I haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies.

Nor Have I seen any of the Matrix movies.

I plan to see both before I die.

My question is this, what order should I see Star Wars?

Some people say 4, 5, 6, first, and then Some say 1, 2, 3 first.

To me, it makes much more sense to watch them from the beginning.

But I want to do this right.

Input?
    05-05-10 09:38 AM
    I've never seen the "new" ones.

4,5,6, are where it's at.
    05-05-10 09:43 AM
    I have only seen the first one so I dont have any advice.
    05-05-10 09:43 AM
    Start with 4,5,6 and then1,2,3. It may defy reason but it makes total sense and
    to see them in sequential order ruins the back story.
    05-05-10 09:44 AM
    Okay, now to hunt them down at best buy since movie rental stores are nonexistant, and apparently iTunes doesn't carry any Star Wars movies.

On a sidenote, do Star Wars and Star Trek have to do anything with eachother?
    05-05-10 09:53 AM
    Oh my God Prada...

I'm just gonna skip all the "WTF have you been doing with your life..."

Star Wars and Star Trek have nothing to do with each other.

I would see 4, 5 and 6 first, simply because they were made first. They are also superior the 1, 2 and 3 for many reasons but to an outsider like you, you make think differently. Phantom Menace is the only one I really dislike (but it's still not deplorable)

Also, you would probably like The Clone Wars Series being such a fan of cartoons as you are.

The Matrix is an awesome movie, 2 and 3 are just OK.
    05-05-10 09:58 AM
    The only things Star Wars and Star Trek have in common are (a) the word "star"
    and (b) the total character count in the title you godless commie heathen.
    05-05-10 10:01 AM
    Oh my God Prada...

I'm just gonna skip all the "WTF have you been doing with your life..."

Star Wars and Star Trek have nothing to do with each other.

I would see 4, 5 and 6 first, simply because they were made first. They are also superior the 1, 2 and 3 for many reasons but to an outsider like you, you make think differently. Phantom Menace is the only one I really dislike (but it's still not deplorable)

Also, you would probably like The Clone Wars Series being such a fan of cartoons as you are.

The Matrix is an awesome movie, 2 and 3 are just OK.
    Truth be told, the Clone Wars cartoon series is what has been motivating me to watch the Movies.

Everytime I see it, it looks interesting, but being the OCD freak that I am, I refuse to watch the cartoons without watching the movies.

I know the cartoon series has been made official canon by George, and I don't want to ruin anything.

/gasp!

I've been accused of many things over my time here on CB, but never a godless heathen!

Points for originality
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 05-05-10 at 10:11 AM.
    05-05-10 10:04 AM
    I was gonna go easy on him Ken... but you're right.

Reminds me of a stand up routine by Brian Posehn. He says the only true way to **** of a geek is to confuse the 2 franchises. Youtube it!
    05-05-10 10:05 AM
    Seriously Prada, watch them in order of release. You'll enjoy it more that way

That is of course after you get past the fact that Hayden Christensen makes
    Keanu Reeve look like Lawrence Olivier. They could have had a 2x4 with a wig play
    his part and it would have been more dynamic.
    05-05-10 10:14 AM
    Okay, I'll get on that ASAP and post my reactions here.

On a sidenote, were do the hardcore fans learn so much about background stuff?

Are the movies so detailed in terms of Jedi and Sith philosophy, and alien languages?

Or do people just make that ish up to suite their needs?
    05-05-10 10:19 AM
    Believe it or not for Star Trek there is a Klingon dictionary. You have no idea the
    level the diehards go over this stuff.

I watched one of the Star Wars movies with a bunch of friends and one of them
    was ACTUALLY writing down notes on a legal pad.

One point of trivia: The one of first interracial kisses to ever air on TV was on "Star Trek."
    Captain Kirk and LT Uhura (man Nichelle Nichols was hot)
    05-05-10 10:25 AM
    That is of course after you get past the fact that Hayden Christensen makes
    Keanu Reeve look like Lawrence Olivier
    . They could have had a 2x4 with a wig play
    his part and it would have been more dynamic.
    THIS! +1. I was discussing this with a friend just the other day. It seems all the actors in the "first" 3 movies are forcing the lines out of their mouths, none of them seem natural at all. But Hayden takes the cake... he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

Okay, I'll get on that ASAP and post my reactions here.

On a sidenote, were do the hardcore fans learn so much about background stuff?

Are the movies so detailed in terms of Jedi and Sith philosophy, and alien languages?

Or do people just make that ish up to suite their needs?
    When I was discussing the above with my friend, I had just seen a history of Star Wars documentary on the History Channel. It was pretty interesting, I learned a lot about the films I didn't know. It's largely based in mythology, there are a lot of parallels with common mythic stories. Youtube it!
    05-05-10 10:27 AM
    I'm just amazed that there's even a religion based off of Star Wars!
    05-05-10 10:37 AM
    I'm just amazed that there's even a religion based off of Star Wars!
    It's really no different than any other religion when you think about it. Just stories told over the years to teach people of morality and justice, etc.
    05-05-10 10:47 AM
    Prada, in the world we live in I would not be surprised to drive by the "Everlasting,
    Blood of the Lamb, Road to Jericho, Mount Mariah, Non-Denominational, Body of
    Christ, Blessed Be Allah, New Testament peacefully coexisting with the Old
    Testament while recognizing the value of the Koran, Sanctuary of Donkey Kong."
    05-05-10 10:50 AM
    Watch them in the order they were made, or it won't make sense.
    05-05-10 11:01 AM
    I'm not really that disappointed in you, Prada, for not watching Star Wars. I am, however, disappointed in the rest of you who've included Episodes 1, 2, and 3 as episodes he should watch. Those movies were straight trash and shouldn't be included when speaking of the greatness that is Star Wars.
    05-05-10 11:02 AM
    Prada, in the world we live in I would not be surprised to drive by the "Everlasting,
    Blood of the Lamb, Road to Jericho, Mount Mariah, Non-Denominational, Body of
    Christ, Blessed Be Allah, New Testament peacefully coexisting with the Old
    Testament while recognizing the value of the Koran, Sanctuary of Donkey Kong."
    That would never happen though, because a religion like that would make sense.

05-05-10 11:05 AM
    I'm not really that disappointed in you, Prada, for not watching Star Wars. I am, however, disappointed in the rest of you who've included Episodes 1, 2, and 3 as episodes he should watch. Those movies were straight trash and shouldn't be included when speaking of the greatness that is Star Wars.
    Two things always struck me about the second group. I don't think Lucas' heart was in them and he only made them to see out the series. Also, he was taken in by all the hi-tech gee whiz special effects that evolved since he pioneered them in the original series.
    05-05-10 12:08 PM
    Star Wars & Star Trek are related in that they both are science fiction franchisees (I'm I spelling that right?) with books, movies, TV series, and fiercely loyal fans. There IS some cross over too, in that some fans are fans of both, BUT they are otherwise in no way related.
    05-05-10 12:22 PM
    Two things always struck me about the second group. I don't think Lucas' heart was in them and he only made them to see out the series. Also, he was taken in by all the hi-tech gee whiz special effects that evolved since he pioneered them in the original series.
    Completely agree.
    05-05-10 12:25 PM
    While we're at it, to save you some time for watching the Trek movies, just google "star trek even numbered movies". You're welcome.

And regarding SW, definitely 4,5,6, 1, 2, 3. Part of the joy of 4, 5, 6 was not yet knowing stuff that is shown in 1, 2, 3.

I would still like to see 7, 8, 9, but we know that will never happen.
    05-05-10 12:50 PM
    I agree with you.

I refuse to watch 1,2, and 3. They'll never be as great as the original movies.
    05-05-10 12:58 PM
    I agree with you.

I refuse to watch 1,2, and 3. They'll never be as great as the original movies.
    You said you've never seen them...

They're at least worth watching if you're a Star Wars fan.

Everyone agrees they're not that great (definitely not as good as the "last" 3) but it's still part of the story.
    05-05-10 01:28 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD