As much as I like/love/sometimes hate technology and my playbook and other tech toys......let me stop there
    Other times I wish we had no tech at all and to converse we needed to have actual face time with people and no I'm not talking about anything apple related unless you can eat it.

technology has made us productive in a way,but in a much different way. today in this day and age in order to get somewhere quiet and I mean quiet other than nature you need to travel 6 or so hours in my case to algonquin provincial park and at that tonget away from people you have to canoe and portage in a good 3-5 hours. but when you do this you get true bliss being surounded by naure no ome to call you to bother you anything.

that also being said I understand not everyone likes camping out. but in the city when ever there is a blackout people seem to get nicer all goimg outside with no electricity and enjoy a sense of community. why is it to enjoy this sense of community nowadays you have to go on the internet because in day to day life everyone is so busy with their phones,technology and their ever increasingly busy lives where they want nothing to do with you.

the way I equate it to is someome who smokes cigarettes who say they smoke to releive stress, when in reality its a stress causd by the addiction from smoking...a sort of a catch22

I see this the same way as most of us live our lives nowadays. we spend half the day texting someone because we can't be bothered to or don't want to actually call them when a 5 min conversation would suffice to get the point across.

I could say a lot more and I'm sure inwill in tje comments lol. this is just my opinion after all
    venious and Affie36 like this.
    04-15-13 09:02 AM
    Here here. technology is our destruction. People nowadays don't know how to do anything unless it's related to Facebook or Twitter or instagram. Nobody even talks anymore. Everything is through social media and even then people has lost the intelligence of proper grammar.

I agree that the world needs a hard reset.

Posted from the beyond...
    Last edited by 3hb78ftg; 04-17-13 at 12:47 PM.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    04-15-13 11:33 AM
    Here here. technology is our destruction. People nowadays don't know how to do anything unless it's related to Facebook or Twitter or instagram. No soy even talks anymore. Everything is through social media and even then people has lost the intelligence of proper grammar.

I agree that the world needs a hard reset.

I couldn't agree more. sadly it will never happened. technology will be the death of the human race
    04-15-13 12:10 PM
    Its true. I saw terminator!!! Jk. I think there is too many simpletons on this planet and we need a "new" plague... Jk
    04-15-13 10:16 PM
    You guys do know that an EMP bomb would probably cause massive starvation all over the world, right?
    Everything we use in our lives, including cars, trucks, water filtration plants, heating. The malfunction of the electronics for the various nuclear power plants would cause an imminent meltdown.
    Etc etc etc
    You get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    04-15-13 10:37 PM
    You guys do know that an EMP bomb would probably cause massive starvation all over the world, right?
    Everything we use in our lives, including cars, trucks, water filtration plants, heating. The malfunction of the electronics for the various nuclear power plants would cause an imminent meltdown.
    Etc etc etc
    You get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    way to take an idea to the extreme lol. I obviously don't have the power to drop a emp bomb nor do they even exist. except for a tiny emp while a nuke isngoing off lol.

I was mearly stating the things we think make us productive make us productive to.a different standard then before.
    its the same as lower standerdised testing in schools, sure they all get 90s now itsncause theybexpect much less of them
    04-16-13 07:50 AM
    Etc etc etc
    You get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    I live on an island so I can fish for a living and ride my son's bicycle. Lol. I'd be happy with a small one to bring down the Internet would be fine with me.

04-16-13 01:57 PM
    I live on an island so I can fish for a living and ride my son's bicycle. Lol. I'd be happy with a small one to bring down the Internet would be fine with me.

Well, you would be the exception.
    Curious as to where you live.
    Where you get fresh water.

Indeed in the situation of a massive EMP bomb detonation, the least technologically inclined people, would be least affected

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:05 PM
    Ya know, I think of a small film from a few years back called "The Terminator". Prophetic? Perhaps.

Technology and computers are intertwined into our lives to the extent that it is near impossible to function on a daily basis without a computer, cell phone or some other sort of device.

Just wait till Skynet, (aka Apple) decides that humans aren't needed anymore. ;-)

Z10 Baby!
    04-16-13 10:50 PM
    Watch the movie "The Road" for a glimpse into an entire world society that has everything yanked from underneath it. Good movie.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_(2009_film)

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-16-13 11:08 PM
    Watch the movie "The Road" for a glimpse into an entire world society that has everything yanked from underneath it. Good movie.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_(2009_film)

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    I've seen it, decent film.
    04-17-13 06:01 AM
    I couldn't agree more. sadly it will never happened. technology will be the death of the human race

Somtimes I wish an EMP bomb would be dropped on the entire earth-img_00000116_edit.png

Something like this? Sorry get it from internet xD

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard, venious and 3hb78ftg like this.
    04-17-13 06:32 AM
    Well, you would be the exception.
    Curious as to where you live.
    Where you get fresh water.

Indeed in the situation of a massive EMP bomb detonation, the least technologically inclined people, would be least affected

Posted via CB10
    Puerto Rico. Fresh water would be no problem due to the amount of rain that we get every year and the natural springs.
    04-17-13 12:50 PM
    Lol, back in 2004, I had to upgrade my service to unlimited text messages because people I worked with didn't know how to call and actually talk on the phone anymore..
    I'd have to send them a message and tell them to just call me.

Now I do it on purpose and not out of spite. Figure if either one of us is driving, it will be safer.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:05 PM
    Dont worry, the North Koreans say they will be able to drop a nuclear warhead about 500 feet off their own coast. EMP blasts are a byproduct of Nuclear explosions. It will happen soon enough.
    04-18-13 10:00 AM
    Etc etc etc
    You get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying I'm one of them, but there are a lot of people who think that because the world is over populated there might need to be a restart like that, so to speak.
    04-18-13 11:42 AM
    I'm not saying I'm one of them, but there are a lot of people who think that because the world is over populated there might need to be a restart like that, so to speak.
    I'm not saying this is the way tongo but have any of you seen the show Jericho ?
    04-18-13 12:05 PM
    I'm not saying this is the way tongo but have any of you seen the show Jericho ?
    Who is tongo, and why are you talking to him in your post?
    04-18-13 12:10 PM
    to go, I hit n instead of space
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    04-18-13 12:25 PM
    Me, I'm Tongo! You don't like him talking to me?
    04-18-13 12:30 PM
    I've seen the ads for it but never watched the show. Makes you think a little.
    04-18-13 12:32 PM
    Me, I'm Tongo! You don't like him talking to me?
    thank you tongo geez the nerve of some people
    Eric Shapiro and middbrew like this.
    04-18-13 12:51 PM
    I've seen the ads for it but never watched the show. Makes you think a little.
    great post apoctoliptic shows with a large base in conspiracy
    04-18-13 12:52 PM
    great post apoctoliptic shows with a large base in conspiracy
    I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    04-18-13 02:15 PM