Interesting poll on GSM Arena.

https://www.gsmarena.com/weekly_poll...news-54531.php

I voted for flat and toughened glass and "I don't care" regarding the resolution, matrix type, and refresh rate. My eyes are not getting younger, so I do not care about the latest display technologies.
    Give me something tough, convenient, and bright enough (but not on account of the battery) and I'm fine.
    Maybe I'm old school.
    06-06-22 04:50 PM
    I am currently using a red iPhone SE3 and I have had great luck with Apple products and knock on wood, I have never cracked a screen.

But, I have always bought a good quality protective case and normally I never used screen protectors, but this time around I did.

I am old school and the money these smartphones cost today, I am about good build quality and good quality screens. Apple has been the one I have continued to use since Blackberry no longer offer any devices.
    dmlis likes this.
    06-08-22 05:50 AM
    Interesting. I used cases for most mobile devices except the "protected" models such as Motorola Defy and Samsung Xcover. And I avoided screen protectors until I switched to the Samsung Galaxy series. I just realised that larger screens are harder to keep undamaged.
    Quality and durability (probably) will be valued by more users as major brands continue to add more years to the security and OS update cycle.
    06-09-22 04:55 PM
    If you need a tough phone Display, go with CAT Phones they are really hard to break.
    06-12-22 02:25 PM
    Interesting. I used cases for most mobile devices except the "protected" models such as Motorola Defy and Samsung Xcover. And I avoided screen protectors until I switched to the Samsung Galaxy series. I just realised that larger screens are harder to keep undamaged.
    Quality and durability (probably) will be valued by more users as major brands continue to add more years to the security and OS update cycle.
    I think most folks today are ok using some form of case, along with a screen protector. I put my glass screen protector on my new iPhone and don't even know it's there. And case makes it much more graspable, but can be replaced in nine months or a year... when it's a little worn.

My iPhone "XR" was still like new... but in my area not having 5G on Verizon was a noticeable handicap, wife always had coverage in spots that I and other family members didn't.

Displays are much larger, but they are also much harder to damage these days... not impossible, but not easy either.
    06-13-22 07:37 AM