Jamie Foxx said he had a Louie V macbook case. I wonder if that's it. Kanye has a Louie backpack and I like it. I've seen other guys with them too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 02:34 AM
    exactly! This is where im going, so what if a guy has some class, i think wearing some dior shades, having a Louis and driving a Beemer just shows Class and that a guy cares about his personal appearance not whether or not hes gay. I guess gay men just know how to dress well. lol
    02-19-09 10:52 AM
    Are you sure they're calling you gay, or are they just calling your bag gay?
    It's a flamboyant, attention-grabbing item, that many men wouldn't use, hence gay is an easy way of identifying it's/you're different.
    If they said "ooh I I love your bag, that's different!" Then they'd probably sound pretty gay.

02-19-09 11:44 AM
    I don't know people. I do agree that straight men that carry those purses look a little ridiculous.

A gay man can get away with that. Because its a bit feminine (sp?) and it actually does look good for them to carry it.

But a straight man? No way in hellll. Its too feminine. Ditch the bag.

Its just the way things are. Gay men can get away with things that straight men can't and that's just fact.

If you want to test this out. If your straight go up to a woman with great big breast and chat her up about how "fierce" she is and ask if her breast are real. When she answers ask if you can touch them. See what happens. Probobly get called a pig and told to get lost.

Flip this scenario around now and the gay man will get to touch them. 9x out of 10.

Let's not forget and let's be completely honest here. Most straight men have no fashion sense AT ALL. So them saying you look "gay"
    means your too damnn fashionable for a straight man tone it down.

I'm not being mean so don't take this wrong. But I HIGHLY doubt that bag is a chick magnet
    . Most women I know roll their eyes at them.

Last edited by cereal killer; 02-19-09 at 02:08 PM.
    02-19-09 01:56 PM
    I pride myself on dressing well and presenting a good, positive image. I don't personally like the bag (as said before it does attract a lot of attention and maybe just a shade feminine) but if you like it, who cares, right?

I figure that if it wasn't so flashy, most wouldn't notice or make comment. But, if you're going to wear a target, expect people to shoot. Just my opinion.

P.S. I'm gay for Bob Saget and Justin Timberlake...
    02-19-09 02:12 PM
    I don't think there's anything wrong with having that.I'm gay and carry a man bag (murse). My straight roommate carries a bag too. Its just easier to carry crap if you have something to carry it in!
    02-19-09 04:12 PM
    exactly! This is where im going, so what if a guy has some class, i think wearing some dior shades, having a Louis and driving a Beemer just shows Class and that a guy cares about his personal appearance not whether or not hes gay. I guess gay men just know how to dress well. lol
    I agreed with you up to here. the above does not show class, it shows:

a. you have money
    b. you are a name *****
    c. you dont have money and are overextended on all your credit cards

Class is not about what name brand things you have, it is how you carry yourself. I have seen many classless rich people with name brand stuff(insert----Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian here) as I have seen many poor people with class.
    02-19-09 05:28 PM
    Good point, envied.
    02-19-09 05:34 PM
    Class is not about what name brand things you have, it is how you carry yourself. I have seen many classless rich people with name brand stuff(insert----Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian here) as I have seen many poor people with class.
    Well said!

Now on to that bag. While I have no objection to men carrying or wearing
    designer labels (I am a big fan of anything Perry Ellis) that bag really does look
    more geared to women.

A man's briefcase should be simple (lose the LV logos), and the right size. That
    one is neither.
    02-19-09 06:16 PM
    Just for the record, I'm a straight heterosexual guy and am very sure of myself. But once a week I put on that face "masque" to help open up my pores. I'm not ashamed to admit it. My sister sells all that face lotion, soap crap that girls use so I might as well. I like to be clean, and I like my face to look clear.
    02-19-09 06:41 PM
    i quite frankly think we are too caught up in what is girly and what is not. Bottom line is this----if you like it DO IT!!!!!! if you don't DONT JUDGE!!!
    02-19-09 06:44 PM
    i quite frankly think we are too caught up in what is girly and what is not. Bottom line is this----if you like it DO IT!!!!!! if you don't DONT JUDGE!!!
    Again, I agree, but for the record I never said the bag was "girly" just that it
    is sized and adorned more for a females tastes. That is my opinion, and as I
    have said over and over again, my opinion should not influence or change
    anyone elses. Every person dropping coin on anything should get what they
    want and what appeals to them
    02-19-09 06:52 PM
    Does your boy friend think that bag makes you look gay?

02-19-09 07:02 PM
    Again, I agree, but for the record I never said the bag was "girly" just that it
    is sized and adorned more for a females tastes. That is my opinion, and as I
    have said over and over again, my opinion should not influence or change
    anyone elses. Every person dropping coin on anything should get what they
    want and what appeals to them
    I was not talking about you directly, I meant girly overall. And you are correct, it should not sway anyone's opinion.
    02-19-09 07:35 PM
    Does your boy friend think that bag makes you look gay?

It seems like this is the "coming out" thread LULZ

I agree real rich peepz don't wear their money on their sleeves. Just the nouveau rich, or the indebted.
    02-19-09 09:56 PM
    Come on let's not dance around the issue. The bag is "girly", it is what it is.

How many guys do you see carrying around "blinged" out phones? Isn't that considered "girly" as well?

02-20-09 12:36 PM
    People too often mesh and blur the words 'judge' and 'opinions' into the same blanket; when in actuality they're different.

I don't think most of us are 'too caught up' in what is 'girly' and what is not. Most of us are simply sharing our opinions. My opinion on the LV bag is that it is a bit flashy and has more of a feminine-like appeal to it; however it is more flashy than anything.

The original poster mentioned something such as LV, BMW, etc...as being representative of 'class". Those things are only indicative of such an image if the person ascribes to the notion that those items truly represent 'class'. That is what the human-marketers of these human-made products want humans to feel.

For me; I've seen one too many indistinguishable knockoff/genuine LV-bag on the streets (canal street in NYC for example) to even want to purchase a LV-item even if I knew it was the real deal straight from the LV showroom.
    02-20-09 01:53 PM
    ^strange I can't tell the difference either but women who know designer bags etc can spot them easily.

02-20-09 03:46 PM
    well the other day, after much thinking, i decided to get a Louis Vuitton briefcase. (its defiantly a Chick Magnet) but anyways. there are a lot of Guys now calling me ***, and Homo. So now i think i understand how the Gay community feels, it kind of hurts to be called those names. I dont think its gay, i work in an upper scale part of Town (La Jolla San Diego) So i dont see what the big deal is lol. Its not like i live out in the Sticks in the middle of nowhere's lol. What do yall think?
    Um...last I checked, the only thing that makes a person gay is their physical attraction to the persons of the same sex and not for the persons of the opposite sex. I don't think getting a designer briefcase fits in the definition of gay.
    02-20-09 04:12 PM
    I Find it Funny that Fashion, and Human Beings as WHOLE are becoming much more "Androgenous" Whether We Would Like to Admit to it or not-

Male, Female- Gender Boundaries Are Being Blurred-

Albeit, not to the extreme, but the boundaries ARE being Blurred.
    02-20-09 06:03 PM
    I Find it Funny that Fashion, and Human Beings as WHOLE are becoming much more "Androgenous" Whether We Would Like to Admit to it or not-

Male, Female- Gender Boundaries Are Being Blurred-

Albeit, not to the extreme, but the boundaries ARE being Blurred.
    Prada, I could not disagree more. and again this is not meant to be a knock
    against anyones orientation, but real men will always be real men and carry
    themselves as such. There is only a "blurring of the lines" in the minds of those
    that want societal hegemony.
    02-20-09 06:53 PM
    i totally agree with you...i mean, i like to look good, and be classy...and i'm not gay...no i don't drive a beemer, but it's like prada said. " i rather be looking good and labeled gay, than to look ugly, not presentable and be straight....or something like that... i'm not gay, and i dress to impress...and the bag is very nice...
    02-20-09 11:06 PM
    Prada, I could not disagree more. and again this is not meant to be a knock
    against anyones orientation, but real men will always be real men and carry
    themselves as such. There is only a "blurring of the lines" in the minds of those
    that want societal hegemony.
    No, I don't have some strange Gay-Wish Fulfillment Agenda, If That's What Your Hinting at

But I Don't Know Exactly What You Mean By "Societal Hegemony"...

I don't know your age group- But with the new generations it's acceptable for guys to enjoy shopping-

It's acceptable for guys to wax themselves, put gel in their hair, use artificial sun tanners-

On That Same Note, its okay for girls to wear plaid

All without raising an eyebrow.

Male Models Are Becoming Much More Feminine in Appearance-

It Has Been Scientifically Proven that Women Find Men With Slightly Feminine Facial Appearances to Be More Attracitve.

No Longer is this Buff Macho Characteristic Necessary in a technological world.

We no longer need the muscle power of the lumber jack- But we do need the intellect of the computer analyst.

No Longer Do the Majority of Women Seek Out Men for their Farming Skills, but for the potential of being a good father.

Testosterone is Becoming Archaic, in the Tech World.

BBC NEWS | UK | Feminine males 'more attractive'
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 02-21-09 at 10:40 AM.
    02-21-09 10:28 AM
    I have read about a similar study which described certain 'more masculine' features in males that women view as being more of a well-suited 'father type' for children...such as the way the forehead/browline/jaw/cheekbone are shaped. Conversely there was an outline of 'more feminine' features in males that women view in a lustful manner; males that the women view in a fling/one night stand/affair-kind of way.

Aside from the arguments towards the validity of these studies or not...I think the whole concept of a 'blurring of the gender-roles/lines' is being ascribed to a bit more aggressively and unrealistically than reality as a whole plays out.
    02-21-09 11:38 AM
    Who gives a s*** what they think! If you're secure in your manhood, then use the briefcase! Now, if that thing had a long shoulder strap then you might want to rethink your purchase. LOL.

02-21-09 11:50 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD