08-16-11 06:56 AM
    I hope samsung sues apple.
    08-16-11 07:50 AM
    So Samsung engineers could not spot this during the court case but a Dutch web site did?
    Sorry not buying it.
    08-16-11 07:58 AM
    Just like one of the comments in the article says, you'd think they could afford to bring in the ACTUAL products, not rely on sketches from Apple...lol
    08-16-11 08:10 AM
    I bet it happens more that we know. People probably just don't get caught a lot.

Although it is not the same exact thing BUT the Chrysler v General Motors case when the HUMMER "H2" was nearing release was a funny one.

Hmm lets sue a company 10 years after they got started for register trademark infringement and just HOPE that they don't look back the 50 plus years of our existence and find a flaw.

Oops they found out and taught us something about ourselves> Chrysler Execs. LOL
    08-16-11 08:29 AM
    Apple gathered up some execs and said "let's start faking evidence, just to make sure we come out on top. Pull the money counters out of the vault and get them a MacBook running Photoshop. We can do this!" Of course, this is illegal, and risks the dismissal of the entire action for only a minimal benefit, but irrational, misplaced anger doesn't leave room for facts or an appropriately measured response.
    01itr likes this.
    08-16-11 08:47 AM
    So Samsung engineers could not spot this during the court case but a Dutch web site did?
    Sorry not buying it.
    It hasn't gone to court yet. Samsung probably wouldn't see it until it was released as discovery.
    08-16-11 09:07 AM
    Samsung and other Android/Microsoft Hardware suppliers should stop manufacturing for Apple!

Not a question of if....However a matter of when....

Apple is slowly and surely finding many ways to burn many bridges....

Apple will become a victim of it's own ambition.....
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 08-16-11 at 10:34 AM.
    08-16-11 10:29 AM
    Samsung and other Android/Microsoft Hardware suppliers should stop manufacturing for Apple!

Unfortunately they would have to complete their current contracts, and they would stop collecting money on 10's of millions of A5 processor sales and I believe Flash memory too. I think that Apple has already decided to switch to another manufacturer for the next processor. Apple is just too powerful and loaded with cash right now. Even if they burnt every bridge they would just buy the capability to do it in house.
    Last edited by lnichols; 08-16-11 at 10:58 AM.
    08-16-11 10:51 AM
    By cutting off revenue streams from the largest purchaser of chips and components is going to hurt whom?

Apple has already started to move their business elsewhere.
    08-16-11 10:52 AM

Money is the only "bridge" that matters in business.
    lssanjose likes this.
    08-16-11 10:59 AM

Apple has enough money to take care of themselves. They have already found a new manufacturer for their processors. I'm sure they can do the same with everything else.
    08-16-11 10:59 AM
    That's great....Why haven't they then?

The delay of the iPad 3 supports your claim......I roll my eyes!
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 08-16-11 at 01:33 PM.
    08-16-11 11:44 AM
    That's great....Why haven't they then?

The delay of the iPad 3 supports you claim......I roll my eyes!
    Why haven't they then? Oh, I don't know, maybe they just haven't had a need to? All I said was that they probably can. I am not an exec at Apple. I don't know why they haven't or if they will.

Roll your eyes all day bro. Your sarcasm adds nothing to the discussion.
    08-16-11 12:06 PM
    The delay of the iPad 3 supports you claim......I roll my eyes!
    You're referring to the "delay" of an unannounced product, a product which was refreshed 5 months ago? Is that the best you can do?
    melb_me likes this.
    08-16-11 12:46 PM
    You're referring to the "delay" of an unannounced product, a product which was refreshed 5 months ago?
    Exactly. I had to sit and read how many countless drivel posts about how the PB and/or Bold Touch and/or Torch 2 werent delayed because Mike L was referring to Q1 fiscal year, or how he didn't really mean 90 days for native email, or how a late August release was technically summer..therefor still within the guideframes for release dates..lol

As we've all heard before..how can something be delayed when it hasn't been announced yet
    08-16-11 01:29 PM
    Exactly. I had to sit and read how many countless drivel posts about how the PB and/or Bold Touch and/or Torch 2 werent delayed because Mike L was referring to Q1 fiscal year, or how he didn't really mean 90 days for native email, or how a late August release was technically summer..therefor still within the guideframes for release dates..lol

As we've all heard before..how can something be delayed when it hasn't been announced yet

The above is why Steve Jobs doesn't appear on conference calls to explain poor results by calling his product "aging." Unfortunately, when your co-CEO makes statements like this about unannounced products, bad things happen:

"…we’re calling BlacKBerry 6.1 “BlackBerry 7″ because it’s such an upgrade from 6 and, you know, it’s a huge upgrade for us. There’s liquid graphics, a hugely enhanced browser and web browsing experience, there’s a smooth and fluid touchscreen interface, graphics acceleration for gaming and faster hardware, higher memory and improved battery life."

Read More: RIM Updates Q1 Guidance, Co-CEO Jim Balsillie Confirms BlackBerry 6.1 Now Known As BlackBerry 7 | BlackBerryRocks.com RIM Updates Q1 Guidance, Co-CEO Jim Balsillie Confirms BlackBerry 6.1 Now Known As BlackBerry 7 | BlackBerryRocks.com

or this:

"Our higher-end products are aging…and that’s affecting margins…and sell-through, particularly in the United States and Latin America."

RIM Co-CEO Balsillie Blames Lowered Outlook on Aging Product Line - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD

After hearing things like the above, people feel free to criticize "delays" in your unannounced products, since those "delays" are getting in the way of revenue according to your co-CEO.
    08-16-11 01:46 PM
    Just to be fair, because I don't like Apple's corporate or courtroom behavior, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty. Still, I will never buy any of apple's products because I feel they are the new Microsoft that killed so many innovative companies in the past.
    08-16-11 02:01 PM
    The only thing I don't like about apple suing everyone is that this would be like mercedes suing every car manufacterer because they used a steering wheel or car seats. I personally don't believe these suits have any merits for saying the copied "icons".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 12:52 AM
    Just FYI, Samsung was not represented at the hearing - so no, they wouldn't have been able to comment about the altered picture. Further information available here - Apple Blocks Sales Of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 In EU, Motorola’s Xoom Next? | TechCrunch

If provable, I would be suing Apple for damages.
    08-17-11 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD