07-31-08 07:08 PM
148 1234 ...
tools
    I have the OEM clear skin and really like it. I have also left the protective film on that came on it. I will put on a screen protector as soon as the original wears out.
    Last edited by osupike18; 07-22-07 at 10:02 PM.
    07-22-07 12:25 PM
    I have the electric blue hard case with rubberdized sides. Its amazing and everyone loves the color. The only downside would be that the keyboard feels like it is a little smaller. But when people see it, they love it. Makes me a little happy, I'm not going to lie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-07 06:08 PM
    Is it worth it to buy the Blackberry brand skin for the 8830?
    09-10-07 12:15 PM
    I get blue skin from my Pearl (Thanks Guus!) and now I can't imagine having Pearl with it...
    09-11-07 04:17 PM
    ive got the oem skin with bb written down the back, but i just recently picked up a skit that covers the back, side, and front keyboard completely. there a small hole where the pearl comes through, but its a really nice case. and fits like a glove. no dust in the keyboard!

i also bought some killer screen protectors, literally scratch proof. almost indestructible for now.
    11-02-07 02:30 AM
    I didnt like the skin when I first saw it but now I am hooked. I have almost every color they have for the 8830 and I change my skin to match my outfit. But I would have to say that the pinkish/purplish color is my favorite
    11-02-07 08:43 AM
    my pearl stays skinned up!
    11-02-07 10:50 AM
    I use the rubber all black blackberry skin that I purchased from AT&T, however I'm looking for a Laker skin for my 8300 since its basketball season... Any suggestions.... Go Lakers
    11-07-07 12:12 PM
    I don't use a skin for my Curve since I have a form-fitting Aviator case. I do have a screen protector on it for whenever it might be out of the case.

11-07-07 03:23 PM
    Definately skin it. I have one of the rubber (or silicone as VZW says) covers for my 8830WE.

It is so worth it especially if you are one of the people who drop them constantly or your bb gets normal wear and tear. On my old phone I had a cover on it and when I pulled it off months later to clean it, the phone still looked brand new underneath it.

And especially my 8830 - its my baby, you would do for your blackberry as would for your child, wouldnt you? ;-)
    11-17-07 07:20 PM
    I just ordered the black Cellet Silicone Skin last night. Hoping I will like it.
    11-17-07 07:29 PM
    i was anti skins but now i need every color.. minus pink and purple
    11-27-07 11:18 PM
    Still on the fence. I keep putting my black OEM skin on...taking it off...putting it on...taking it off. I just don't like the "looseness" of it. If it fit tighter to the phone, I would like it better.

I just got a couple of Seidio slim hard cases (all-rubberized & "hybrid") that I am going to be trying out. Maybe I'll like that better...

The "naked" phone is so hot looking...and feels so good, I dunno...

Oh yeah...I'm running a Seidio Ultimate Guard screen protector. Static application w/no glue...crystal clear. Great product!!
    Last edited by davistld01; 11-29-07 at 06:20 AM.
    11-29-07 06:16 AM
    ... as you Davis. I keep putting it on, taking it off. For me, the biggest issue is the tackiness of the skin when it's in my pocket - pulling out a rubberized Berry when driving can be quite hazardous!

At the moment it's on, but it was not this AM and may not be tomorrow. I'm toying with the idea of the crystal case, but given the fact that I'm hoping for a Pearl imminently, I may hold off on buying any more accessories.

Got mine on Ebay, but Seido looks promising. I've had great luck in the past with cellphoneshop.net.
    11-29-07 09:06 AM
    Yeah...my biggest gripe is the "floppiness" of the skin, at least the OEM BlackBerry ones. They are pretty form-fitting, but just don't grip the phone tightly enough for my tastes...but I am admittedly anal to the max about stuff like that. To most people...that probably isn't even something they notice.

One question though...is the "clear" skin some of you guys talk about really clear, or is it kind of a milky/frosted-white instead?

Does anybody run the "clear" skin on their red Curve...and how does it look?
    12-07-07 08:49 PM
    I just got a blue skin for mine and I'm loving it! I want all the colors now.
    12-10-07 07:25 PM
    I must admit. Beyonce looks good with her new blkskin.

12-10-07 07:52 PM
    When I got my Pearl, I also purchased a 3-pack of skins and the leather belt case. It's in the skin when I'm home, case when I'm out and about. I've gotta take of Halle.... yaknow, HalleBerry.
    12-11-07 06:41 PM
    5 skins and loving it. Orange clear blue tan and my new fav. Blk.

12-11-07 07:09 PM
    i use a generic black rubber skin since my Pearl spends a lot of its time in my pocket
    12-11-07 07:32 PM
    I just removed my Invisible Shield full-body skin this morning off my Curve. I guess the nice thing about the Invisible Shields is that I can re-apply them in the future.

Prior to putting on the skin, I polished my BlackBerry with Zaino, so it was very shiny and smooth to handle. Imagine running your hands down the sides of a showroom car, but because of the rubber sides, it does not slip out of your hands.

After putting on the skin, the whole device became rough, and there were edges of the skin digging into my palm. I didn't like it at all, so I ripped it off and put on another coat of polish this morning.

Now I just carry around the BB in a drawstring pouch.
    Last edited by nandaiyo; 12-13-07 at 12:45 PM.
    12-13-07 12:43 PM
    Step 1: Use razor blade to cut out piece of saran wrap (very easy if you lay it on a piece of cardboard)
    Step 2: Carefully apply "screen protector" removing all bubbles and being cautious not to touch the screen side (you don't want a fingerprint under there)
    Step 3: Flip berry facedown and trim out buttons/camera/speaker
    Step 4: lick 'n stick lose pieces of saran (where you didn't cut out for the buttons) and put on gel skin
    Step 5:Trim bottom of screen
    12-27-07 01:06 AM
    Step 1: Use razor blade to cut out piece of saran wrap (very easy if you lay it on a piece of cardboard)
    Step 2: Carefully apply "screen protector" removing all bubbles and being cautious not to touch the screen side (you don't want a fingerprint under there)
    Step 3: Flip berry facedown and trim out buttons/camera/speaker
    Step 4: lick 'n stick lose pieces of saran (where you didn't cut out for the buttons) and put on gel skin
    Step 5:Trim bottom of screen
    Huh...??
    12-27-07 06:35 AM
    What dont you understand Dav???
    12-27-07 10:44 PM
    i have a clear one for my pearl 2. it's lovely.
    12-30-07 02:37 AM
148 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD