and most of the companies that do send stuff are doing it as a public relations move more than anything. Because lord knows, no one can even show a hint of not supporting the troops.

Why in the **** does this thread even exist. There are millions of Americans, private citizens as well as corporations, volunteer organizations, religious groups, and even grade schools, that do all they can to make sure our military knows it has the gratitude of the nation.

It is not any of our JOBS to provide for the troops (A whole lot different than support). We pay our taxes and expect the government to do that. So if they aren't getting what you think they need or deserve, take that up with the government.

you go boy!
    06-23-08 04:34 PM
    If all of this is truly the case with what Snopes said about that situation, I would have to apologize. It could have been possible that it happened once the war first began then Starbucks could have covered it up. Who knows what really happened? By the same token, I'm glad that we do have a lot of people and companies that support our troops. Yes it's also screwed up when these guys come home and they're just thrown away by society. They have guys like the Vietnam vets that happened too. It's really sad. The VA hospital is a joke to our men in uniform also. Yes I'm glad that some of you got pissed off along with me and also at me. That's what makes our world go around!! Always support the troops!!!!

06-23-08 04:45 PM
    Always support the troops!!!!
    All day, every day. And I for one do appreciate your service
    to the nation. And everyone else who has served or will.

It's just I am not so much concerned with what Starbucks
    does or does not do for the troops, but what the Pentagon,
    the VA, etc... does.

Coffee, yeah that's nice, but you guys really deserve to be
    treated better by the people, who sent you into harms way.

I am not a MARINE, but allow me the liberty to say Semper Fi.
    OORAH!!
    06-23-08 04:56 PM
    Maybe Halibertin should send them some coffee.

06-23-08 05:11 PM
    isn't it all about freedom and choice...

you choose to go into the military and Starbucks chooses not to send coffee...and both are free to do so.

it's the American way.
    That's what I'm sayin'...

[off topic] TX represent.
    06-23-08 06:48 PM
    As far as I know, since I go to starbucks everyday. Starbucks does send coffee and stuff overseas to the troops all the time. Who ever is getting all wild up about this topic, needs to calm down. there is no need to start arguing and stuff and "internet stomping" each other. If you're pissed off about what Starbucks does and about how they supposedly "Don't support the troops and the war" then you should go and talk to the CEO/President/Owner/Founder or whatever of Starbucks. Why are you complaining about it on this site? if you don't like what they do or did, then go talk to Starbucks. Write a them a letter or call them or something. If you don't like something then go DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, don't just sit here and complain about it. Sitting here and complaining about how Starbucks did the US Marines wrong isn't going to help anything, but taking action and actually writing Starbucks a letter or calling them or going to the Corporate office will.
    Last edited by stickypixieberry; 06-23-08 at 07:31 PM.
    06-23-08 07:15 PM
    There you go Apollo! It'll drive you nuts if you let anger get to you when you feel slighted by non-military. Most civilians don't know better - they couldn't. At least we learned after Viet Nam not to blame our fighting men and women for the mistakes politicians make.

This is a weird war. We didn't have contract civilians delivering supplies, cooking or treating drinking water at the front in SE Asia. My wife, who tracks health and safety data for a defense company and the Army, told me over a thousand civilians have been killed in Iraq supporting troops. The only way to find the true numbers is to look at workman's comp records.

I guess what I'm trying to say is a lot of brave Americans from all walks of life are giving all they've got to give. What words do any of us have for that kind of sacrifice?

Mike
    06-23-08 11:12 PM
    Maybe Halibertin should send them some coffee.

LOL

Yeah I think all this anger should maybe be directed at the people who put the troops in the position they are in.
    06-23-08 11:54 PM
    JUST A REMINDER TO ALL...WE ARE NOT IN A TIME OF A DRAFT SO ALL WHO ARE SERVING NOW JUST LIKE I DID AND OTHERS THAT STOOD NEXT TO ME..... VOLUNTEERED AND SIGNED UP TO SERVE THIS GREAT COUNTRY. NO MATTER WHAT EVERYONE'S OPINION IS.... JUST REMEMBER A SOLDIER, AIRMAN, SEAMAN, MARINE AND COAST GUARD HAVE FOUGHT, SACRIFICED THEIR LIFE FOR YOUR RIGHT AS A US CITIZEN TO SPEAK YOUR MIND AND FOR THE REST OF YOUR FREEDOMS!!!!!!!!
    06-24-08 12:03 AM
    As far as I know, since I go to starbucks everyday. Starbucks does send coffee and stuff overseas to the troops all the time. Who ever is getting all wild up about this topic, needs to calm down. there is no need to start arguing and stuff and "internet stomping" each other. If you're pissed off about what Starbucks does and about how they supposedly "Don't support the troops and the war" then you should go and talk to the CEO/President/Owner/Founder or whatever of Starbucks. Why are you complaining about it on this site? if you don't like what they do or did, then go talk to Starbucks. Write a them a letter or call them or something. If you don't like something then go DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, don't just sit here and complain about it. Sitting here and complaining about how Starbucks did the US Marines wrong isn't going to help anything, but taking action and actually writing Starbucks a letter or calling them or going to the Corporate office will.
    I complain on this site because I'm FREE to do so!! If we can have a thread about McCain and Obama and almost start a near racial war on this site, what's wrong with discussing our men in uniform!!!

06-24-08 12:35 AM
    All day, every day. And I for one do appreciate your service
    to the nation. And everyone else who has served or will.

It's just I am not so much concerned with what Starbucks
    does or does not do for the troops, but what the Pentagon,
    the VA, etc... does.

Coffee, yeah that's nice, but you guys really deserve to be
    treated better by the people, who sent you into harms way.

I am not a MARINE, but allow me the liberty to say Semper Fi.
    OORAH!!
    Thank you AG!!!! The whole thing that some are missing about this post that I made was the fact that this intent through emails about this company surfaced all around the US. I don't know if you ever received one but you probably can imagine the hurt that I felt for these men and women in uniform along with other patriotic citizens. No, they don't or didn't have to send them anything but if you couldn't even show a gesture of appreciation to those men and women, you are lost. Not you AG, lost generally speaking. If I'm at a sportsbar or whatever the case, I see one of them walk in, they're getting a beer or whatever they want to eat on me. That's how I am. If people out here knew how good you all make these guys feel by doing something like that or telling them u appreciate what they're doing for you, it makes them strong inside. It did for me when I was in during the Gulf War. You and I are cool AG, no problems here. I'll pm you in the morning when I get off from work tonight. Thanks!!

06-24-08 12:47 AM
    someone may need to switch to decaf lol
    i AGREE

Bull****!!! Charity?? So you're agreeing that by giving these guys some coffee for protecting everyones a** is charity?? You also need to be careful with snopes also!! They are sometimes known to spread a little misinformation, or shall I say MISDIRECTION?? These people hate everything that our US troops stands for, but yet, some of you just worry about what type of coffee you'll get the next day not thinking about how these people are treating the people that are protecting you!! We could not do what we do on our Berries each day without them!! I dont know what political affiliation any of you are, but I really don't give a dam, all I can say is that ALL OF YOU NEED TO START SHOWING THEM SOME GOT DAM**D RESPECT!!!!!!
    calm down buddy, you cant get mad at starbucks it s business, dont get me wrong i did my time and have had several fights with people who dont support the troops... but you cant freak out starbucks didnt do anything to you personally and if they did then you should find the ceo and beat him up personally lol
    06-24-08 12:52 AM
    Tiffee,
    The volunteer force is great, but it seems wrong to discount the the bravery and sacrifice of those who were drafted. From the Civil War to the World Wars to Korea and Viet Nam many many draftees served with distinction - including my step-brother who came home from Viet Nam with a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star with a V.

I served with draftees and I don't remember many differences between any of us. We were far more alike than different. A volunteer force is the best, but once you put on the uniform, you've earned the respect that comes with it.
    Last edited by exelant; 06-25-08 at 11:55 AM.
    06-24-08 01:16 AM
    My dad(vietnam & Desert Storm), grandfather( Korea and WWII), and everyone, along my bloodline has served this great country.. My husband came home in 03 with a purple heart and to this day he and I both would join up again and go right back over there. It is not about the Companies who support us or the corporations, but as long as we have what we need to complete the task at hand such as the right equipment, flack vest, Kevlar M-16 Ammo, armored vehicles, medical supplies etc.... I was a medic and my hubby infantry both served out of CO Springs. I have lost people in my fam to Vietnam war. It is hard.

I don't discount ANYONE that puts on the uniform. I have the UTMOST respect for anyone that puts on the uniform at any point in time. Sorry If I may have wrote something that offended you or anyone. =( I didn't mean it. My apologies. I was just trying to say about today's war.
    06-24-08 03:11 AM
    The internet is serious business.
    06-24-08 10:49 PM
    No offense taken at all, Tiffee! Last I knew medic was a combat job -- you go girl!!
    06-25-08 11:57 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD