Let me start by saying this. I have used an iPhone. I sold it after 3 weeks of use. When the iPhone came out in June of 07 it was just a touch screen phone with a really enjoyable multimedia player. It had a browser and it was able to do some email (even though it was lacking true MS exchange support which is very important to me personally) Other than that it was nothing special. It seemed to lack basic features that one would expect from most other phones available at that time.

I now have an 2g iPod Touch which I love. I use it as a PDA more than I use my BB. So since I am now part of the Apple family in a sense I tend to follow the iPhone news because everything that comes to the iPhone comes to my Touch. So I read this article and I got pretty fired up. Don't waste your time clicking my link I'll just summarize it for you. The title is: Five Ways Apple's iPhone OS 3.0 Upgrade Will Improve Your Mobile Life. Here are the reasons:

-Cut, copy and paste
    -Multimedia messaging
    -Bluetooth, unlocked
    -Voice Memo
    -Search

Now, you're probably reading this thinking," This looks like a list of features found on the free MOTO RZR that I gave to my grandmother for Christmas last year, but that is where you're mistaken. Yes this list is all the ways that Apple is "revolutionizing" the mobile community by giving its users capabilities that every phone has had since the year 2002. This is what got me going enough to write a nerd raging post on Crackberry. Apple is able to S out a product with multiple flaws, limited features, all with an abnormally high price tag and no insurance, and we are all supposed to be blown away when they, after 2 1/2 years, add these basic features to their device? /golfclap...

Anyway if you've managed to make it all the way through this little rant the a applaud you. Again don't take this the wrong way. I think the iPhone is great, but please do not expect me to be impressed by these things. All I can think about when Apple announces things like this is how angry I was when i first realized these things were missing in the first place. Its June 07 all over again. Sosa is juicing and I'm about to put my iPhone in a juicer.
    03-18-09 06:29 PM
    Apple Makes A Phone?!
    03-18-09 06:46 PM
    Remember it is a pretty iPod with a Cellphone antenna, and because it has the apple and Macs are the must have elite things. Well is just sells itself without much work.

Still would love to have side-by-side with my storm. I like all the apps it has
    03-18-09 07:22 PM
    HA I'm going to get an iphone this summer!
    motha ****assssss!
    03-18-09 07:26 PM
    a buddy of mine has an iphone, i have to admit there are times i think about jumping ship
    03-18-09 07:42 PM
    HA I'm going to get an iphone this summer!
    motha ****assssss!
    sure ambz-just leave us why dont ya!! LOL
    03-18-09 08:05 PM
    My buddy (2 actually) have the iPhone. I really like all the free stuff you can get for them. Seems like most Blackberry apps are pay apps. But I do enjoy my Blackberry all the same.

But I can understand the frustrations regarding the missing basic stuff. That's one reason I stayed away from them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:10 PM
    I played with it a lot and love it. But still prefer the storm overall

03-18-09 08:18 PM
    I haven't really used the iphone much but I have used apple's computers.... I don't think it should be legal to go on tv and say pc's are only good for spreadsheets and calculator... My pc loads up everything. I was using a mac and trying to watch stuff online, oh well its the wrong video format. Oh you have to dl this. You can't play this game its only compatable for pc. You can dl a pc emulator... Omfg. So you buy a 2500$ mac and load a microsoft os on it? What does that tell people?

if that's the job they do on their computer I could only imagine the technology in their phone....

03-19-09 11:10 AM
    Remember it is a pretty iPod with a Cellphone antenna, and because it has the apple and Macs are the must have elite things. Well is just sells itself without much work.

Still would love to have side-by-side with my storm. I like all the apps it has
    This is pretty much it. Apple has perfected the art making a tech-noob feel like they have the expertise of a software engineer. Apple has managed to dupe its customers into thinking they're not a company out to make money, but rather a really big organization that just wants to make people happy and cool. You've got to give them props for that; it's working afterall.
    03-19-09 02:54 PM
    Apple Makes A Phone?!
    This.

Both my parents use the iPhone and I loath it. Maybe I'm being foolish, but I think once the BB App store gets rolling not one of us will regret not having the iPhone. Just my $.02
    03-20-09 12:38 AM
    I cant stand the iphone as a phone... apple makes great iPods but the iPhone is a joke
    03-20-09 05:03 AM
    I spent the day yesterday showing a friend of mine what his new BlackBerry can do and he was amazed. Cutting, pasting email. He was blown away. Another convert from the apple family.

03-20-09 06:12 AM
    I spent the day yesterday showing a friend of mine what his new BlackBerry can do and he was amazed. Cutting, pasting email. He was blown away. Another convert from the apple family.

hey well ask him if i can have his iphone??
    i'll get getting that set up probably in august.
    UNLESS verizon has the 9630 by then...then I might just say eff the iphone.
    geez idk, my bb and mac don't play well together so that's why I'm pushing for an iphone.
    03-20-09 07:38 AM
    Why don't you buy a pc and keep the blackberry? Then you can have 2 top of the line pieces of technology

03-21-09 10:24 AM
    because i LOVE my mac and i like the iphones.
    but i do love my BB.
    03-21-09 10:51 AM
    So, lemme get this straight...the iPhone is now gonna be able to do all the things Blackberry's can do. Now how are we gonna justify that BBs are superior? Oh yeah, we still have themes!
    03-23-09 06:22 AM
    iphones have themes too buddy.
    03-23-09 06:49 AM
    Pfft... Iphone... I hope somebody would shoot me if I ever considered buying one. A fun toy for little kids maybe. But Apple can't keep up with blackberry

03-23-09 10:07 AM
    I CANNOT WAIT TO GET MY IPHONE!
    is someone going to shoot me? over a phone? haha really come on now! I'm about to be 20...I'm not a child...I pay my own bills, yet I want one!

People should think before they go typing away like an idio t.
    03-23-09 10:15 AM
    Oh no, nobody will shoot you. I mean... Who would shoot you to get your phone? Peice of junk. I was saying I hope someone shoots me if I consider wasting that much money in one go.

Your young, you probably don't understand the idea of a "smart phone". It's okay, you go get your little toy.

People should think before wasting money... Kids right? Pfft :P No concept
    03-23-09 02:02 PM
    i think "thinkamp" is a little challenged, i mean, i like mac and all, i own one myself, but id never buy an i phone now, here in canada they went with rodgers!! j e s u s c h r i s t , the most ******** provider in canada, it was like a slap in the face man, though if it went with telus i would have been all over it....
    03-23-09 02:53 PM
    Pfft... Iphone... I hope somebody would shoot me if I ever considered buying one. A fun toy for little kids maybe. But Apple can't keep up with blackberry

Apple is doing pretty good for basically two phones in the game. I wonder how well BB did with their 1st ever phone?

Anyone know what that was? What model or anything? I would like to check it out.
    03-23-09 03:47 PM
    Oh they are doing well as far as sales go... But then again the genius that thought of "snuggies" is rolling in millions of dollars right now. It doesn't change the fact that Apple's phones don't compete in technology. I didn't even know they didn't have bluetooth... What a basic feature. Every phone I've owned has had bluetooth.
    03-23-09 03:52 PM
    Oh they are doing well as far as sales go... But then again the genius that thought of "snuggies" is rolling in millions of dollars right now. It doesn't change the fact that Apple's phones don't compete in technology. I didn't even know they didn't have bluetooth... What a basic feature. Every phone I've owned has had bluetooth.

So what am I using to connect to my Jawbone headset?

I understand not liking a product but to bash when you don't even know the basic features it has.....?
    03-23-09 04:18 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD