So I was looking at some tablets. Android tablet in particular and realized theres not much choices.. atleast when it comes to brands. Wanted something different, didnt want to follow the samsung route. So the only tablets I saw were Samsung,Lenovo,Sony and some China brands.. made me think howbout Blackberry made a very nice Android Tablet with good specs plus their partnership with foxconn and sell it competitive price. Take note this is just to milk cash for their own Platform. Also they can maybe build a Bridge app via their android tab. Oh and by the way.. im not saying to totally abandoning a playbook 2 BB10 tablet.. because thats still the best.. what im saying is for the meantime.. something to bring extra cash.

What do u guys say?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 02:44 PM
    If the q20 and z3 doesn't work they could use this idea to get consumers
    05-05-14 08:08 PM
    your forgot the nexus line, asus, acer...nook and amazon fire too. There are TONS of decent android tablets out there. Which brings me to my point....what do they do to standout amongst all the android tabs to make people buy it over the competition? How low would the price be? Can they actually make any money since you would have to price it so low?

Bottom line for a company struggling to stay afloat, this idea seems like its just another distraction that would bring them down further.
    tjseaman and eldricho like this.
    05-05-14 08:17 PM
    your forgot the nexus line, asus, acer...nook and amazon fire too. There are TONS of decent android tablets out there. Which brings me to my point....what do they do to standout amongst all the android tabs to make people buy it over the competition? How low would the price be? Can they actually make any money since you would have to price it so low?

Bottom line for a company struggling to stay afloat, this idea seems like its just another distraction that would bring them down further.
    Totally agree. Why would they look at a new tablet when they are struggling in the handset market? Focus on handset sales is first and foremost. A tablet is a total distraction and as much as I like my PlayBook, that's a sore issue with a lot of consumers. It may be a bigger flop than the PlayBook itself. Why would any company waste it's time and resources on that when there are more important issues that need to be addressed. It's time to focus, not be pushing out anything and everything.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    05-05-14 09:17 PM
    Not a chance, leave it to Android. BlackBerry shouldn't lose it's identity or rather gain its name as an Android launcher OS.

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.1.2156
    05-05-14 09:57 PM
    Yeah, that's exactly what a cash-strapped soon-to-be software company should do - spread their mobile devices out among three completely different and incompatible operating syatems: BBOS, BB10, and Android.
    05-05-14 10:20 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 10:46 PM