Well I used to work at a lil mom and pop cell phone repair store and we had alot of customers ask for specific Nokia phones, and i didnt think much about it. Well Now that ive moved to San Diego Ca, It seems like its a crime to not sell them. Every single time i go to bestbuy or a major retail cell phone store, theres always a foreign person, either from the Middle east or Asia, who ask for one and then if the store doesnt sell them, they get pissed and dont understand. Whats the big deal? I must admit that nokia does have some really nice phones, but why are these foreign people going crazy over them?
    01-19-09 07:05 PM
    Nokia is a very reputable cell phone brand in Other Countries.

Unfortunately we don't feel the full force of it since the majority of their cell phones are not released here.

Don't ask me why though-
    01-21-09 01:34 PM
    They're the biggest mobile-phone manufacturer in the world. I've been a huge fan for many years...the products are top quality!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 04:36 PM
    Being Asian myself, I never got upset when a Nokia phone wasn't unlocked (because there are ways to unlock it).
    But as far as people wanting them, it's because a lot of people use them as a fashion accessory. Some carriers only allow certain models and that person who wants it might be with another carrier. I myself had several Nokia phones before my BlackBerry days. I'd purchase them over the web, some models not available in the states or limited carriers, and switch my SIM card out with whichever I felt like using at that time.
    Not everyone is too into their phone for what it can do, but merely what it looks like.
    01-21-09 06:18 PM
    every nokia I've ever owned, save for the horribly slow 6120, have been the most reliable phones ever. don't really have many to choose from in the states, but in other parts of the world (Europe especially), they're big hits. and for a good reason too.
    01-22-09 01:50 AM
    Well for whats it worth, i thought id give nokia a shot, i just ordered my Nokia E63 Red and it came today and my oh my i have been missing out, I May have found a new love, this symbian is amaizing, Email so far sucks, but there are SO many features i would of never dreamed a phone of doing!!
    01-22-09 02:49 AM
    Nokia e71 FTW lol
    01-22-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD