I left out Dell, LG, And Kyrocia because they were too small.

You must be blind.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    04-07-11 09:35 AM
    I think they are similiar within the same form factor, but the style, storm and torch are very different indeed.
    04-07-11 10:47 AM
    It was locked for good reason: it was stupid!
    04-07-11 11:10 AM
    The overall look of RIM devices look the same to me. Just like all the HTC devices. Out of all the touchscreen devices, the Moto lineup look the most diverse to me.
    04-07-11 11:14 AM
    LMAO! I want to see this utter nonsense you speak of...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Who would have guess that a Bold 9650 would look similar to the 9700. I almost died when I saw that 9780 looked so similar to the 9700 too.

What is RIM thinking????
    Deathcommand likes this.
    04-07-11 11:18 AM
    In before lock, as well. I never thought that similar desings/form factors was a bad thing. It leads to brand/device recognition which, IMHO, is a good thing!
    04-07-11 11:21 AM
    I never thought that similar desings/form factors was a bad thing. It leads to brand/device recognition which, IMHO, is a good thing!
    This was my point in the previous thread. People who are BlackBerry loyalists love the design. Change it too much and you could loose these people.
    04-07-11 11:26 AM
    In before lock, as well. I never thought that similar desings/form factors was a bad thing. It leads to brand/device recognition which, IMHO, is a good thing!
    +1, especially when that form factor is one of the brand's more distinguishable differentiators.

This was my point in the previous thread. People who are BlackBerry loyalists love the design. Change it too much and you could loose these people.
    Absolutely. I'm one of those, and the physical keyboard is one of the biggest reasons.
    04-07-11 12:25 PM
    blackberrys look like bbs and a Porsche looks like a Porsche
    BB even offer many of the phones in different colors, not much of a argument here and I can see why the other one was locked. Maybe they should put the keyboard on the back to make more room for the screen

And as stated by many bb has a very wide assortment of designs
    04-07-11 12:51 PM
    +1, especially when that form factor is one of the brand's more distinguishable differentiators.
    The one thing I couldn't stand when I had my Samsung Vibrant was how much it looked like an iPhone 3GS. Not that iPhones are bad looking, I just felt weird holding a pretty blatant copy of that hardware. I know there are only so many ways to design a touch screen device, but still. The bad thing is that I'm REALLY looking into the Galaxy S2, & it looks pretty much the same as the first gen Galaxy S.
    04-07-11 01:21 PM
    The bad thing is that I'm REALLY looking into the Galaxy S2, & it looks pretty much the same as the first gen Galaxy S.
    Well, is that really a bad thing? What's more important is, how does it run compared to the S? Reviews say it could be a T-bold killer.
    04-07-11 02:53 PM
    Well, is that really a bad thing? What's more important is, how does it run compared to the S? Reviews say it could be a T-bold killer.
    Oh I'm sure it's going to be an absolute beast of a phone. I just don't really care much for the Galaxy S hardware or TouchWiz. I greatly prefer the look of HTC devices & HTC Sense.
    04-07-11 02:54 PM
    All Coke bottles look pretty much the same too.

04-07-11 03:07 PM
    GIANT PIC REMOVED

I left out Dell, LG, And Kyrocia because they were too small.

You must be blind.

Listen man. You compare several different Blackberry types of cellphones (touch, qwerty, normal candybar), while you only compare one type of cellphones for the other brands (like only touch for HTC).

The matter of fact is that all Blackberries past the 83XX are extremely similar. Most people who have no knowledge of Blackberries won't even tell the difference. When it comes to product similarity RIM is almost as bad as Apple.
    04-07-11 04:59 PM
    Listen man. You compare several different Blackberry types of cellphones (touch, qwerty, normal candybar), while you only compare one type of cellphones for the other brands (like only touch for HTC).

The matter of fact is that all Blackberries past the 83XX are extremely similar. Most people who have no knowledge of Blackberries won't even tell the difference. When it comes to product similarity RIM is almost as bad as Apple.
    I am so glad you joined this site. I needed some good entertainment today! Haha.

But he did compare more than just one style with the other manufacturers. The problem is the others do more of the touchscreen than any other kind. Just like with the bb the bold is the more prevalent one. And yes the 9650 and the 9700 would look the same seeing as how they are basically THE SAME PHONE!! One is just CDMA and the other is GSM.
    04-07-11 05:13 PM

I can tell you that of all of the android phones, there are only a few..
    Full touch,
    Touch with a vertical Keyboard,
    Touch with a horizontal keyboard,
    Dual screen.

The end.
    Thats all.
    nothing more.

Lets look at iphone.
    touch with 4 buttons.
    on all of them.

Not special.

Come and get me buddy.

EDIT: Oh yeah. And i highly doubt you can't tell a Torch and a Style apart.
    Or a Pearl and a Storm.
    Maybe a Bold and Curve, but if i held both a Droid 1 And 2 in front of you could you tell?

(Droid 2 Arrows looks like a computer's, the Droid one is more like a phone's.(And its brass. ))
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 04-07-11 at 05:42 PM.
    04-07-11 05:32 PM
    Thread cleaned of argumentative nonsense.
    Please stop feeding the trolls guys...
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    04-07-11 05:59 PM
    Haha! Trolls make me laugh.

04-08-11 07:03 AM
    Please stop feeding the trolls guys...
    LOL, I like this. There should be a banner placed at the top of the forum that states "Don't feed the trolls!"
    04-08-11 07:44 AM
    LOL, I like this. There should be a banner placed at the top of the forum that states "Don't feed the trolls!"
    Fed trolls should get a complimentary permanent ban too!
    04-08-11 08:13 AM
    HTC and Samsung don't kid about their form factors. Their phones are meant to look the same, and they are only customized for different carriers. However, if you seriously think an Epic 4G and Captivate are the same or even similar form factor, then I dunno what to say.

The Aria is a 3.2" device, the Evo is a 4.3" device.

The thing about Blackberries that frustrate some people is that they have different devices all with the same form factor on the same carrier.

Pearls, Bolds, Tours, and Curves are just as similar as an Aria to an Evo and typically have have 3 of them all on the same carrier. They all run basically the same software with largely the same capabilities. There are no perks to choose one over the other, for hte most part. In some cases the specs are largely the same as well (Curve 9330, Bold 9650 - just the Camera and Screen res is different enough for a consumer to think about).

I think part of the reason why the storm (before people found out it was crap) and the Torch (it's decent) were raved about so much is because they are the only phones that don't look like everything else RIM puts out.

Same for the style, but I throw up a little whenever I see a flip phone...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-08-11 08:44 PM
    I can tell you that of all of the android phones, there are only a few..
    Full touch,
    Touch with a vertical Keyboard,
    Touch with a horizontal keyboard,
    Dual screen.

The end.
    Thats all.
    nothing more.

Lets look at iphone.
    touch with 4 buttons.
    on all of them.

Not special.

Come and get me buddy.

EDIT: Oh yeah. And i highly doubt you can't tell a Torch and a Style apart.
    Or a Pearl and a Storm.
    Maybe a Bold and Curve, but if i held both a Droid 1 And 2 in front of you could you tell?

(Droid 2 Arrows looks like a computer's, the Droid one is more like a phone's.(And its brass. ))
    There are also QWERTY style Andorid phones, and the Droid Pro wasn't the first (nor will it be the last).
    04-08-11 08:47 PM
    Well played Hans. Well played indeed.
    04-09-11 06:42 PM
    Well played Hans. Well played indeed.
    +1 :P

Anyway, I think that people are only thinking about the Curve and Bold designs. In general, BlackBerries have quite a bit of visual variety, though not nearly as much as other developers.

04-10-11 07:26 AM
    I second that: "Don't Feed The Trolls"
    04-11-11 12:58 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD