I thought that said "fist crush" at first. Sounds like a monster truck.
    02-04-10 11:39 AM
    LOL whatz wrong with two tech guyz chatting? >.>
    02-04-10 08:15 PM
    Awwwww, don't take it like that. You two were cute last night.
    02-04-10 08:53 PM
    o.o

People are strange.
    02-04-10 08:55 PM
    I remember back when I was in school. I didn't have a cool smartphone, since it was over a decade ago so I had to resort to playing tetris on the graphing calculator I had. Dang kids these days are so spoiled. Surfin' the net during class...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 08:58 PM
    yes strange...
    02-06-10 02:39 PM
    That was not the message I intended, but it does raise some interesting discussion points.

Students have cell phones because, it is important to stay connected. Responsible use mean shutting them off in class to avoid distractions. Texting defeats the purpose, but so did passing notes in my day.

Students have phone, because kids these days, feel it is a necessary asset too their life. If we were too say someone was irresponsible, based on the fact that they use their phone during class, that would be 99.9% of the student population.

Well, I'll claim I was irresponsible. I would text during class, pass notes, throw things across the room and do sign language with my brother. But hey, I made it through school fine. Then again, I'm pretty sure I was smarter than every teacher I've ever had. But when it comes down too it, I think it has too do with who actually owns the phone - and whether or not they are a person who can still do well in school with this so called "distraction."

As for the crazy person insulting, grow up.
    02-06-10 06:09 PM
    I remember back when I was in school. I didn't have a cool smartphone, since it was over a decade ago so I had to resort to playing tetris on the graphing calculator I had. Dang kids these days are so spoiled. Surfin' the net during class...

I don't necessarily believe it makes them spoiled. Once again, it depends on who it is. And I know what it's like too play Tetris on the graphing calculator, I loved those days. Elementary though. So what if they're surfing the net during class. If it effects whether or not they fail or succeed, it's on them. I can't count on 1 hand how many teachers/professors I had enough respect for too pay full attention - sometimes a simple game on the phone helps keep your sanity from a "Ferris Bueller" type professor.
    02-06-10 06:14 PM
    PS: Mando, I won't let your girl know about your secret love alright man
    02-06-10 06:21 PM
    ^^ Oh yes.

It's strictly business though. xP

haha
    02-06-10 06:53 PM
    I don't necessarily believe it makes them spoiled. Once again, it depends on who it is. And I know what it's like too play Tetris on the graphing calculator, I loved those days. Elementary though. So what if they're surfing the net during class. If it effects whether or not they fail or succeed, it's on them. I can't count on 1 hand how many teachers/professors I had enough respect for too pay full attention - sometimes a simple game on the phone helps keep your sanity from a "Ferris Bueller" type professor.
    Was just being the crotchety "old" man. You young whippersnappers don't know how easy you have it these days. Why back in my day we had to play tetris on our calculators while walking 20 miles one way to school uphill both ways through 6' deep snow drifts without the benefit of shoes.

Haha. I wouldve loved to have the internet available as a distraction from class. Wouldve helped me learn better since I've a short attention span and concentrate better with a few distractions.

02-06-10 11:25 PM
    Was just being the crotchety "old" man. You young whippersnappers don't know how easy you have it these days. Why back in my day we had to play tetris on our calculators while walking 20 miles one way to school uphill both ways through 6' deep snow drifts without the benefit of shoes.

Haha. I wouldve loved to have the internet available as a distraction from class. Wouldve helped me learn better since I've a short attention span and concentrate better with a few distractions.

All we had was:

02-06-10 11:29 PM
    ^^

Those things are awesome.
    02-06-10 11:31 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD