https://twitter.com/#!/boygenius/sta...74302960541696

Good for them, they have way too many trolls on that site.
    02-02-12 11:00 AM
    The comments were fun.
    02-02-12 11:08 AM
    I never read them to begin with because its just a place for people to pretty much say anything they want. Pure bash fest. I dont think it will change the way people on here feel about him but I do think they are trying to make it a better site by doing it.
    02-02-12 11:10 AM
    With Kevin getting a leg up from Hein's, I would clean house as well. A good rep goes a long way for getting good insider info.
    02-02-12 11:19 AM
    CrackBerry is not in competition with BGR. Mobile nations would be more of a direct competitor.

BGR's comments kept page views very high, I am sure they will be back. This seems to be more of a "time out" type situation.
    02-02-12 11:22 AM
    Im sure that poster that goes by the name of RIMFAIL is crying
    02-02-12 11:26 AM
    I read this article from BGR yesterday... Commenting on BGR.

I think it would have been better to just start swinging the ban-hammer myself. More work perhaps, but imho much better than the last paragraph that reads a bit unprofessional with it's ranting.
    02-02-12 11:41 AM
    The BB rapper will need to find a new home.....He made my day lol......Muh burry
    02-02-12 12:11 PM
    This info and 1.00 will do what for us? Buy a cup of coffee?
    diegonei and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-02-12 12:29 PM

No, you need $4.50 for that...
    pkcable and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-02-12 12:32 PM
    I used to laugh at those comments... crap!
    02-02-12 12:35 PM
    I never read them to begin with because its just a place for people to pretty much say anything they want. Pure bash fest. I dont think it will change the way people on here feel about him but I do think they are trying to make it a better site by doing it.
    I think it might a little. I think some the post here about BGR are fueled by the comment section there, if people want to it admit it or not. Personally I always got a laugh out of them.

Feel bad for Scroat he's got nothing to do all day now... true story
    02-02-12 12:36 PM
    I can't help but feel partially responsible....the day before this happened was the leak of the london, and the first time I commented on a BGR article.

Something about it being Geller's shortest post ever on RIM because it was actually good news, he had nothing to say other than he was right a preproduction phone design changed over 4 months.

There may have also been a shot about Geller winning an auction on a deceased CEO's genitals, because theres no other way he could still spend every day on his knees blowing said deceased CEO's genitalia.

On the bright side I came full circle and used that, and the subsequent two pages of rambling on with scroat, papynic(?) and some other troll to illustrate the garbage their comment section has become. Maybe the shot at Gellers love for Jobs was too much for him to handle
    02-02-12 12:37 PM
    Guess they finally got enough complaints that they were force into action.

Maybe with further efforts they've start having some journalistic integrity and stop with the rumors/bashing pieces against RIM.
    02-02-12 12:38 PM
    ISomething about it being Geller's shortest post ever on RIM because it was actually good news, he had nothing to say other than he was right a preproduction phone design changed over 4 months.
    What exactly is good about a design leak?
    02-02-12 01:37 PM
    $1.00, for a cup o' joe; where, at your local Salvation Army?
    02-02-12 01:40 PM
    What exactly is good about a design leak?
    Possibly that the phone looks like something consumers actually want. It looks damn good, you can see the larger than normal (for a BB) screen, the front facing camera, and what appears to be the slimmest phone that will be on the market (if not on par with the slimmest). I'd say those were good things.

Its good to see BB going in a new direction and having an appealing product leak creates some excitement.

Pretty sure the apple fans all jizzed when BGR leaked the camera sensor for the 4s...and if a camera sensor counts as news, then a whole phone is definitely bigger news.
    02-02-12 01:46 PM
    Possibly that the phone looks like something consumers actually want. It looks damn good, you can see the larger than normal (for a BB) screen, the front facing camera, and what appears to be the slimmest phone that will be on the market (if not on par with the slimmest). I'd say those were good things.

Its good to see BB going in a new direction and having an appealing product leak creates some excitement.

Pretty sure the apple fans all jizzed when BGR leaked the camera sensor for the 4s...and if a camera sensor counts as news, then a whole phone is definitely bigger news.
    So, because of this design leak, you have concluded that...

1. Blackberry will have the slimmest phone on the market in 8 months, or whenever this thing launches, (I didn't know you had a crystal ball).
    2. This is a design consumers want (I guess you concluded this by the demand for iphones and droids since it sports a similar design)
    3. The company has changed and is going in a new direction.

That is one powerful picture.
    02-02-12 02:19 PM

1. Blackberry will have the slimmest phone on the market in 8 months, or whenever this thing launches, (I didn't know you had a crystal ball).
    2. This is a design consumers want (I guess you concluded this by the demand for iphones and droids since it sports a similar design)

1. You have seen the image for yourself. That phone is very slim. Phones will only get so thin before they are uncomfortable to hold, I think 7 months (according to latest rumours) from now this is about where phones will be. I said on par with the slimmest if you missed that part...(Sarcastic assuming comment here)
    2. How about you look at the hundreds of comments under the link here and determine if its what consumers want...or yes, look at the similar android devices that are selling exceptionally. Since you appear to own an iphone, you should really look at the image again and realize it doesn't look like an iphone (although I know iphone users think everything that is shaped like a phone and has a screen is derived from their holy device).
    3. If you have read anything in the last year you know there's a new OS, and there's new phones coming, and this leak looks nothing like previous blackberries, except for the playBook. (Have you been living under a rock or with a troll under a bridge?)

Also I happen to know someone working on the next gen playbook and phones (its great living in the tri-city area), although I can't say anything about the devices.

If you read BGR at all you know the last several months have been pure RIM bashing, compared to anything else they've posted this leak is purely positive.
    02-02-12 02:48 PM

Is there anything or anyone in this forum you don't feel compelled to pi$$ on? Seriouisly, lighten up with all the negativity. If you despise the brand and everybody who finds something positive about it so much, why even come here.
    02-02-12 02:50 PM
    1. You have seen the image for yourself. That phone is very slim. Phones will only get so thin before they are uncomfortable to hold, I think 7 months (according to latest rumours) from now this is about where phones will be. I said on par with the slimmest if you missed that part...(Sarcastic assuming comment here)
    2. How about you look at the hundreds of comments under the link here and determine if its what consumers want...or yes, look at the similar android devices that are selling exceptionally. Since you appear to own an iphone, you should really look at the image again and realize it doesn't look like an iphone (although I know iphone users think everything that is shaped like a phone and has a screen is derived from their holy device).
    3. If you have read anything in the last year you know there's a new OS, and there's new phones coming, and this leak looks nothing like previous blackberries, except for the playBook. (Have you been living under a rock or with a troll under a bridge?)

Also I happen to know someone working on the next gen playbook and phones (its great living in the tri-city area), although I can't say anything about the devices.

If you read BGR at all you know the last several months have been pure RIM bashing, compared to anything else they've posted this leak is purely positive.
    Is there anything or anyone in this forum you don't feel compelled to pi$$ on? Seriouisly, lighten up with all the negativity. If you despise the brand and everybody who finds something positive about it so much, why even come here.

The QNX OS, the swipe gestures are both powerful positive indicators for the PlayBook. To me, it seems like a phone leaking to the public is not a good thing.

You have misinterpreted my point. RIM has a history of having internal phone models and specs leaked to the public. This puts pressure on their teams to at least match the leak and release it possibly before it's ready (see the leaked information regarding the Storm)

My personal opinion is I would rather see a device ready for launch in 3 weeks than to have another incident where the average consumer says,"Oh look, that looks so awesome! I can't wait to get it!" and have it be 9 months away.

There is enough pressure on Blackberry already, they don't need any more. What happens if they can't design it that slim? Or they test and find out the bezel isn't big enough for gestures?

A lot can happen between now and when it's released.
    02-02-12 02:58 PM
    The QNX OS, the swipe gestures are both powerful positive indicators for the PlayBook. To me, it seems like a phone leaking to the public is not a good thing.

You have misinterpreted my point. RIM has a history of having internal phone models and specs leaked to the public. This puts pressure on their teams to at least match the leak and release it possibly before it's ready (see the leaked information regarding the Storm)

My personal opinion is I would rather see a device ready for launch in 3 weeks than to have another incident where the average consumer says,"Oh look, that looks so awesome! I can't wait to get it!" and have it be 9 months away.

There is enough pressure on Blackberry already, they don't need any more. What happens if they can't design it that slim? Or they test and find out the bezel isn't big enough for gestures?

A lot can happen between now and when it's released.

Sorry, this response seems far more reasonable. I can see where you're coming from. Leaks this far in advance have definitely been an issue for RIM in the past. Hopefully there won't be any more leaked info until closer to the actual launch date for the reasons you have stated. Hhowever, with the state of OS2.0 I have confidence RIM will deliver on time with a product that will pass expectations. They're truly at the make or break point, the company needs to do this right, and Thorstein needs to do this right.

Your concern is ligitimate though. My comment directed towards bgr was more of a response to having had enough RIM bashing and posting of purely negative rumourrs, several of which have been false but are still being sited to support new rumours.
    02-02-12 03:25 PM
    I agree with one of the comments that the comments section actually rose the page view. There were too many trolls though.. one thing is for sure, Jonathan is a big Apple fanboy.. :P
    02-02-12 09:41 PM
    Comments are back now, but through facebook ID
    02-09-12 12:55 PM
    An improvement. 90% of the comments were nothing but five or six pre-teens insulting each other, at least as far as the RIM articles went. One or two of those pre-teens were pro-RIM, acting just as much the asshat as the pro-iPhone and pro-Android trolls. Seriously, it was literal namecalling. Any constructive/well written comments were lost in the noise.

I also recall reading somewhere (I can't recall where) that in the days following the end of commenting, article views actually went up.
    02-09-12 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD