I wanna throw my PlayBook in the wall. Even with this new update, I keep getting notifications for emails when there are none. BBM notifications when there are none. Nothing new with update that actually does anything worthwhile for the PlayBook in day to day use. Seriously RIM, F you with this sh*t. I've been loyal for years, talking sh*t about Apple, not even giving Android the time of day. But I'm done... anyone else? What do we have to look forward to? Even if BB phones start running QNX, will it be just like the PlayBook? Needing constant updates to do what it still cant do?

F anyone that thinks this is the RIM we've counted on. I'm done.
    06-20-11 09:28 PM
    The door is over there.
    prebetsabu and lyricidal like this.
    06-20-11 09:35 PM
    can I have your playbook?
    06-20-11 09:37 PM
    Dang SmakBerry beat me to it.
    06-20-11 09:38 PM
    Nope, gonna sell it to some genius that thinks it'll end up doing what it was promised to do.
    06-20-11 09:45 PM
    Nope, gonna sell it to some genius that thinks it'll end up doing what it was promised to do.
    Please keep in mind that this is a BRAND NEW OS, and RIM has limited resources in comparison to other tablet companies. This means a rather long list of "to-do's" and a small amount of people to get it done. I am sure they are working as hard as they can to get this stuff pushed out.
    06-20-11 09:46 PM
    LOL well good luck with whatever else you decide works for you.
    06-20-11 09:47 PM
    Dude, how long have you been using things that run sophisticated software? The Tablet OS is version 1.0! You should know that 1.0 of anything isn't all that.
    06-20-11 09:50 PM
    I think you need a nice big ipad. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors
    06-20-11 09:52 PM
    Not sure if some of you are in agreement or not, but the argument of this is 1.0 is flat out dumb. This isn't 1.0 when it still doesnt do what was promised. I've been a BB lover for years... but I can't take garbage anymore. Software updates that happen often but bring little. None of the other big OS developers do this. I dont want to go with a competitor, but as a consumer (before being a fanboy) what else is there to do? When will this be the tablet we were promised. I love the size. I love the bridge "idea" but that doesn't work for sh*t. Someone prove me wrong, not with opinions but facts. I'd love to be proven wrong.
    06-20-11 09:56 PM
    This isnt a version 1.0 world though really. iOS is on version 5, WebOS is on 3 or 4 and android is on 3 technically. Its like bringing a sword to a gunfight, you are out gunned. RIM has to step it up big time.
    06-20-11 09:58 PM
    Smak - I'm not being an iPad until stuff really starts getting real. maybe iOS 5 does that, but I wont be convinced until it ACTUALLY comes out... just like a decent BB Tab OS. So far, not impressed either way with either platform. WE NEED PROOF. WE DESERVE PROOF. GET A CLUE everyone who is hiding behind their iPad, PB, or Xoom/Galaxy tab
    06-20-11 09:58 PM
    i like your comment, howermat. could it mean that its too little too late? i hope not. i think RIM can be a real competitor here but they continue to not answer the bell.
    trsbbs likes this.
    06-20-11 10:00 PM
    ...and don't forget to sit with all the soccer moms at the coffee shop with all their "pads". Today I went to an outdoor mall and saw two moms sitting at Starbucks with both their ipads on stands. Pretty funny...
    06-20-11 10:02 PM
    Not sure if some of you are in agreement or not, but the argument of this is 1.0 is flat out dumb. This isn't 1.0 when it still doesnt do what was promised. I've been a BB lover for years... but I can't take garbage anymore. Software updates that happen often but bring little. None of the other big OS developers do this. I dont want to go with a competitor, but as a consumer (before being a fanboy) what else is there to do? When will this be the tablet we were promised. I love the size. I love the bridge "idea" but that doesn't work for sh*t. Someone prove me wrong, not with opinions but facts. I'd love to be proven wrong.
    The best thing to do is vote with your wallet and let the free market sort out the problems
    06-20-11 10:06 PM
    I have a clue... many in fact. You are demanding everything out off this tablet KNOWING it's a brand new OS. I didn't expect miracles when I bought this thing, but I know it's capable of a lot more. Yes, RIM needs to step up their game, yes, they are behind in the times and yes, maybe if they would have released this when the Ipad was first released, then they would be much further ahead. But they didn't, I knew that and so did you. Things don't happen over night, updates take time and a lot of testing to ensure one fix isn't gunna mess up something else.
    Basically, if you can't be patient, sell it and reconsider the purchase later on or suck it up. Those are the options unfortunately.
    I've chosen to suck it up.
    semicoln likes this.
    06-20-11 10:06 PM
    This isnt a version 1.0 world though really. iOS is on version 5, WebOS is on 3 or 4 and android is on 3 technically. Its like bringing a sword to a gunfight, you are out gunned. RIM has to step it up big time.
    You are exactly right, this market isn't on version 1.0 but RIM for sure is (also I think calling Honeycomb version 3 is a bit inflated). It just shows how late to the game they are, and as you said, the only solution is to step it up big time.
    06-20-11 10:08 PM
    Smak - does that mean you are, in fact, hiding behind your PB. I only say that because to be a true consumer vs a fanboy means you're willing to admit that you might actually possess something that is inferior. I currently think I do (but thats only bc I was promised it'd be something more than it is at this point - if that means I'm foolish for listening to Co-CEOs then I'm happy to say I'm foolish, tell me this isnt an inferior OS as it stands with FOUR OS updates). Prove your point instead of just trying to pawn my PB.
    06-20-11 10:18 PM
    actually, if you'd really like to know... I'm on a really crappy netbook.
    I don't think my PB is inferior, I know that the things I personally need run really well.
    Not saying it's perfect, it's far from. But after all this time I think we all know that.
    Sure, the ipad and android have apps... apps I don't need or require I'll add, so I went with the playbook. I have it tethered and bridged all day, I get my emails, like I should, I can access the net when I need, I use my bbm some times (I can type faster on my phone), when I'm near wifi, I'm connected to that, I have books loaded into kobo that I read. Sure I've had to deal with the auto correct issue, but it's making me a little less lazy in not relying on it.
    So as far as that goes I'm still happy with my purchase and will continue to be.
    I don't have to hide behind anything, if I was truly upset, trust me, you'd know
    06-20-11 10:32 PM
    ...and don't forget to sit with all the soccer moms at the coffee shop with all their "pads". Today I went to an outdoor mall and saw two moms sitting at Starbucks with both their ipads on stands. Pretty funny...
    And what was so funny about two moms with ipads? Did I miss something in the translation.
    06-20-11 10:33 PM
    Smak - you look like the kind of girl who doesnt stand for being upset very long before you move on to the next thing. i appreciate that as a consumer of all things tech... i've had a couple iPads, some iPod touch's and a PlayBook. I love everything about the PB aside from the fact that I feel RIM is taking us die harder's for granted.. would you agree then that the PB (while it maybe compatible for you personally, isnt all it was promised commercially... and THAT is a problem) is just not up to OS snuff as other tabs on the market? only asking
    06-20-11 10:39 PM
    I actually tried out other tabs before I got this one. I found the xoom way laggy and washed out, the ipad, out of the question, it's too big and bulky.
    I've had iphones, nokias, ipods, and dozens of dumb phones. I have also had about a dozen berries, some terrible, some I love. I'll admit when something is downright terrible like the storm series for instance. The majority of the berries I have had, have worked for me flawless in every aspect in which I required including my current torch.
    As far as the playbook goes, it seems everyone is expecting this thing to have 100k apps and run fluid and smooth right out of the gate which obviously isn't going to happen. I still feel that in time this little machine will be able to do anything other tablets can.
    As I posted earlier, it already does everything I need it to do and then some.
    06-20-11 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD