Arlington - Trace Adkins
    War All of Time - Thursday
    The Other Side - Smile Empty Soul
    Silhouettes - Smile Empty Soul
    Amazing - Janelle

Brings me to tears;
    Closing Time - Everclear
    Untitled - Simple Plan
    Hugged by You - Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen (dorky, I know but I was 8 when my Grandma, who I was extremely close to, died on my birthday and this song always brings me to tears because it makes me think of her)
    Here Comes Goodbye - Rascal Flatts
    My Immortal - Evanescence

There are a lot more but these were the ones I could think of without going through my iTunes library.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Definately War all the time. Just his voice at the beginning "can you hear the footsteps..." Its so good.
    10-19-09 01:23 PM
    I forgot one and this is really going to be a departure.

The beginning of the second movement of Scheherazade.
    The Violin Solo and the Oboe solo is the most beautiful
    piece of music ever scored IMO.
    10-19-09 01:54 PM
    Rob Thomas - Her diamonds
    Keith Urban - Only you could love me
    and thank you

Anything by The Honorary Title, great sob break up songs or just mushy love. The artists and songs are the ones recently to give you that particular feeling while you listen everyone has experienced it!

Saliva - click click boom and incubus - wish you were here are two favorites headed up to the mountains or on the slopes to listen to and get you adrenaline running.

10-19-09 02:04 PM
    Here With Me by Sarah Brightman.
    You can't mention Sarah Brightman without mention her duet with Bocelli of Time to Say Goodbye

And another version from British office worker and Britian's Got Talent winner Paul Potts....

10-19-09 02:18 PM
    I have a song that evokes an emotional response, but I wouldn't reveal it to
    anyone. I want it to be my song.
    10-19-09 03:10 PM
    Did someone mention Rush? They are one of the first bands that I saw live. Circa 1980. Besides all the well known songs, is my favorite, which is best heard live....

10-19-09 03:36 PM
    Did someone mention Rush? They are one of the first bands that I saw live. Circa 1980. Besides all the well know songs, is my favorite, which is best heard live....

YES, I totally mentioned Rush. One of my favorite songs (possibly my favorite of all time) is the full version of 2112. Very operatic, such a good story in that song.

Trees is a great song too. One of the few during that time period for Rush that was really, really good.

The beginning of this post reminds me of the band Yes and a couple of their songs. One my favorites is Long Distance Runaround and the next song after it on the original album, I can't remember the name. Of course Roundabout is a great one, Starship Trooper is another great one. Those songs always take me back....

When I hear songs they always remind me of the time period I listened to the songs the most.
    10-19-09 03:40 PM
    What hurts the most - Rascial Flats
    When I get where I'm going - Brad Paisley

just two that really get me.
    10-19-09 03:42 PM
    Hello Darling by Conway Twitty.

That one really gets me going, not really in a good way.
    10-19-09 03:44 PM
    I have a song that evokes an emotional response, but I wouldn't reveal it to
    anyone. I want it to be my song.
    Could it be this one?????

10-19-09 03:46 PM
    Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.....wow, makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and rock.

NINs version of Hurt.....makes me want to crawl on the floor like a cat. Wait thats Closer. Eh.....the entire Downward Spiral CD. Making women want to crawl on floors like a cat since 1994
    Last edited by Mavis Fesselmeyer; 10-19-09 at 03:56 PM.
    10-19-09 03:51 PM
    What hurts the most - Rascial Flats
    When I get where I'm going - Brad Paisley

just two that really get me.
    Those two get to me too.

Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Allison Kraus is another one.

10-19-09 04:59 PM
    Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.....wow, makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and rock.

NINs version of Hurt.....makes me want to crawl on the floor like a cat. Wait thats Closer. Eh.....the entire Downward Spiral CD. Making women want to crawl on floors like a cat since 1994
    This brings to mind 2 others:

God's Gonna Cut You Down - Johnny Cash
    puts life into perspective

10-19-09 05:44 PM
    Big John - Jimmy Dean Reminds me of my grandfather to a tee

Till I gain control Again- Blue Rodeo I cry badly from this one , it was the last song my grandma head before she passed away at home with our family
    We used to go to the concerts when she was still alive .

If Tommorow Never Comes - Garth Brooks
    To be with you - Mr Big
    10-19-09 07:02 PM
    As a Phillies fan this one always has a special place in my heart.....

10-19-09 07:25 PM
    "Better" by Tom Baxter.

10-19-09 07:38 PM
    Gives me chills/makes me emotional;
    Arlington - Trace Adkins
    War All of Time - Thursday
    The Other Side - Smile Empty Soul
    Silhouettes - Smile Empty Soul
    Amazing - Janelle

Brings me to tears;
    Closing Time - Everclear
    Untitled - Simple Plan
    Hugged by You - Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen (dorky, I know but I was 8 when my Grandma, who I was extremely close to, died on my birthday and this song always brings me to tears because it makes me think of her)
    Here Comes Goodbye - Rascal Flatts
    My Immortal - Evanescence

There are a lot more but these were the ones I could think of without going through my iTunes library.

Totally not being a nit-picker, but Closing Time is by Semisonic. Just so you know

I've read a lot of good ones in this thread!

All Pink FLoyd especially Gig and Wish you were here...

Fade Into You - Turn this on when you're with a girl who is even remotely interested in you, and the deal is sealed.

Hurt - Both versions are great. Have you ever seen the video of it live whre T Rez is totally in a different world and theres a huge screen behind him full of crazy images? Here it is... worth watching.

I always get a little emotional when I hear this one just because of things that have happened between me and a special someone...

Another one that gives me chills for some reason besides the fact that I've always loved it is Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill. I can't find a good version of PG doing it on Youtube because they are all live and hard to hear, but this guy does a good and interesting amateur cover of it.

I have a lot more, because music is pretty much my life... but I'll start with these... hope you listen and enjoy!
    10-20-09 12:10 AM
    Totally not being a nit-picker, but Closing Time is by Semisonic. Just so you know

I've read a lot of good ones in this thread!

All Pink FLoyd especially Gig and Wish you were here...

Fade Into You - Turn this on when you're with a girl who is even remotely interested in you, and the deal is sealed.

Hurt - Both versions are great. Have you ever seen the video of it live whre T Rez is totally in a different world and theres a huge screen behind him full of crazy images? Here it is... worth watching.

I always get a little emotional when I hear this one just because of things that have happened between me and a special someone...

Another one that gives me chills for some reason besides the fact that I've always loved it is Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill. I can't find a good version of PG doing it on Youtube because they are all live and hard to hear, but this guy does a good and interesting amateur cover of it.

I have a lot more, because music is pretty much my life... but I'll start with these... hope you listen and enjoy!
    Ah, you are right. I don't know why I thought it was by Everclear.

10-20-09 01:23 AM
    Those two get to me too.

I cry everytime I hear that song.
    10-20-09 01:31 AM
    Holy Water - BignRich
    10-20-09 07:59 AM
    Those two get to me too.

Oh that one gets me everytime!

&the remake of I told you so - Carrie Underwood
    The one by Randy Travis is good too.
    10-20-09 08:11 AM
    Your mention of Pink Floyd.....I forgot about High Hopes. One of my favorite songs. So haunting
    That *may* be my favorite of the non-DSoTM/Wall/WYWH songs... That or On the Turning Away. And I'm not saying the other albums are better, but they are just completely different.

I *heart* Trent

we saw him this summer, and I'm glad we did. It was an amazing show, even after all these years... I first saw them 15 years ago...

My song - (non-bacon flavored) Mayonaise by The Smashing Pumpkins. This one inspired what will be my next tattoo...

- WAP
    No more promise, no more sorrow, no longer will I follow.
    Can anybody hear me? I just want to be me.
    When I can, I will. Try to understand that when I can, I will...
    10-20-09 08:21 AM
    Isnt it a powerful song? (High Hopes) I too love On the Turning Away. I also like Queensryche (sp?) as some of their slower stuff has a sort of haunting PF feel to it.

NIN....Trent....great stuff. Like I said before. That music certainly evokes an emotional response of the randy kind.

Yay tats!
    10-20-09 08:31 AM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD