Call options...
    06-20-11 03:48 PM
    I have a feeling the stock is going to go up on monday. People like the OP are itching to buy RIMM like myself which will drive up the stock. But it will eventually go back down to around $20-$22. I cant see it going under $18 but if it does i will not be putting money into it until the release of the next smart phones.

Like others have stated. Dont buy unless you're willing to wait at least a couple years to sell. If QNX turns out great and comes sooner then expected. You can see this stock hitting $75-$80 again. Only time will tell. RIM needs change!
    So much for going back up on Monday. Many other tech stocks are down as well. When I read about the lose of the marketing leader Friday it was clear the stock would continue dropping.

I think it will level off mid-week as long as the implosion within RIM halts.

In the end as long as Jim and Mike are still in their current positions RIM will continue to have stock and product execution issues.

After hearing them on this last call most, if not all investors have lost faith in these two ever coming to grips with the issues before them.

RIM good.
    CEOs bad.

Tim
    06-20-11 03:48 PM
    Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis would try their best to "buy back stock" in order to keep it from falling below $20.00 (has of 1:33pm Monday June 20, 2011 it was at $26.36 and falling) I wouldn't be surprised if it does dip near $17.50-$18.00 soon. No real true sales numbers from Playbook, NO smart phone until at least end of August...and RIM exec's flying out the door almost daily. Some on here are making light of this, and I guess that's ok, since Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis and some other high level RIM exec's will be fine. But what about the investors? especially the ones in June 2008 bought RIMM shares @ $148.13, and now they're plummeting to $26.36 a share. theses are real peoples investments, some their life savings. And the arrogance shown by Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis Thursday, shows their contempt or "dint give a damn" attitude to the shareholders.
    Shlooky and trsbbs like this.
    06-20-11 03:51 PM
    This stock is different then most. You have to be in it for the long hall to see a profit. Besides, I doubt he wants to put his whole life savings into RIMM. Nothing wrong with spending $500-$1000 to see what happens...
    I would not suggest that anyone would put life savings in stocks. I use cash I'm prepared to sacrifice and go live life. Check back periodically. Ride it.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-20-11 at 04:49 PM.
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    06-20-11 04:46 PM
    I would not suggest that anyone would put life savings in stocks. I use cash I'm prepared to sacrifice and go live life. Check back periodically. Ride it.

That is EXACTLY what i do
    06-20-11 05:37 PM
    That is EXACTLY what i do
    I have 20% of my retirement plan in stocks. As I get close to retirement I'll change that. For situations like this one arise, I study whether to buy, separately. But it's always cash I'm prepared to sacrifice.
    06-20-11 05:55 PM
    wait till stocks go down to about 15-20 a share. then its a steal!
    06-20-11 06:09 PM
    I don't buy stocks or invest. So I'm kool

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 04:04 AM
    Down to 21.80 right now. Thought this would happen with the further down turn
    in the world and US economy.

I hate to say it, but it will get even worse before it gets better.

Tim
    08-08-11 03:37 PM
    Maybe they know something that we don't.

RIM Investor Primecap Management Doubles Stake to 5% in Bet on BlackBerry

RIM Investor Primecap Management Doubles Stake to 5% in Bet on BlackBerry - Bloomberg
    dacoberry likes this.
    08-08-11 03:54 PM
    RIM being at 21.80 is not even an issue in light of the bigger drop. Sheesh.
    08-08-11 03:54 PM
    RIM being at 21.80 is not even an issue in light of the bigger drop. Sheesh.
    Was only talking about RIM and not the big picture as per the topic of this thread!
    " Should I buy stocks in RIMM now? It is at its 5-year low"

Double Sheesh....

Tim
    08-08-11 04:04 PM
    Maybe they know something that we don't.

RIM Investor Primecap Management Doubles Stake to 5% in Bet on BlackBerry

RIM Investor Primecap Management Doubles Stake to 5% in Bet on BlackBerry - Bloomberg
    Sure they do, they just lost a ton on their recent purchase.

Tim
    08-08-11 04:07 PM
    Who knows what should we do? Should we buy Rim before BB10 release? Or wait?
    01-10-13 11:20 PM
    Depends. If you think BB10 will cause a bump, buy now. If you think it'll flop, wait. Personally, I'd buy now. But I'm not a stockbroker.
    01-10-13 11:39 PM
    I say buy nao.
    01-11-13 09:20 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD