Am I the only what who wishes misfortune on people who phone and drive?

Like texters or people who talk?
    And even one time I saw someone playing tap tap. Lol.

Am I alone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 09:42 AM
    Nope. Not alone I wish I could put an invention on every car called:....."the SLAPometer" everytime you are caught doing something stup!d behind the wheel a hydraulic arm will actuate and slap the cheese off your face. Of course only I would have the remote...... hehehehehe.......

10-24-10 09:54 AM
    nope, your not alone! everytime i see someone driving while on the ph/txing, im cursing like a sailor under my breath!
    10-25-10 08:08 AM
    definitely not alone! at red lights i count the number of people talking on their phones without a hands free device...but then again i dont have bluetooth on my BB but i try not to talk on mine while i'm driving. i never make the calls. and i'm still amazed at the number of people texting while driving! and i also notice that a lot of cops will be talking on their phones while driving too...hypocritic bastages!
    10-25-10 09:16 AM
    I'm with ya. I can't stand people who talk and drive. I have even seen cops talk on their phone and drive, and not even with bluetooth. I prefer to use my bluetooth to talk and drive or I just let it go to voicemail. As far as texting, it's just as bad as drinking and driving. You're not fully focused on the road and the things around you. People need to be alert and aware of the roads. Especially at night time.
    10-25-10 10:22 AM
    I'm with ya. I can't stand people who talk and drive. I have even seen cops talk on their phone and drive, and not even with bluetooth. I prefer to use my bluetooth to talk and drive or I just let it go to voicemail. As far as texting, it's just as bad as drinking and driving. You're not fully focused on the road and the things around you. People need to be alert and aware of the roads. Especially at night time.

so...... Eating/Drinking (soft drinks), makeup, ipods, navigation system, built in DVD players for the kids, climate control, adjusting the review mirror, getting a milk bottle for an infant, i could seriously go on and on an on
    ... all that stuff should be out-lawed.

Don't get me wrong Texting and driving is on my "not to do list", i know someone who killed a motorcyclist due to texting and driving. but there are more things that one can do while driving other than just "text" that pulls the eyes off the road.

10-25-10 02:48 PM
    Around here we had a motorcyclist killed when she was rear-ended at a light by a woman painting her nails. (Not even a mile from my house)
    This past weekend, a 16 year old girl drove her dad's Lexus through somebody else's garage because she was texting. Cops looked at her phone and determined she'd been sending and receiving.

10-25-10 09:51 PM
    When you are driving, you are piloting a several thousand pound missile that can kill people just as easily as walking up and shooting them with a gun, in some cases, even easier. People need to start thinking about that when they start being irresponsible behind the wheel.

I don't care why folks are distracted, if they are distracted, that is unacceptable. Eyes need to be up and out of the vehicle the majority of the time. Scan ahead for potential issues, plan ahead on how to avoid those issues, if you're not doing that, then you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-26-10 at 04:10 AM.
    10-26-10 04:08 AM
    When you are driving, you are piloting a several thousand pound missile that can kill people just as easily as walking up and shooting them with a gun, in some cases, even easier. People need to start thinking about that when they start being irresponsible behind the wheel.

I don't care why folks are distracted, if they are distracted, that is unacceptable. Eyes need to be up and out of the vehicle the majority of the time. Scan ahead for potential issues, plan ahead on how to avoid those issues, if you're not doing that, then you're doing it wrong.
    This man has spoken the truth.

10-26-10 07:46 AM
    I was a part of an accident that borke many bones in my body because of some dum teenager who was texting his girlfriend. Last I heard, his parents are now filing for bankruptcy. Not my fault!!!

10-26-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD