I really liked Discovery and was sad that they had to cancel it due to a dispute.
    Canceled? Season 2, with another 13 episodes, starts in January. There's news all over right now about the S2 trailer that CBS just released.
    10-09-18 06:48 AM
    Both, here. I love science fiction, so why would I choose one over the other and deprive myself of some amazing entertainment?

Same with phones. If you happen to like phones from a particular company, that’s great, but brand loyalty is for suckers. There are lots of great devices out there and you’d be foolish to intentionally limit yourself to a single brand.
    10-09-18 07:22 AM
    Canceled? Season 2, with another 13 episodes, starts in January. There's news all over right now about the S2 trailer that CBS just released.
    The 2nd season was cancelled due to "problems". But now I see that a year after the 1st season they are going to realise the 2nd season in January 2019. I'll be looking out for it on Netflix!
    10-20-18 04:31 PM
    Damn! After 3 years this thread is still going! Saw a few Orville references. While I DO like the new Star Trek; I also think The Orville is better!
    12-23-18 07:34 PM
    My 17 year old son has always been into the starwars and watches them often. I prefer star trek myself and think the newer star trek films are very good. Live long and prosper. ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    pkcable likes this.
    01-15-19 11:34 AM
    Star Trek. I like my science fiction the old school way with allegory and satire. I like Star Wars, too.; it's really a choice between traditional science fiction and space fantasy.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-15-19 12:15 PM
    Star Trek. I like my science fiction the old school way with allegory and satire. I like Star Wars, too.; it's really a choice between traditional science fiction and space fantasy.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    This is a very good point! Star Trek does have a much better "social justice" track record.
    01-17-19 09:01 AM
    This is a very good point! Star Trek does have a much better "social justice" track record.
    Going back to the days before that was a thing.

I still like both.

They are different animals. Trek was always the more traditional science fiction with socially allegorical stories. Wars is more fantasy with mythologically based stories wrapped in science fiction trappings.

Both are great entertainment.
    01-17-19 10:51 AM
    Going back to the days before that was a thing.

I still like both.

They are different animals. Trek was always the more traditional science fiction with socially allegorical stories. Wars is more fantasy with mythologically based stories wrapped in science fiction trappings.

Both are great entertainment.
    Perhaps my favorite episode of this type was when the two mixed color guys were fighting. They both were black AND white, but on reserved sides. The one guy was after the other because he was black on the wrong side!

Kirk discovers its a racial issue, and then says to them, but you guys are the same (or something along those lines) and the chasing guys says, but NO he is black on the LEFT side.

Last edited by pkcable; 01-17-19 at 03:00 PM.
    01-17-19 02:39 PM
    Trek
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-17-19 07:39 PM
    Perhaps my favorite episode of this type was when the two mixed color guys were fighting. They both were black AND white, but on reserved sides. The one guy was after the other because he was black on the wrong side!

Kirk discovers its a racial issue, and then says to them, but you guys are the same (or something along those lines) and the chasing guys says, but NO he is black on the LEFT side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vi7QQ5pO7_A
    Yeah, that was one of their more "less-than-subtle" episodes. Great concept.
    01-17-19 08:16 PM
    Battlestar Galactica. I loved it in '78 and enjoyed the reboot even more.
    01-17-19 09:53 PM
    Star Trek.

Didn't like the last movie though. Destroyed the Enterprise. Airplane mechanic in me abhors seeing the machine abused by operators. Navy guy in me is saddened by the finality of a ship "sinking".

I can list several other problems with the movie. Poor show for the 50th anniversary.
    skrble likes this.
    01-17-19 10:41 PM
    Is the better question now Star Trek Discovery OR The Orville?
    01-24-19 08:43 AM
    Is the better question now Star Trek Discovery OR The Orville?
    I haven't watched either. Don't have network TV and refuse to pay for another streaming service.

Curious about your opinion though.
    02-03-19 12:59 PM
    I haven't watched either. Don't have network TV and refuse to pay for another streaming service.

Curious about your opinion though.
    We watch The Orville on Hulu - if you're a fan of Star Trek TOS you'll like it.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-03-19 01:06 PM
    We watch The Orville on Hulu - if you're a fan of Star Trek TOS you'll like it.
    Hmm, I am a TOS fan. I better check it out.
    02-03-19 01:30 PM
    The Orville for sure!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-04-19 09:52 AM
    Star Trek Discovery Season 3 OR Star Trek Picard?
    10-18-19 09:17 AM
    Star Trek Discovery Season 3 OR Star Trek Picard?
    Picard. 👍
    pkcable likes this.
    10-18-19 09:38 AM
95 ... 234