with all the new ceo stuff on the net i ran into this on Gizmodo, i think they pinpointed the original problem, why wasnt this guy hogtied and taken out sooner????
    A Handcrafted Selection of Wonderful Quotes from RIM's Recently Departed CEOs
    01-23-12 06:39 PM
    The continued barrage against the outgoing Co-CEO's could be a bit more classy.

"Offshoot products trying to fill gaps that maybe don't need to be filled. Yes, a tablet is a cool concept, but can you put it in your pocket? And would you carry one around if you couldn't?"
    I think RIM solved their own problem about tablets, innovated and provided a 7 inch tablet when the almight Steve Jobs said it would fail. Today, I have a tablet I can put in my pocket and it does scream portability.
    01-23-12 07:01 PM
    The continued barrage against the outgoing Co-CEO's could be a bit more classy.

I think RIM solved their own problem about tablets, innovated and provided a 7 inch tablet when the almight Steve Jobs said it would fail. Today, I have a tablet I can put in my pocket and it does scream portability.
    +1

One of the best parts of the PB. It fits nicely in my coat pocket.
    01-23-12 07:04 PM
    Some of those quotes are taken a bit out of context, like how anything on the internet can be encrypted. I don't think he's literally saying anything that is ever transferred across the internet is encrypted, they're just trying to make him look worse....

Other stuff has some merit. Just because the ipad can get by without flash doesn't mean the PB and other tablets would have been better off without flash at all...

That said they have totally and completely failed at both marketing and product rollouts, no question...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-23-12 07:10 PM
    Less talk, RIM, more actions.
    01-24-12 06:17 PM
    wow only 253? when i look at the main forums page i always notice that almost every last post was by him. and of course when i peek into the thread its always rim bashing with his cut and paste and smart *ss remarks. i also notice that none of these trolls ever have any devices listed. some people need to get a life
    01-24-12 06:20 PM
    I had a good chuckle reading that article. RIM needs some young blood, and it does not look like they got it, unfortunately I think it is going to get worse before it gets better for RIM.
    01-24-12 06:21 PM
    I had a good chuckle reading that article. RIM needs some young blood, and it does not look like they got it, unfortunately I think it is going to get worse before it gets better for RIM.
    Things HAVE gotten better. . . drastically...... and they are likely to continue doing so. I find many people bashing RIM are those with old outdated phones.
    01-24-12 06:43 PM
    So you think all past BlackBerry devices are crappy? Sounds like it...

I don't want to upgrade to a device with more issues, less battery life, less compatible apps, glitches. Makes sense to me.
    01-24-12 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD