............. why all the hype ?

I played around with my buddy's iphone 4s today and i gotta say, i was not impressed. Why do people line up for days on end just to buy these things ? I went into this with a clear mind. I thought "Let's see what it's all about". I gotta say, i like the os7 phones a lot more. Call me crazy but i like the latest BB phones more than the iphone. Why people follow apple like zombies is beyond me. But to those apple people I'm just an average schmo with a BlackBerry.
    12-21-11 08:54 PM
    Apps, thats most of it.
    12-21-11 09:07 PM
    I have to agree. The iphone is a nice phone. No denying that - great screen, smooth, and predictable. But at this point - that is pretty much it. Its got alot of apps which don't matter to me (I am not a gamer) and I really can't type on it.

My 9810 has it's issues (still hangs for 15 secs, here and there) and it is not all animated the same way that an iphone is (it is remarkable how the average joe thinks that makes a better phone) - but it does everything that I want really well and i can do it all super quickly.

I wish however, that my 9810 had a larger screen (no change in form factor - just push the screen to the edges) and got rid of those occasional hangs. Well - ok - Netflix also. Would really like that.
    stevepar likes this.
    12-21-11 09:10 PM
    You have only just held an iphone ??? I have never owned one but have had the misfortune of playing with a couple.

Blackberrys all the way. I don't hate iphones, they just seem a pain to use as an all touch device.

The sheeple who line up for aeons have sucumb to the masses.

I'd have one for free as a second phone though.
    12-21-11 09:14 PM
    I like the apps and games for the iPhone....so I bought an iPod. My 9810 is for the important stuff. My iPod is for music and games (although I do that with my 9810 as well).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    12-22-11 09:50 PM
    To be honest I got more of a thrill when I picked up the 9930 for the first time,
    12-22-11 09:59 PM
    wow lol
    I came from the iphone family to The Rimpire.
    Still keep my ipod for games. Use my BB for everything else
    its great,quick,convenient, and gets things done quick
    and of course I love the slider and keyboard.
    12-22-11 10:04 PM
    Apps, thats most of it.
    Yep, tons of Finance/stock market apps, the browser, mp3 player and the awesome camera. Oh, and last but the way it handles my email.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    12-22-11 10:10 PM
    I don't understand the willingness to overpay for the iphone. Got my Torch for $50, and I was mad when it was offered for free around black Fri. I guess I'm just not hemorrhaging money like iphone/ipad users. Us BB/PB users are poor.
    12-23-11 07:00 AM
    Different phones work for different people!

12-23-11 10:36 AM
    I am amazed at how judgmental some of you are because someone chooses a different OS than the one you like. It all comes down to personal preference. One user is not better or worse than another user. They make different phones and operating systems because not one person uses their phone the same as anyone else. I love my iPhone. I love my Blackberry. I also love my android.
    12-23-11 03:33 PM
    ............. why all the hype ?

I played around with my buddy's iphone 4s today and i gotta say, i was not impressed. Why do people line up for days on end just to buy these things ? I went into this with a clear mind. I thought "Let's see what it's all about". I gotta say, i like the os7 phones a lot more. Call me crazy but i like the latest BB phones more than the iphone. Why people follow apple like zombies is beyond me. But to those apple people I'm just an average schmo with a BlackBerry.
    with the app store, the sky is almost the limit.

banking, new games, shopping etc..
    you name it, and there is probably an app for it. correction, it should be appS and thus it's easier and more possible to find one that you like and suits you.

bb's keyboard etc fall under preference and usability.

in terms of usefulness, the appstore makes an ios device A LOT more useful than a blackberry imo.

let's not even begin to talk about blackberry's app world.
    12-23-11 03:49 PM
    I've had more than one Iphone. All the apps were great. At first. Then the novelty wore off. And all that was left, for me, was just another smart phone with no physical keyboard. I am finding all those types of smart phones boring now. They are all the same to me. That is probably why I am looking at Blackberry now. I will own one soon.
    01-08-12 11:54 AM
    The only thing it offers over the BB to me is the app store. and i wont lie, it enticed me away.. But after you thrown a birds a few times and bounced bullets at zombies you realize it is supposed to be a PHONE first and foremost..

And as a communications device it is not on par with the BlackBerry.. IMHO

Others will say different. But i really don't care what they think as it has absolutely zero bearing on my choice. As i am sure mine does not theirs.
    05-26-12 11:22 PM
    I was in our garden of eden with the wife when she pulled on off our apple tree and her and I played with it
    Now GOD IS PISSED at us. I didn't think it was that big of a deal what could possibly go wrong over the next couple thousand years?
    05-26-12 11:27 PM
    What I find rather funny... I bought a Ipod touch a year or so ago... and since then I simply cannot justify going back to an Iphone... Outside of Suri (which I personally find a waste of time) .... the Ipod does everything an Iphone does plus where I live you have no unlimited data plans for Apple unlike my trusty BB.....

I echo some of the other posts that I have had many folks in my town who bought an Ipone and for them at least the novelity does indeed wear off..... Yes tons of apps... but really how many can you really use and how many can the device hold... remembering if you use the Iphone for pictures or music you resources start to dwindle quickly..... you can run out of storage pretty quick....

As far as users... I find no need to criticize people's choices..... if it works for them great.....
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 05-26-12 at 11:43 PM.
    05-26-12 11:40 PM
    Before I continue, let me state that I'm a BB lover and supporter.

I have a company issued iPhone and my personal 9860. Honestly, the iPhone is so much more fun compared to the 9860. Fun in terms of games and entertainment. Honestly, the rendering of games on the iPhone is so good.

But when it comes to work, I use my BB more, that is where BB has its strength.
    06-15-12 07:54 PM
    I have a broken-almost-not-working curve, and I have tried the "IOS experience" with my cousin's iPhone 4, and I don't see anything, really anything, in that piece of over-priced glass, that I can't do on my curve, sure, it's faster at browsing and it has a lot of apps... but I only use about 10 apps, and all of then are on BlackBerry, so that's not an issue for me. I like to take photos, but like anyone who actually likes to take really good ones, I find cell phone cameras to be useless, so the "wonderful camera of the iPhone" is as useless to me as the one on my curve, but again, that's me. In the end it all comes down to what it works best for you.
    06-15-12 09:23 PM
    I got an ipod and that solves my angry bird issues
    I cant really type on it though
    06-19-12 01:59 PM
    Different phones work for different people!

Click to view quoted image
    totally agreed , love both bb and iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 02:10 PM
    I actually made the switch to iphone recently, after spending yrs with rim. I have not encountered yet failing to get stuff done like I did on a bb. Love the apps and the UI. I was just ready for something new (fmr windows phone user prior to rim) and since I have had a mac for a 18mths, I figured why not convert the phone too. I believe in bb 10 and think rim will be just fine. But for me apple is it these days.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 02:32 PM
    I think you'd really need to use iOS for some time to get an accurate idea of it. I really did not truly appreciate my BlackBerry until I had had one a while and came to know all "ins and outs". I mean fair is fair.
    06-19-12 02:36 PM
    I've become attached to both Android and now BB but I'm just not taking to Apples iOS.
    I love their MP3 players but in terms of a phone, They don't fit my needs.

It's just too painfully obvious that they no longer sell competitive products. For me It's overpriced, too simplistic and they haven't truly kept up in the hardware department. With quad cores and new Os's popping up everywhere, What are they doing?

I don't have anything against Apple users but I find the way people seem to flock to buy their products kinda cult like.

When asking people why they want an iPhone they generally say "Because it's an iPhone." Instead of "It's dual core, has a great camera resolution, and has an easy to navigate OS." Ask them what the difference is between the iPhone 4 and 4s, Most will say they either don't know or something silly like "The cloud".

There was a great innovation started with iOS but now they are just milking an outdated idea...

When asking why their products have the same hardware as other companies yet their products cost double, No one can really give me a justifiable explanation.

My bad. I went all vent like on your thread. LOL!
    Last edited by Septembersrain912; 06-21-12 at 08:51 AM.
    06-21-12 08:44 AM