I've exhausted almost every other avenue and I'm coming here for some PC help because the community here has been awesome.

I had to reinstall XP on my HP a1250n Pavilion Desktop. I reinstalled and updated all drivers and Direct X. I installed and uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card but I am having the same problem.

All my media from iTunes and any streaming Video or Audio plays like its being fast forwarded. It skips and plays incredibly fast...except YouTube. While playing CD's the problem doesn't happen...

Anyone...please, can you help? I have all the updates from HP and Microsoft installed.

I'm at my wits end...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 09:24 PM
    I had this exact problem!!
    10-31-10 11:01 PM
    And what did you do? I've tried everything I can think of. I've Googled till I can't Google anymore. I've emailed 3 IT Senior Managers and their working on the problem (friends and family) but they're stumped.

10-31-10 11:13 PM
    I think you need to do a complete clean install. Backup ALL itunes music, and everything else you downloaded (all media, pictures, NOT exe files) to an external drive or DVD.

Then use the factory restore option seen in the bios of the computer.

If you have some knowledge of Linux, try ubuntu instead. It comes with a music store within rhythmic box, the ipod-compatible media suite and has free music. It's clearly better than windows and it's free as in free beer.

11-01-10 03:54 AM
    Did all this but the Linux... Not going to change OS's.

11-01-10 07:38 AM
    Did all this but the Linux... Not going to change OS's.

Since most computer units are BIOS based, you can dual boot. Meaning portion one section of the hard drive to windows and one to linux.

And with using WINE you can use your Windows programs on Linux...

But i understand where you are coming from. But it is an option.

11-01-10 09:59 AM

All my media from iTunes and any streaming Video or Audio plays like its being fast forwarded

Where you streaming your audio and video from? What browser?

Have you tried another browser?

I'm trying to understand what you're saying. You're saying any streaming site BESIDES YouTube gives you this problem?
    11-01-10 10:16 AM
    All streaming sites, all media, even when I put a cd into the disc player. Youtube seems unaffected...I have no idea what the issue is. Even when I play music from Yahoo Music it plays really fast and it stutters.

11-01-10 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD