lets say hypothetically i was in mt airy North Carolina and a speeding ticket for doing 80 in a 65. since its my first ticket will it show uup on my nationwide insurance.
    10-14-09 02:20 PM
    lets say hypothetically i was in mt airy North Carolina and a speeding ticket for doing 80 in a 65. since its my first ticket will it show uup on my nationwide insurance.
    depends call your agent. i think nationwide is now offering a ticket/accident forgiveness program.

but here in ohio EVERY moving violation shows on your BMV records.
    10-14-09 02:24 PM
    Most likely, yes.

You should check in to driving school. Here in MS, if it's your first offense you can take a defensive driving course and they wipe the ticket from your record.
    10-14-09 02:24 PM
    +1 on the driving school idea. Works here in CA.
    10-14-09 02:26 PM
    i know itll go on my DMV records i just dont want my rates to go up. im gonna pay it. but the the thing is i live in VA about an hour and a half away from Mt. Airy. so do i have to go to a NC driving school or VA driving school.
    Last edited by jhagan09; 10-14-09 at 02:35 PM.
    10-14-09 02:27 PM
    Even if you do pay it, the ticket will still be reported to your insurance.
    10-14-09 02:35 PM
    Even if you do pay it, the ticket will still be reported to your insurance.
    so if i call the insurance, do i do driving school thru them. and then no one will ever know it happened?
    10-14-09 02:36 PM
    Usually (again, in CA) you have a choice of driving schools (completely separate entities, not affiliated with insurance or the courts) that are accepted by the court in the county where you got the ticket. Once you complete the driving school, the court dismisses the "point" on your record and drops the mention of a ticket to your insurance. Not sure if/how that works in NC.
    10-14-09 02:38 PM
    so if i call the insurance, do i do driving school thru them. and then no one will ever know it happened?
    Here in Ohio there will still be a shadow on the record for 4 years.
    10-14-09 02:39 PM
    Here in Ohio there will still be a shadow on the record for 4 years.
    im mean since im still on my parents auto insurance wiil they know? cause if they find out no more car for awhile and i happen to like my car
    10-14-09 02:52 PM
    im mean since im still on my parents auto insurance wiil they know? cause if they find out no more car for awhile and i happen to like my car

Dude, from personal experience I'm telling you to go ahead and tell your parents. I've been thru this many times with my parents and I can almost guarantee they will find out sooner or later. You might as well just tell em now and get it over with.
    10-14-09 02:55 PM
    You're screwed then ......
    10-14-09 03:01 PM
    well thats fantastic
    10-14-09 03:04 PM
    Dude, from personal experience I'm telling you to go ahead and tell your parents. I've been thru this many times with my parents and I can almost guarantee they will find out sooner or later. You might as well just tell em now and get it over with.
    +1, and you might be able to wheel and deal with them on the punishment... ie. Loss of car.
    10-14-09 03:04 PM
    NC has a reciprocity agreement and reports all out of state speed tickets to the state of residence.
    10-14-09 03:09 PM
    +1, and you might be able to wheel and deal with them on the punishment... ie. Loss of car.
    Exactly. If you come clean, there's a better chance your punishment will be less severe because you told the truth.

Believe me when I say I've treid to hide many, MANY speeding tickets from my parents and they always caught me.
    10-14-09 03:11 PM
    i just sent the money order today. atleast ill be home more and that means more time for crackberry.
    10-14-09 03:23 PM
    and one more thing will they see how fast i was goin
    10-14-09 03:25 PM
    and one more thing will they see how fast i was goin
    Don't know about that. If I was gonna tell em (my parents would ask this however) I would neglect to tell them the speed.
    10-14-09 03:35 PM
    I don't know about North Carolina but last year my wife and I were driving from MA to FL and I got pulled over for speeding in South Carolina. I was given the option of getting a ticket or pleading guilty to a minor civil offense and play a slightly higher fine (about $80), which I did, and it never should up on my record.

A similar event happened to me in 1999 while driving through Texas where I got pulled over for speeding. When I reached my destination (San Diego) I called the clerks office who's # was on the ticket. They gave me three options; first to pay the fine, second to write a reason why I was speeding and a judge may reduce or expunge the fine, or third was to pay a higher fee (around $60-80) and as long as I didn't have another traffic violation with the next 3 months (had no intention of being in Texas ever again) it would never should up on my record. And it didn't

So if I were you, I'd look into other options if there available.
    10-14-09 03:40 PM
    thats what i thought and the thing is i drove back by (and the interstate i was on was posted 70, )and got on the on ramp and looked from the on ramp to where i was pulled over and there was no posting. but the cop wasnt bad i didnt wear me seat belt and i was doin 84, but he dropped because in NC anything over 80 u have to go to court.
    10-14-09 03:41 PM
    I don't know about North Carolina but last year my wife and I were driving from MA to FL and I got pulled over for speeding in South Carolina. I was given the option of getting a ticket or pleading guilty to a minor civil offense and play a slightly higher fine (about $80), which I did, and it never should up on my record.

A similar event happened to me in 1999 while driving through Texas where I got pulled over for speeding. When I reached my destination (San Diego) I called the clerks office who's # was on the ticket. They gave me three options; first to pay the fine, second to write a reason why I was speeding and a judge may reduce or expunge the fine, or third was to pay a higher fee (around $60-80) and as long as I didn't have another traffic violation with the next 3 months (had no intention of being in Texas ever again) it would never should up on my record. And it didn't

they didnt give me a number all it had was the county of Surry superior court address.
    10-14-09 03:42 PM

What bunch of crock - you speed you pay the fine simple as that. if you just waltz up to someone and shoot someone you cannot write a note why you shot them get out of it. that is the biggest load of @#!@ i've even read on this board.... if my 4 yr old nephew walks up to a hot stove and puts his hand on it he will get burnt- he cannot make a macaroni Christmas tree and "un burn" his hand...... you screw up you pay the price plain and simple.
    10-14-09 04:23 PM
    im goin to im just tryin to get in as little trouble as i can
    10-14-09 04:33 PM
    What bunch of crock - you speed you pay the fine simple as that. if you just waltz up to someone and shoot someone you cannot write a note why you shot them get out of it. that is the biggest load of @#!@ i've even read on this board.... if my 4 yr old nephew walks up to a hot stove and puts his hand on it he will get burnt- he cannot make a macaroni Christmas tree and "un burn" his hand...... you screw up you pay the price plain and simple.
    False... Macaroni Christmas trees make EVERYTHING better.
    10-14-09 04:52 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD