They don't want to make announcements that will effect sales of current inventories. They will probably go over numbers ad-nausium. If they do make any announcements, I think it will be with regard to BIS/BES enhancements. This is still a strength of theirs and from the look of leaks and rumors, it's looking better and better. I'm also curious whether they'll disclose actual Playbook sales numbers. I'm also willing to bet that the Q&A session is either abbreviated or moderated.
    07-11-11 04:57 PM
    Anything short of Tweedledee and Dumb announcing their resignations will be a disappointment.
    07-11-11 06:19 PM
    Anything short of Tweedledee and Dumb announcing their resignations will be a disappointment.
    You should apply for the job, you seem to know more about the wireless industry than everyone else. I'll vote my shares for you, time to put up or shut up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 07:54 PM
    They don't want to make announcements that will effect sales of current inventories. They will probably go over numbers ad-nausium. If they do make any announcements, I think it will be with regard to BIS/BES enhancements. This is still a strength of theirs and from the look of leaks and rumors, it's looking better and better. I'm also curious whether they'll disclose actual Playbook sales numbers. I'm also willing to bet that the Q&A session is either abbreviated or moderated.
    Not real sure how an announcement would affect the sales of current inventory. The current models are so heavily discounted to move them out of inventory your basically targeting a different market segment than normal users or early movers. Some people want dont want to spen alot on a new phone. The current models I have seen are less than $100 and some places they are $1.00. It brings in consumers that normally don't spend $300+ on a smartphone in the first place.
    07-11-11 09:29 PM
    I have to agree with Charlieo on this one as well, and please see my post above for my reasoning as to why I don't feel an announcement will hurt sales. Unless its us or someone that we know, they will not be in the know about the announcement of upcoming devices because we are the "Addicts" and they just are buying a phone.
    07-12-11 07:15 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD