This is gonna be kind of long to read..

Something very bad happened last night, involving my boyfriend, my dad, and my phone.

Just to give you guys some background, my dad has an 8700 that his work gave him for free, and he talks a bunch of crap about how he doesn't like it, and the iphone's so much better, blablabla.
    He got me an 8gig ipod touch for my birthday a while ago, and a few weeks ago, one night he came back with TWO more of the same (though newer generation) 8gig ipods for himself and my mom..

At the time, i had some cheap lg pay as you go phone because i couldn't afford a plan, and after he got his ipod(s), he tried to show off to me about how his phone AND his ipod is better than mine.. yeayeayea..

So recently (hmm, about what.. TWO WEEKS ago?!) my boyfriend finally got me a pearl 8220 - i was so happy, ive never had a blackberry before, and soon it became a necessity, as if it were naturally a part of my body. I couldn't imagine life without it.

now, i don't wanna elaborate much, but my boyfriend and my dad don't get along well at all (and not because of the regular "protective" dad issues, my dad isn't like that)
    and i'm talking in the sense that my boyfriend raised me to be a better person than he did..

but anyway, so last night, as usual, i was on the phone with my boyfriend, and my dad came in and thought he was funny as he started mocking us and talking crap about us..
    my boyfriend heard it, and he told me to put him on speaker, just so it isn't a one-way conversation..SHOCKINGLY, my dad started whispering and he eventually stopped talking..

then, after some harsh - but true (and funny) things were said, and about an hour of my dad's quietly sitting in the corner, he decided to go and get his video camera...

he came back and he was recording a video of the "disgrace", and i took the phone off speaker (who's trying to go on youtube?!)
    then, once he had his camera, he started talking his crap again, calling my boyfriend a coward for telling me to take him off speaker...
    so he had fun sitting there, recording for almost two hours, zooming in and out of my face..
    eventually, he was saying stuff that could no longer be ignored, so i put the phone back on speaker..
    so my boyfriend talked, and my dad eventually told him that the conversation has to end, because the camera's battery is dying.......
    and my boyfriend kept talking, and my dad came real close in my face with the camera - still recording - and i was holding the blackberry kind of in the air, so they can hear each other talking..

here comes the big part....

so i'm holding the phone, and my boyfriend's still talking, my dad's quiet (though he looks mad), and suddenly, he grabs my wrist, and pries the phone from my hand and he..
    SNAPPED IT IN HALF!
    the next thing i know, my baby's in pieces on the floor..
    I won't tell you where the rest of the night went, but.. who's the coward??!

i HAVE become addicted, even on the course of two weeks, and now i feel miserable without my blackberry.... i can't even look at the remains of it, all the pieces.. even the mute button flew off somewhere, and a part of the processor did too...

it feels weird being on the computer, i even did my homework on it man...while i listened to the radio.... i don't like opening up gmail to send an email, and i dont like typing on the computer

i loved that phone, i loved that keyboard, i loved it
    terrible..... it's all gone....

i dont even know maaan... i'm gonna have to get a new blackberry..
    12-22-08 08:42 PM

Something very bad happened last night, involving my boyfriend, my dad, and my phone.

Just to give you guys some background, my dad has an 8700 that his work gave him for free, and he talks a bunch of crap about how he doesn't like it, and the iphone's so much better, blablabla.
    He got me an 8gig ipod touch for my birthday a while ago, and a few weeks ago, one night he came back with TWO more of the same (though newer generation) 8gig ipods for himself and my mom..

At the time, i had some cheap lg pay as you go phone because i couldn't afford a plan, and after he got his ipod(s), he tried to show off to me about how his phone AND his ipod is better than mine.. yeayeayea..

So recently (hmm, about what.. TWO WEEKS ago?!) my boyfriend finally got me a pearl 8220 - i was so happy, ive never had a blackberry before, and soon it became a necessity, as if it were naturally a part of my body. I couldn't imagine life without it.

now, i don't wanna elaborate much, but my boyfriend and my dad don't get along well at all (and not because of the regular "protective" dad issues, my dad isn't like that)
    and i'm talking in the sense that my boyfriend raised me to be a better person than he did..

but anyway, so last night, as usual, i was on the phone with my boyfriend, and my dad came in and thought he was funny as he started mocking us and talking crap about us..
    my boyfriend heard it, and he told me to put him on speaker, just so it isn't a one-way conversation..SHOCKINGLY, my dad started whispering and he eventually stopped talking..

then, after some harsh - but true (and funny) things were said, and about an hour of my dad's quietly sitting in the corner, he decided to go and get his video camera...

he came back and he was recording a video of the "disgrace", and i took the phone off speaker (who's trying to go on youtube?!)
    then, once he had his camera, he started talking his crap again, calling my boyfriend a coward for telling me to take him off speaker...
    so he had fun sitting there, recording for almost two hours, zooming in and out of my face..
    eventually, he was saying stuff that could no longer be ignored, so i put the phone back on speaker..
    so my boyfriend talked, and my dad eventually told him that the conversation has to end, because the camera's battery is dying.......
    and my boyfriend kept talking, and my dad came real close in my face with the camera - still recording - and i was holding the blackberry kind of in the air, so they can hear each other talking..

so i'm holding the phone, and my boyfriend's still talking, my dad's quiet (though he looks mad), and suddenly, he grabs my wrist, and pries the phone from my hand and he..
    SNAPPED IT IN HALF!

i HAVE become addicted, even on the course of two weeks, and now i feel miserable without my blackberry.... i can't even look at the remains of it, all the pieces.. even the mute button flew off somewhere, and a part of the processor did too...

it feels weird being on the computer, i even did my homework on it man...while i listened to the radio.... i don't like opening up gmail to send an email, and i dont like typing on the computer

When does the episode of "cops" air?
    12-22-08 08:49 PM
    i am sorry that happen to you is their any chance the three of you could set down ans talk things out? you didn't say any thing about your mom what is her feeling about what happen is she able to take to your dad ?
    12-22-08 08:53 PM
    Move this down to the Off-Topic forum.....
    12-22-08 08:53 PM

SNAPPED IT IN HALF!

how old are you, no wait how old is your dad? you should have ended the conversation with both (you said yourself they do not like one another) when your father began talkin trash in the first place. I am sorry about your phone however, you played a major role in this.
    12-22-08 09:00 PM
    That Sucks And You Should Make Him Replace It ....
    12-22-08 09:02 PM
    Wow sounds like a Dr. Phil family. Maybe your boyfriend can get you a new bb but there are major issues going on between all 3 of you. Never do speaker phone again lol! Sorry about your loss.
    12-22-08 09:03 PM
    Sorry, but it sounds like your father needs to grow up.
    12-22-08 09:03 PM
    Good thing replacing the Blackberry is relatively straight forward. The rest of it, not so sure. Best of luck with it...
    12-22-08 09:07 PM
    Move this down to the Off-Topic forum.....
    I hate it when stoopid people tell the mods what to do.

"We want the CrackBerry.com forums to be a useful tool. That means in the Help, Discussion and Community forums staying on topic and to the point. But we know that people occasionally have topics on the brain and things to say that are related to something other than their favorite smartphone. For that purpose, we have an Off-Topic forum.

This is the part of the site where CrackBerry.com members can go off-topic and discuss whatever they fancy - politics, sports, blackberrys (even in an off-topic forum real CrackBerrys still want to talk blackberry), celebrity gossip, or the weather. Keep in mind all threads must remain productive and on-topic to the original thread post. Please note that Posts made in the Off Topic Forum Do Not increase your CrackBerry.com Forum Post Count.
    "
    That reads, incase you can't read it, that forum is for things not relating to your favorite smartphone. Thje OP is new, if there is a problem with the post, the mods will move it.
    I like it where it is. Ot isn't specific to any 1 blackberry, rather it is a "blackberry discussion".
    ---

Sorry for the inturruption

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 09:08 PM
    None of my business, but it sounds like you got worse problems than your phone being broken.
    For a strom ill whack either one

When does the episode of "cops" air?
    lol, i dontknow, but my dad threatened to take the video to the cops
    12-22-08 09:09 PM
    Jerry!, Jerry! Jerry!, Jerry!, Jerry!
    12-22-08 09:12 PM
    If it was my phone or even if it my girls phone......Yo dad would be forkin over the $$$$$$ for a brand new 8220 without contract and any court in the US will make him pay it and take anger management classes or throw his tail in jail. Look at this way if he would pry a phone out of your hand and snap it he would slap, hit, beat, or knock you around until you looked like Rocky after he lost a fight.
    Your dad has ISSUES and needs HELP. He also needs a lesson so paying the 500+ for a new Berry will teach him a lesson too.
    12-22-08 09:13 PM
    Jerry!, Jerry! Jerry!, Jerry!, Jerry!
    HAHAHHAHAHAahahahahahhaahah that's funny

12-22-08 09:14 PM
    If it was my phone or even if it my girls phone......Yo dad would be forkin over the $$$$$$ for a brand new 8220 without contract and any court in the US will make him pay it and take anger management classes or throw his tail in jail. Look at this way if he would pry a phone out of your hand and snap it he would slap, hit, beat, or knock you around until you looked like Rocky after he lost a fight.
    Your dad has ISSUES and needs HELP. He also needs a lesson so paying the 500+ for a new Berry will teach him a lesson too.
    lol right after he broke it, he told me how much he regrets it, and how he's scared of my boyfriend, hes gonna get a new phone, or we can fix it
    but the next second he took that back and told me to get out of the house
    12-22-08 09:18 PM
    lol right after he broke it, he told me how much he regrets it, and how he's scared of my boyfriend, hes gonna get a new phone, or we can fix it
    but the next second he took that back and told me to get out of the house
    Did you have somewhere close to go? ..since you ovbiously didn't have a phone to call anyone.

12-22-08 09:20 PM
    is it just me or is something HUGE missing from this story?
    12-22-08 09:22 PM
    Did you have somewhere close to go? ..since you ovbiously didn't have a phone to call anyone.

yeaaa, well i actually ended up staying at a motel, i called a cab fromthe payphone

no phone though
    12-22-08 09:23 PM
    I hate it when stoopid people tell the mods what to do.

"We want the CrackBerry.com forums to be a useful tool. That means in the Help, Discussion and Community forums staying on topic and to the point. But we know that people occasionally have topics on the brain and things to say that are related to something other than their favorite smartphone. For that purpose, we have an Off-Topic forum.

This is the part of the site where CrackBerry.com members can go off-topic and discuss whatever they fancy - politics, sports, blackberrys (even in an off-topic forum real CrackBerrys still want to talk blackberry), celebrity gossip, or the weather. Keep in mind all threads must remain productive and on-topic to the original thread post. Please note that Posts made in the Off Topic Forum Do Not increase your CrackBerry.com Forum Post Count.
    "
    That reads, incase you can't read it, that forum is for things not relating to your favorite smartphone. Thje OP is new, if there is a problem with the post, the mods will move it.
    I like it where it is. Ot isn't specific to any 1 blackberry, rather it is a "blackberry discussion".
    ---

Sorry for the inturruption

Ok, while I respect your right to think I'm "stoopid" this is not a discussion about the blackberry, but rather a dispute between what I assume to be a teenage girl and her father over a broken phone. When people start posting about Cops and Jerry Springer, it's Off-Topic.

Also, I can read, but thanks for the spelling lesson.
    12-22-08 09:29 PM
    Ok, while I respect your right to think I'm "stoopid" this is not a discussion about the blackberry, but rather a dispute between what I assume to be a teenage girl and her father over a broken phone. When people start posting about Cops and Jerry Springer, it's Off-Topic.

Also, I can read, but thanks for the spelling lesson.
    You can't read. It isn't a dispute over a broken phone, it is a story that lead up to the breaking of a WORKING blackberry.
    The story is not a technical inquiry, and if it was I would expect to see it in the forum for the corresponding phone, not the general discussion.
    The op didn't come here top listen to you riding moderators dicks over keeping the topics organized.
    The op came here to vent and hear some feedback.

If you have a problem, pm a mod, you rat

12-22-08 09:39 PM
    is it just me or is something HUGE missing from this story?
    i dontknow, but a couple of pieces that could be missing are..

my dad used to talk crap to my mom about how my boyfriend's a dumb guy, he's a failure, he's worthless, blablablaaa. (it's actually the other way around, my dad's the dumb and irresponsible one)
    he constantly talks crap, he's been doing this for two years, and he's been trying to cut my boyfriend out of the family.
    Now we live on one side of the country, and my bfs on the other.
    My dad was calling my boyfriend a coward because it is impossible for him to come for christmas due to responsibilities around the house(you know how that is.. Especi
    ally when he has his own people he has to deal with right now, no time for vacation).
    My dad won't believe that and continues to say the reason my bf won't come is because he's dumb, and goes on to talk about how RIM will be out of business in 5 years.
    Says he's stupid for believing in RIM. I dunno, my dad is an apple fanboy, thinks pulling email is better than pushing.
    Also thinks anybody pushing email is a dumb, and just scared to switch to a "real" device like the iphone.
    I dunno he's dumb, even says crackberry is a site for little kids and stupid people.. He's still running 3.7OS........
    Last edited by mmmhmmk; 12-22-08 at 10:00 PM.
    12-22-08 09:40 PM
    You can't read. It isn't a dispute over a broken phone, it is a story that lead up to the breaking of a WORKING blackberry.
    The story is not a technical inquiry, and if it was I would expect to see it in the forum for the corresponding phone, not the general discussion.
    The op didn't come here top listen to you riding moderators dicks over keeping the topics organized.
    The op came here to vent and hear some feedback.

If you have a problem, pm a mod, you rat

That's mature.

Ok, I'm not getting in a childish back and forth with you, you kids have fun.
    12-22-08 09:46 PM
    Sounds like you need to tell your dad to quit acting like a baby. Maybe a good slap in the face will set him straight.
    12-22-08 09:52 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD