I hate this message. And what's more, I can foresee it happening. When that black spinning clock appears while I'm browsing and it does more than 4-5 cycles, it's ask me to close tabs (two at the most) but before I get a chance to do so, it hits me with that message. "Sorry! we're closing this page because it is too large to load." BAM, in your face. It's like someone asking you, "Did you think you bought some ORDINARY chocolate cake?" And before you get a chance to even think of an answer, you get smashed in the head with the answer, "WRONG! This is M&S chocolate cake!"

I mean, I like OS 6, but the s****y WebKit browser just doesn't seem to comply with the rest of the OS. I try to open the website, www.airliners.net/ and it can't even load it fully. Sometimes, it manages to miraculously load completely. I think to myself, there must be something wrong with this� and I'm wrong. As soon as I scroll up and down the webpage, I get kicked with "Sorry! we're closing this page because it is too large to load." Dang. www.jameslist.com is another website, though I'm able to load the homepage. I click on any link and I get sent back to where I started. The worst time was when I was writing a long forum post and I created another tab just to be sure of my information and that it wasn't incorrect. When the spinning clock appeared, I realised that 15 minutes of typing had gone to waste. Kaboom: "Sorry! we're closing this page because it is too large to load." ARGH!

I've tried three different versions. .534, .600 and .546. None of them gave me a better or worse browsing experience. I can't go back to OS 5, the browser took over a minute to load JamesList on WiFi. 3G, longer.

My rant is now over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 06:50 PM
    I bet it works on Android...
    08-09-11 01:30 AM
    For that, I use either Bolt or Opera Mini 6.1. I never get that message... Ever but with the webkit thing, I even got that with the wapforums. Insane ****z.

08-09-11 05:30 AM
    I have never gotten that message on my Bold... Maybe I just don't open super large pages... and the most tabs I've had open at once was like 4-5, but thats weird.

I agree with the above poster. Have you tried the Opera Mini browser?

And why post this here and not in one of the Blackberry sections...?
    08-09-11 04:22 PM
    I use Opera Mini 6.1 sometimes, but a lot of websites I use tend to have drop-down menus when you hover the cursor over buttons. One website that Opera Mini 6.1 doesn't work with is Auto Trader UK - Used cars for sale. There is a huge list of car manufacturers and I cannot press a keyboard letter to shortcut i.e. "F" to go to "Ford" and "T" to go to "Toyota". While I scroll down, sometimes the drop-down menu suddenly closes, the page loads and just refreshes itself. When I do manage to select the car manufacturer, it loads, but doesn't complete it. It's as though I've just hit the refresh button. I use it mainly for reading large articles, news websites, picture websites and others which are high in bandwidth.

Bolt is pretty okay to view full websites, but I cannot zoom in too well and while I'm walking or in motion, I'm unable to distinguish the pin-sharp words. I use Bolt for viewing full page websites which I cannot access using the native browser. I have a 9700 Bold, so maybe the RAM has something to do with the closure of webpages. I have 45MB+ at the moment, but after a fresh install of an OS with 60MB+, it still can't load full webpages.

I hope to get the 9900 soon, just have to save up which will probably take months lol.

EDIT: I posted it here because I'm sure there are tons of other posts like this. Plus, I probably wouldn't be taken seriously by my comedic way of writing this post. I posted something similar and to the point about this problem and someone replied, saying something along the lines of, BlackBerrys are devices which are capable of browsing, NOT purely for browsing. I agree, but the iPhone wasn't made purely for browsing either. My friend had 8 tabs open all with www.airliners.net/ pages and the iPhone 4 was not in any way slowed down.

Last edited by Joel_Zimmerman; 08-09-11 at 04:42 PM.
    08-09-11 04:37 PM
    I've run into the same thing. Found RIM's official stance at:

hxxp://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB26416&sliceID=1&command= show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=KB26416

which essentially says "Cause: Your BB 9700 doesn't have enough RAM. Solution: Upgrade to a newer device with more ram".

I think i'm going to see about downgrading the OS back to 5.x. I don't need the fancy menus.

EDIT: insufficient posts to post a URL. had to butcher it a bit.
    08-18-11 05:33 PM
    If they say I do not have enough RAM, I wonder why I check my RAM usage while opening a big page and it says that I still have about 35MB of free memory left. I'm guessing that the browser only uses a certain amount of RAM and doesn't go over it's allowance. Still, I can't complain!
    08-20-11 09:49 AM
    I get this stupid message on my 9780 all the time. But Ive gone back to just using Opera mini which Ive always loved.
    08-22-11 08:22 PM
    Opera Mini's awesome, though it's not as flexible as the native browser sometimes. When I get the 9900, I'll see what it's browser's really like and give it a run for it's money. I'll open about 8 tabs all with Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News on them and see whether it fairs or not. There's no reason why it shouldn't.

09-05-11 11:49 PM
    Under browser options disable "Java Script" and disable "embedded media". Not only will you no longer get this error, the web pages open fast and you can open multiple pages at the same time. What a simple fix!

Problem was solved by Collie on the PinStack forum
    Browser problems after software upgrade
    06-24-12 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD