I've mentioned this a couple of times before but I guess no one really gave a dam about it. These are the same people that once the Iraq war kicked off, they refused to show any support to my brothers that were risking their lives for this so-called great country that we live in. They didn't agree with the war and they chose not to support my brothers, YOUR BODYGUARDS OF THIS COUNTRY, THE US MARINES and all other branches of the armed forces!! From Hooters to everyone else sent the troops something in appreciation of what they were doing for this country. Even Vince McMahon brought the WWE out there for them!! These sorry F*CKS couldn't even send them any coffee?? F*ck them and their coffee!! I would never be caught dead there!! I wish all of my brothers at that time had their BLACKBERRIES with them so they could have found out how they were outnumbered, even from home!!!!!
    Dam you STARBUCKS!!! I WISH YOU WELL IN HELLO!!!
    06-23-08 07:25 AM
    Those jerks. No more starbucks for me...after the cup I just purchased

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 07:53 AM
    I still like starbucks. But they should have sent you guys some coffee.

06-23-08 08:07 AM
    <http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp>

Starbucks corporate doesn't give ANY product to ANY charity; they forward the requests to all local stores that, in turn, send out thousands of pounds of coffee to the troops each week. You may not agree with their corporate giving policy, but the Starbucks network is sending a fair amount of java overseas.

Sent from the wapforums because the "regular" forum is completely blank on all my browsers today...??

06-23-08 08:29 AM
    You need to check Snoopes dot com or fact checker this is a hoax. The Marine who wrote that email has written and posted an apology to StarBucks. It was based on a misunderstanding since cleared up. Starbucks donates a lot to military charities.
    So you know, I served in the Seventies and my wife works for the Army as a civilian. She goes to Kuwait and Iraq every other month. She says there is a StarBucks on every corner in Kuwait and one on all but the most remote US Army camps.We'd be the first ones to boycott anyone who did wrong to our Military.

06-23-08 08:40 AM
    <http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp>

Starbucks corporate doesn't give ANY product to ANY charity; they forward the requests to all local stores that, in turn, send out thousands of pounds of coffee to the troops each week. You may not agree with their corporate giving policy, but the Starbucks network is sending a fair amount of java overseas.

Sent from the wapforums because the "regular" forum is completely blank on all my browsers today...??

Bull****!!! Charity?? So you're agreeing that by giving these guys some coffee for protecting everyones a** is charity?? You also need to be careful with snopes also!! They are sometimes known to spread a little misinformation, or shall I say MISDIRECTION?? These people hate everything that our US troops stands for, but yet, some of you just worry about what type of coffee you'll get the next day not thinking about how these people are treating the people that are protecting you!! We could not do what we do on our Berries each day without them!! I dont know what political affiliation any of you are, but I really don't give a dam, all I can say is that ALL OF YOU NEED TO START SHOWING THEM SOME GOT DAM**D RESPECT!!!!!!
    Last edited by cate; 06-23-08 at 07:57 PM. Reason: language
    06-23-08 08:47 AM
    Bull****!!! Charity?? So you're agreeing that by giving these guys some coffee for protecting everyones a** is charity?? You also need to be careful with snopes also!! They are sometimes known to spread a little misinformation, or shall I say MISDIRECTION?? These people hate everything that our US troops stands for, but yet, some of you just worry about what type of coffee you'll get the next day not thinking about how these people are treating the people that are protecting you!! We could not do what we do on our Berries each day without them!! I dont know what political affiliation any of you are, but I really don't give a dam, all I can say is that ALL OF YOU NEED TO START SHOWING THEM SOME GOT DAM**D RESPECT!!!!!!
    Sigh...

First of all, calm down.

Secondly, you have no idea how much I respect and admire our armed forces for keeping me, my family, and everyone else in this country safe and secure. So back off.

I chose the term "charity" because it was the most expedient form of "not-for-profit nonpaying coffee-drinkers" that I could think of at a moment's notice. If you disagree with my choice of words, them I'm sorry. But to make things simple I took the concept of any nonpaying entity and lumped them all under the umbrella of "charity." Next time I'll be more clear so as not to get you upset at me, okay?

Snopes may not be the ultimate authority of everything, but in this case I think you'll see that Starbucks' position is perfectly clear and, as Excelant has offered in this thread, support our troops just fine.

The point of my post was that Starbucks may overroast their coffee, but that's not the same as not supporting our troops. So stop spreading your OWN misinformation just because you're unusually sensitive about the treatment our troops are getting. You want something to rant about? Get pissed about the treatment they're sometimes getting upon coming home, rather than how much coffee they do or do not get when in harm's way.

Enough said. I'm done here.
    06-23-08 08:58 AM
    gotta give it up for the troops, but i never heard that about starbucks
    but i cant remember the time i bought starbucks anyways
    i either drink rockstar or vietnamese coffee
    06-23-08 09:01 AM
    someone may need to switch to decaf lol
    06-23-08 09:03 AM
    I feel your pain as a former miltary personal (USCG) I was never on the front line of combat, we were always back here looking out for our shore lines and shipping lanes. I live in Cincinnati right now and collect every week to send packages to our members in the armed forces over seas. Sometimes it is a lot and others they are little packages. I can not tell you how many Marines have written personal letters to me Thanking me for The little things that we send over. I collect many item from local stores and restraunts for our brothers that are away from their familys, jobs, and their ways of life. I can not Thank the people enough for putting their lives on hold to go over and protect the people who stay home. I come from a long line of Military family and was proud to be able to say that I too served my country. Ladies and Gentlemen of the United States Armed Forces I can not Thank you enough for what you do. Keep your heads up.
    06-23-08 09:03 AM
    Sigh...

First of all, calm down.

Secondly, you have no idea how much I respect and admire our armed forces for keeping me, my family, and everyone else in this country safe and secure. So back off.

I chose the term "charity" because it was the most expedient form of "not-for-profit nonpaying coffee-drinkers" that I could think of at a moment's notice. If you disagree with my choice of words, them I'm sorry. But to make things simple I took the concept of any nonpaying entity and lumped them all under the umbrella of "charity." Next time I'll be more clear so as not to get you upset at me, okay?

Snopes may not be the ultimate authority of everything, but in this case I think you'll see that Starbucks' position is perfectly clear and, as Excelant has offered in this thread, support our troops just fine.

The point of my post was that Starbucks may overroast their coffee, but that's not the same as not supporting our troops. So stop spreading your OWN misinformation just because you're unusually sensitive about the treatment our troops are getting. You want something to rant about? Get pissed about the treatment they're sometimes getting upon coming home, rather than how much coffee they do or do not get when in harm's way.

Enough said. I'm done here.
    Have you ever been in the military Mr. Manevitch?? Because if you haven't, you know nothing of what my brothers and sisters are going through over there!! With that being said, if you weren't in the military, you can let the door knob hit you where the good Lord splits you!!! You know where that is don't you!!!
    06-23-08 09:08 AM
    I feel your pain as a former miltary personal (USCG) I was never on the front line of combat, we were always back here looking out for our shore lines and shipping lanes. I live in Cincinnati right now and collect every week to send packages to our members in the armed forces over seas. Sometimes it is a lot and others they are little packages. I can not tell you how many Marines have written personal letters to me Thanking me for The little things that we send over. I collect many item from local stores and restraunts for our brothers that are away from their familys, jobs, and their ways of life. I can not Thank the people enough for putting their lives on hold to go over and protect the people who stay home. I come from a long line of Military family and was proud to be able to say that I too served my country. Ladies and Gentlemen of the United States Armed Forces I can not Thank you enough for what you do. Keep your heads up.
    That was beautiful Threefive!! I appreciate you also brother!! If we can get some of these so called citizens to understand what we or our troops now go through, we would have it made. They're too spoiled, and the majority of the rest, are almost to young!! you decide!!
    06-23-08 09:13 AM
    So, Apollo, all the companies that don't send free stuff to our troops should be boycotted? And does this boycot include just the Marines over seas, all of military personel overseas, or all of our troops throughout the world (including stationed here in America not fighting)?
    06-23-08 09:17 AM
    yeah.....SCREW STARBUCKS im not buying anything from them. Im a military brat and i will be joining the marines in the next year..im not buying anything else from them!!!
    06-23-08 09:20 AM
    Yeah!!! Uhm? HULK SMASH!!!!!

06-23-08 09:24 AM
    So, Apollo, all the companies that don't send free stuff to our troops should be boycotted? And does this boycot include just the Marines over seas, all of military personel overseas, or all of our troops throughout the world (including stationed here in America not fighting)?
    kilted_thrower- Don't get me wrong first and foremost. Get the definition of free out of your vocabulary when it comes to our troops. My objective on this which I brought it up like 3 months ago, no one responded to it. I know that some companies cant bless all troops. there's no problem nor complaint with me on that one. When we have troops fighting a war, no matter what branch, you should show support if you can. These guys and women can lose their life tomorrow and leave children behind. I'm not saying to support the one that are not fighting, at least have the descent common courtesy to support the ones that are at this time> That's what I'm saying. Even though I'm a former MARINE, I can be at a bar and see anyone walk in with a military uniform on. Before they leave, they'll either have something to eat or something to drink along with a tight hug telling them (I appreciate what you're doing for me and tell them what unit I used to be with!!) That's what I'm saying!!
    06-23-08 09:31 AM
    You also need to be careful with snopes also!! They are sometimes known to spread a little misinformation, or shall I say MISDIRECTION??
    Could you cite a example or source for this? I have normally found them to do a pretty good job, and to simply say "I don't know" if they don't have a answer.

Speaking as a 10 year Sailor and whose stepson is currently serving in Iraq in the Army, I feel pretty comfortable saying most do what they can for the troops. There doesn't seem to be any real evidence here that Starbucks has gone out of their way to not support the troops (if you are buying that they wrote a letter stating that they don't give donations because they don't support the war, you really need to consider if that makes any sense at all)

But, hey.....if you still believe that Starbucks doesn't care about American Military members, fine.....just stop trying to make everyone else feel like a hater for not joining in on your conspiracy here.
    06-23-08 09:46 AM
    This hole Starbucks thing and the troops thing really drives me insane! I am an OIF Veteran of the United States Air Force and and I was over in Kuwait When we dropped bombs on Baghdad. We received Starbucks over there. The bottled Frappuchinos at that.

Not to mention my husband who IS also an OIF veteran with a PURPLE HEART from a RPG attack in Sep 03. Now he works for Starbucks and they have nothing but the utmost respect and everything for the troops. They always care. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
    06-23-08 10:14 AM
    Oh they even said the same thing about TARGET. So does that mean that I am going to stop shopping at TARGET? No.. Just a little of my 2 cents.
    06-23-08 10:17 AM
    My local Starbucks recently offered its customers the option of buying ground coffee (at a reduced price--I think) to send to the troops along with a personal note. I say "local" since I'm not sure how widespread this program was or if it was/is company-wide.
    06-23-08 10:21 AM
    Hmmmm!! You were a 10 year sailor and have a stepson in Iraq, am I correct?? I'm 38 years old sir and had I stayed in the US Marines, I would have been retired this year. I don't know how old you are but even though u have just tried to slam me somewhat, I'm going to give u a reprieve, for now anyway. You called my feelings a conspiracy as well as my thoughts along with my knowledge?? I'm going to ask you one thing SIR!! Are you a Mason?? If you are, did you go to your 32nd degree?? Did you go to the Knights Templar degree?? My man, if you hadn't did anyone of those, you definately don't know what the **** you're talking about when you bring up the word conspiracy!!!! NEXT QUESTION FOR THE NEXT PERSON, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-23-08 10:25 AM
    This has sure angered a few people. Apollo, I wasn't giving you a hard time - check my post. I served a long time ago in the Air Force in a much different war. Things were pretty bad when we came home, so I try to be sensitive to those who serve now. Like I said, my wife goes there often - she has to live in one of those metal boxes at a camp near the Bagdad airport. Also, my nephew just returned to K Town, Germany from his second deployment.
    If that stuff was true about StarBucks, I would be protesting in front of one of their stores. I was just trying to let you know it was a mistake, and one of your brother Marines wanted to make it right. You owe it to yourself to make sure you have the whole story. It's not just on Snopes, it's on all of the internet checkers.
    If I made you angry, I am sorry.

06-23-08 10:33 AM
    Everyone in here is going to hold a different opnion of what is right and what is wrong. WE are a family of one, I don't think anyone here dosen't want to be here by choice. Lets step back and collect ourselves. There are plenty of people who do not understand or realize what the families of military people go through. Dropping ones life and everything in it to shoot off to some foreign land to protect the right of the people there and here. I can make people a little crazy (actually alot). If someone posts something rhey believe in that is their right, also people who don't agree with that don't have to that is their right. Thats what is great about America, Freedom. I love this country more than most people imagine, I am the guy at the Ball games telling people to hush or remove their hats during our anthem. My children understand what it means and respect the fact that they live in a counrty of freedom. Lets all step back and remember in this time of WAR that someone out there has lost something near and dear to their hearts, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sister, Sons, Daughters, Husbands, Wives, and Friends. Now that being said lets all stand together ONE NATION UNDER GOD INDIVISIBLE. I am not meaning to offend or take sides, just trying to enlighten.
    06-23-08 10:46 AM
    Dude...I am a 2x Iraq vet and I think this post is completely rediculous. Your brothers didn't sign up to get free coffee...am I right?

...and what of individual liberty? Why should a company be forced to give handouts to ANYONE? Even though it would be disrespectful to the men and women in our armed forces, it is their right...not to mention that that is a right the marines are fighting to protect.

Either way rediculous, because starbucks is disgusting. Support your local coffee shops!
    06-23-08 10:54 AM
    Everyone in here is going to hold a different opnion of what is right and what is wrong. WE are a family of one, I don't think anyone here dosen't want to be here by choice. Lets step back and collect ourselves. There are plenty of people who do not understand or realize what the families of military people go through. Dropping ones life and everything in it to shoot off to some foreign land to protect the right of the people there and here. I can make people a little crazy (actually alot). If someone posts something rhey believe in that is their right, also people who don't agree with that don't have to that is their right. Thats what is great about America, Freedom. I love this country more than most people imagine, I am the guy at the Ball games telling people to hush or remove their hats during our anthem. My children understand what it means and respect the fact that they live in a counrty of freedom. Lets all step back and remember in this time of WAR that someone out there has lost something near and dear to their hearts, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sister, Sons, Daughters, Husbands, Wives, and Friends. Now that being said lets all stand together ONE NATION UNDER GOD INDIVISIBLE. I am not meaning to offend or take sides, just trying to enlighten.
    Well Said...... Most never remember the sacrifices that we have made to live in this great country. Me being a veteran and being only 26y/o.... with a husband with a purple heart,a dad and everyone back in my past has been in a war! Freedom of SPEECH, RELIGION, PRESS, PETITION, and ASSEMBLY are just a few things that are the privileges that can be thanked for. NOT TO MENTION THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!!!!
    06-23-08 11:03 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD