01-11-13 09:20 AM
41 12
tools
  1. Earthbrain's Avatar
    I am itching to buy a lot of shares of RIMM now since it is at its 5-year low.

    I don't have any shares of RIMM yet.

    I already made a great deal of money on Nvidia stock so maybe I should use that profit and put it in RIMM.

    It still has some money in the bank and QNX is staring out slowly but it should improve in the future.

    Today's RIMM stock is at $27.75 .

    Anyone going to buy RIMM shares on Monday?
    Last edited by Earthbrain; 06-17-11 at 09:05 PM.
    06-17-11 09:03 PM
  2. GeneKam's Avatar
    No, at this point I think rim is going down even more. Terrible products and a bad quarter and no device releases any time soon. I would buy just before the release of new 9900 devices. I think it will be pretty low 3 weeks before that or so. It's do or die at this point though.
    06-17-11 09:40 PM
  3. jebulls's Avatar
    I would love to know how many sales they are going to lose by delaying the 9930 &9900 till fall!
    06-17-11 09:55 PM
  4. Gucci33's Avatar
    I'm going to pull the trigger between $20-25 asap!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 09:56 PM
  5. therapyreject174's Avatar
    Personally, I would wait. I think they'll go down some more before they start to climb up again (presumably/hopefully when QNX phones start to show up). I want to pick up some stock too, but right now just seems like a bad time. 6-12 months from now the price will most likely be lower, and QNX phones will hopefully be in development or close to it. That would be the time I would jump in.
    06-17-11 10:20 PM
  6. GeneKam's Avatar
    I would watch the play book market. The os7, even though phones have new features can't be utilized fully because its all java. So don't worry about it too much. Keep a watch on the qnx devices as they are the future. If the developer market is nice to play book and it catches some traction, qnx phones are gonna follow along.
    06-17-11 10:22 PM
  7. GeneKam's Avatar
    Personally, I would wait. I think they'll go down some more before they start to climb up again (presumably/hopefully when QNX phones start to show up). I want to pick up some stock too, but right now just seems like a bad time. 6-12 months from now the price will most likely be lower, and QNX phones will hopefully be in development or close to it. That would be the time I would jump in.
    Yup I absolutely agree. The stocks also go through the regular business cycle. So trying to pin point when they are at their lowest is key in buying. With rim and how bad they are doing and will decline until qnx, they will be lower.
    06-17-11 10:25 PM
  8. joeypasta's Avatar
    If the Iphone 5 comes with a QWERTY keyboard, then RIMM is in a lot of trouble.
    06-17-11 10:59 PM
  9. kevinnugent's Avatar
    If the Iphone 5 comes with a QWERTY keyboard, then RIMM is in a lot of trouble.
    I don't see Apple releasing a hard keyboard phone. But that's just me.

    As far as the OP? If you want to lose $20 a share, go right ahead.
    06-17-11 11:13 PM
  10. GhostCGY's Avatar
    I know this post is old but always nice to bump it up.

    I can't see apple putting out a hard keyboard either, considering they broke the tradition and went to a full touchscreen before everyone.
    06-18-11 12:06 AM
  11. waccotobacco's Avatar
    only rookies buy a stock because it is "too low"
    06-18-11 12:10 AM
  12. ewilsonn's Avatar
    I plan on buying around $10 - $15 a share... I expect them to start recovering in 2014, that's after their BB OS 7 flops because people are waiting for QNX, then for QNX to come out and be buggy as **** and everyone to be pissed off for a year, and then for them to start releasing a decent product again.

    Do not buy unless you plan on sitting on the stock for 5+ years is my recommendation.
    06-18-11 12:25 AM
  13. southlander's Avatar
    I don't see Apple releasing a hard keyboard phone. But that's just me.

    As far as the OP? If you want to lose $20 a share, go right ahead.
    Anyone that's sure it'll go down more can short it.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 12:49 AM
  14. ekafara's Avatar
    I plan on buying around $10 - $15 a share... I expect them to start recovering in 2014, that's after their BB OS 7 flops because people are waiting for QNX, then for QNX to come out and be buggy as **** and everyone to be pissed off for a year, and then for them to start releasing a decent product again.

    Do not buy unless you plan on sitting on the stock for 5+ years is my recommendation.
    QNX is running quite well on the Playbook from what I understand so I don't see how it will be buggy. And if anything they wouldn't launch till 2013 if delayed. Their stock will drop a bit but will go back up once the OS7 line comes out.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 01:22 AM
  15. jthep's Avatar
    I would wait until the stock drops more. I think it will bottom around the low 20's, plus it will be awhile before a new quarter and even by then there will be no new phones. So you are looking at at least two more quarters of stagnant or falling stock prices, IMHO.

    My point is, it will be quite some time before any positive news comes along to drive the stock price significantly higher, right now it can just stay low or go lower.

    What catalyst is there for even next quarter? Only one possible can be if the Playbook sells several million units, but even with news like that, naysayers will just point to how much better the iPad2 is selling.

    We won't know how the new line of OS7 phones sell for at least two more quarters. QNX phones won't be out until at least next year, so there is no rush to buy RIM at $27. If it sinks below $23, I am buying...
    06-18-11 07:14 AM
  16. v1rus2092's Avatar
    i wouldn't right now, its possible it may drop even more so hold on!
    06-18-11 11:04 PM
  17. Frank2029's Avatar
    I have a feeling the stock is going to go up on monday. People like the OP are itching to buy RIMM like myself which will drive up the stock. But it will eventually go back down to around $20-$22. I cant see it going under $18 but if it does i will not be putting money into it until the release of the next smart phones.

    Like others have stated. Dont buy unless you're willing to wait at least a couple years to sell. If QNX turns out great and comes sooner then expected. You can see this stock hitting $75-$80 again. Only time will tell. RIM needs change!
    06-19-11 09:59 AM
  18. ZMc1834's Avatar
    If they do fail to deliver a phone during this quarter as they did during the last quarter, I could see it dropping well into the teens, but as some posters have previously stated, it might see a slight bump from the people following the stock and trying to jump on it at a low price. For myself, I am still monitoring the price, but at this point I would still hold because no signs of an upturn have occurred, yet.
    06-20-11 06:50 AM
  19. lnichols's Avatar
    If you have faith they can transition yes, if not no. Right now the stock is severely undervalued for the amount of money they are making. If they can execute this transition and be a solid number 3 smartphone platform then they should be a steal. Analysts have said that they should be $85 a share based on the financials. I think when they have QNX on the phone with the great web, media and the app development improves because the developers won't be hampered by the BBOS then they will start taking back customers lost to Android. They will have a solid chance when someone goes into a store looking for a great touchscreen device to be chosen over an Android device.
    06-20-11 08:56 AM
  20. qbnkelt's Avatar
    OP - please consult a broker. Additionally please ignore the rampant hyperbole. There are some posters in this very thread who haven't got a proper understanding of the market. You are well served if you ignore the uninformed.

    Entering the market buying shares from a company that is experiencing the turmoil that the market is imposing on RIM has certain risks. You need to understand them. Having been informed, if you still decide to buy, you will join a number of investors who go for an opportunity with discipline and understanding.
    drjay868 and 1magine like this.
    06-20-11 09:26 AM
  21. 1magine's Avatar
    ^^ well said Qbnkelt.
    06-20-11 12:35 PM
  22. Frank2029's Avatar
    OP - please consult a broker. Additionally please ignore the rampant hyperbole. There are some posters in this very thread who haven't got a proper understanding of the market. You are well served if you ignore the uninformed.

    Entering the market buying shares from a company that is experiencing the turmoil that the market is imposing on RIM has certain risks. You need to understand them. Having been informed, if you still decide to buy, you will join a number of investors who go for an opportunity with discipline and understanding.

    This stock is different then most. You have to be in it for the long hall to see a profit. Besides, I doubt he wants to put his whole life savings into RIMM. Nothing wrong with spending $500-$1000 to see what happens...
    06-20-11 03:02 PM
  23. dutchtender's Avatar
    anyone who asks should I buy "stocks" when talking about one security, should never ever buy stock or "stocks". especially this one.
    06-20-11 03:03 PM
  24. Frank2029's Avatar
    anyone who asks should I buy "stocks" when talking about one security, should never ever buy stock or "stocks". especially this one.

    Guess you cant ask a stock broker then either right?
    06-20-11 03:33 PM
  25. ck555's Avatar
    i was considering purchasing stock when it reaches low 20's, however i came across this read and got me a little worried and think twice.

    Markets Blog - The Globe and Mail
    Last edited by ck555; 06-20-11 at 03:48 PM.
    06-20-11 03:37 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD