Remind me to ***** slap you when i see you.
    Your comment made my day, awesome, legendary. Thanks, brother, my day was kinda messed up till I read your post.
    04-27-10 05:30 AM
    I guess you are one of the 7 people who have coverage like this?....lol

Why wait for LTE?

Their 9000, their first 3G phone was late to the 3G party.

They still dont have a BB capable of 7.2mb down on ATT, the new 9700 is only capable of 3.6 which came out well after the 3GS which is 7.2 capable where 7.2 is active.

Theyre always late to the new tech party, if they waited for LTE their next high end BB would be 2012!
    04-27-10 06:34 AM
    Has anyone managed to get more than 3.6 reliably anywhere on the at&t network though?
    Yup I sure do, another perk of Miami We were one of the first to rollout, have had it for a while. The point was why not toss a capable chipset in anyways.

But to say LTE will be any different a rollout, a few cities at first, is silly. So the point still stands that theyre not waiting for LTE.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-27-10 at 07:40 AM.
    04-27-10 07:37 AM
    in this regard i agree with you, roll-out means just that.

OTOH vz talks of lighting up the entire network all at once....miraculously providing 4g coverage across the nation overnight.. yeah right.

Yup I sure do, another perk of Miami We were one of the first to rollout, have had it for a while. The point was why not toss a capable chipset in anyways.

But to say LTE will be any different a rollout, a few cities at first, is silly. So the point still stands that theyre not waiting for LTE.
    04-27-10 08:30 AM
    I don't understand his vision. It's like a sick joke almost with where he's taking this company. I am pissed.
    04-27-10 08:36 AM
    I don't understand his vision. It's like a sick joke almost with where he's taking this company. I am pissed.
    All because your device isn't supported for 6.0?
    04-27-10 08:49 AM
    I'm not worried about that. I'm upgrade eligible in June.
    04-27-10 08:50 AM
    RIM is doing just fine.... better than ever... and with the new devices, especially the 9100 and OS 6.0... they are on the right track... not everyone needs to replicate iPhone and Android...
    04-27-10 09:08 AM
    indeed... all the whining is coming from 9630 owners.... gee... wonder why.... lol
    04-27-10 09:08 AM
    Blackberry is growing BIG time! Blackberry has 40 Million users right now, and expected to hit 100 million users!

thats progress! a huge step
    04-27-10 09:25 AM
    I think PK has it pretty right. He may not have a username, he may pay people to really keep track of this kind of stuff as a job, but I'd bet he pops on to blogs and forums from time to time.

At least his iPhone can load the full site in a reasonable amount of time
    04-27-10 11:21 AM
    I'm thinking that it's not the real Steve Jobs, BUT I bet the real one, DOES keep up with his BB news via the BB blogs, and CB IS the best of them, so he probably is a member, but I doubt he would ever reveal himself.
    *Whispers*

Psssst! His screen name here is Synthmole.
    04-27-10 11:33 AM

I was in no way saying they *should* wait for LTE rollout before going big on a new phone. It just seems like they're holding out, making only small and slow improvements on the hardware. Waiting for LTE was the only feesible reason I could convince myself of.

I know down in Omaha (the closest 3G network to me) there is no problem getting and keeping 3.6 down. I'm not sure about 7.2, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 01:28 PM
    Where can I download 6.0 for my Tour?
    04-27-10 02:49 PM
    Yeah, let's fire the guy who has made BlackBerry the raging, screaming success that is is today because he doesn't make bleeding edge phones. C'mon, there's a reason BlackBerrys aren't superphones, and it's not for lack of technical know-how - Mike's a freakin' engineer after all.

In the big picture, the people who demand 7.2 MBps (us) and make real purchacing decisions based on it are the minority, while the much bigger market is totally cool cruising on EDGE and Wi-Fi with the 8520. Mike knows that because he's familiar the real-world technical limitations that exist and operates well inside them. A WiMAX BlackBerry would be neat for us phone geeks and all, but only if you live in one of maybe a dozen U.S. cities and have money to burn.
    04-27-10 03:19 PM
    Applying a simple cipher I discovered Mike Lazaridis spelled backwards is actually Steve Jobs. Makes sense now, of course he wants to tank RIM so Apple can take over the smart phone market.
    04-27-10 03:20 PM
    Your comment made my day, awesome, legendary. Thanks, brother, my day was kinda messed up till I read your post.
    LOL, no problem.
    04-27-10 11:05 PM
    After I'm done serving Gizmodo and crew as jail bait your next!

Bring it on Steve O. I will Androidify your azz.
    04-28-10 02:23 PM
    With all the comotion Microsoft, HTC & Apple are having now I think RIM is still standing on firm ground. Plus the mentioned updates on the way, so what's to worry about, stop & think whats the percentage of owners who carry a RIM, quite a lot I think.
    04-28-10 05:24 PM
    The guy from ER played (a younger) Steve Jobs in that Silicon Valley movie. Michael Lerner (Eight Men Out, Barton Fink) should play Mike Lazaridis:

04-29-10 01:41 PM
    Why wait for LTE?

Their 9000, their first 3G phone was late to the 3G party.

They still dont have a BB capable of 7.2mb down on ATT, the new 9700 is only capable of 3.6 which came out well after the 3GS which is 7.2 capable where 7.2 is active.

Theyre always late to the new tech party, if they waited for LTE their next high end BB would be 2012!
    Wrong, the first 3G blackberry was the 8707, I should know as I have one.

05-02-10 04:45 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD