32. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 46.88%
  • no

14 43.75%
  • doesn't matter/didn't notice

3 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    i dont know if this is something that people care about or even notice. when tou post in any of the social forums (ie pin sharing, off topic etc) they dont up your post count. so just as a quick look at maybe if other people feel the same way. maybe if enough people agree to it the mods....or kevin..or someone out there will change that :-)
    Last edited by cubanjinx; 11-03-08 at 05:53 AM.
    11-03-08 05:49 AM
    Yes it should, but it's not my forum, so I don't care. I'm not gonna cry if they don't change it.
    11-03-08 05:55 AM
    All posts used to count and then they changed it to the current setup. A big deal was made at first but then it died down. It is what it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 06:00 AM
    Who really cares if they count or not. No biggie to me.

11-03-08 06:42 AM
    The main purpose of Crackberry is to provide a place for people to exchange information about blackberries. They provide the social forums as a favor, but I think the point is to get people out into the other forums to keep us focused on BlackBerrys. I like the OT forum's exchange of ideas, but I like to talk about my Curve and to help others, too. Blackberries are the reason we're here. Of course I wouldn't mind if my few hundred OT posts counted, but it wouldn't reflect time spent learning about my device and it would lessen my credibility as someone others can come to for help. I say that knowing that some run up post counts not helping others, but those who do that are obvious when they give advice.

11-03-08 06:44 AM
    Off topic posts should not count towards the total post count, IMO, since off topic posts are irrelevant to the focus of the site.

11-03-08 07:43 AM
    They shouldn't count because peoples post counts get crazy high in some of these threads with quick replies.
    11-03-08 07:47 AM
    I personally don't care about the post count. But if they did count, there would be 'Geniuses' that really aren't 'Geniuses'. Just saying that some people stay in the Social forums without ever lending their advice on a certain topic. And these people have such high post counts in a certain thread, that it wouldn't be fair to give them the title of 'Genius'. Just my opinion

11-03-08 07:58 AM
    They shouldn't count because peoples post counts get crazy high in some of these threads with quick replies.
    Exactly. Post count should gauge your knowledge and ability to help...not how bored you are and how fast you can reply.

11-03-08 08:51 AM
    I don't know what you are talking about!!!!! That's absurd!

JustPlainJef 1 new messages - Log Out

(From the other forum I frequent and I don't come out of the basement)
    11-03-08 08:51 AM
    Ooo see I didn't know about the title that you could acquire with the posts. In that case I see why it should be no

11-03-08 08:54 AM
    I think its a good idea because like said above, for the people who don't really give help, then why give posts? But then again, I don't think a post count should really even matter. Afterall, its pretty much just a message board.

11-03-08 09:02 AM
    Exactly. Post count should gauge your knowledge and ability to help...not how bored you are and how fast you can reply.

Couldn't of said it better myself and since I don't get credit for this....

:-)

11-03-08 09:10 AM
    Ooo see I didn't know about the title that you could acquire with the posts. In that case I see why it should be no

As told by Kevin Michaluk:

CrackBerry Newbie: 0 posts
    CrackBerry User: 10 posts
    CrackBerry Abuser: 100 posts
    CrackBerry Addict: 500 posts
    CrackBerry Master: 1000 posts
    CrackBerry Genius: 1500 posts
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses: 5000 posts (hit this level and you can request your own custom forum title!)

11-03-08 10:17 AM
    I'd have to say I agree that postcounts don't matter. The system in place is just fine.
    11-03-08 10:54 AM
    it should count be this fight was had long ago..
    just deal with it.
    11-03-08 11:17 AM
    I personally don't care about the post count. But if they did count, there would be 'Geniuses' that really aren't 'Geniuses'. Just saying that some people stay in the Social forums without ever lending their advice on a certain topic. And these people have such high post counts in a certain thread, that it wouldn't be fair to give them the title of 'Genius'. Just my opinion

I totally agree...
    11-03-08 01:45 PM

I agree 100% as it should be about the quality not quantity and pertain to the subject at hand.
    11-03-08 02:54 PM

i agree...
    11-03-08 03:19 PM
    Maybe there should be different posts counts. 1 point for off-topic, 2 for welcoming a newbie, 5 for starting a thread, 10 for helpful advice. So if you're really helpful you become a genius quicker. :-)

Last edited by BuddyL; 11-04-08 at 12:03 AM.
    11-03-08 09:00 PM
    I agree that the off topic posts shouldn't count. Post counts reflect the help, advice, and input you have given regarding blackberries themselves, not just whatever random topics pop up over in OT.

11-03-08 09:16 PM
    I'm seeing an overwhelming no on this one. I like the current setup.

11-04-08 12:12 AM
    I wouldn't want people to think my post count is the result of accumulated chatting; non-related discussions and blah blah blah's.

If post counts matter then I pride myself to the fact that 90+ % of my posts have contributed to the overall better'ment of the knowledgebase for other Blackberry users to bennefit from. As have I.

Then the rest of the time where I'm talking about food; movies; or hookin-up (not done that one yet) complimenting Girls with Blackberries who are hot etc etc, then that should not count as post counts.

This isn't the forum olympics. It's Crackberry.com where knowledge is king. F'ing around is fun and off the record.

My $0.02

11-04-08 12:28 AM
    If they are going to count then the current setup is good. But really who cares how many posts someone has? Oh wow you have 3000 posts on an internet forum. We don't get points for how many people we talk to in a day in real life.

11-04-08 01:50 AM
    Off topic posts should not count towards the total post count, IMO, since off topic posts are irrelevant to the focus of the site.

Well put, same here.
    If my Off Topic threads counted I'd be a Super Bad - Master - Addicit - Genius
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 11-04-08 at 12:17 PM.
    11-04-08 12:04 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD