11-29-15 01:10 PM
    hahahaha busted
    11-29-15 01:16 PM
    lol. He's facetiming with Alicia Keys.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    11-29-15 01:41 PM
    lol. He's facetiming with Alicia Keys.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    She's singing her new hit...a remix of old.

"This dude is so FIRRRRED.....This dude is so fired!

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    11-29-15 01:49 PM
    I suppose you are free to do what you want (like buy a La Ferrari) but I have never seen Jeff Gordon drink a Coke or Vettel drink a Red Bull lately. I say you dance with the girl that brung ya.
    11-29-15 05:06 PM
    Nice spotting. Well he can afford it.
    11-29-15 05:14 PM
    I think he won't use a Priv.
    Good man.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-29-15 06:08 PM
    BlackBerry should do something seriosuly

The same thing I saw in BlackBerry store in Dubai mall. Really hits my nerves. I can't imagine if I own a company and I hire or sponsor people and then they use a different product than the one I offer. Fffffffffffffffff

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:18 PM
    Reason number 17 why I have zero respect for this guy:
    Zero respect seems a little harsh, doesn't it? He's an extremely talented driver who has worked very hard for what he has achieved. I spent time recently with an Indy driver who was a childhood friend of Lewis and grew up in karting with him. Things weren't handed to either of them.

And he did not sign a personal endorsement deal with BlackBerry. It's the team that signed a sponsorship deal. That's a different arrangement. Lewis does what he is required to do wrt to the sponsorship as an employee of the team. What phone he chooses to use on his own time, though, is his own business.
    11-29-15 06:19 PM
    Zero respect seems a little harsh, doesn't it? He's an extremely talented driver who has worked very hard for what he has achieved. I spent time recently with an Indy driver who was a childhood friend of Lewis and grew up in karting with him. Things weren't handed to either of them.

And he did not sign a personal endorsement deal with BlackBerry. It's the team that signed a sponsorship deal. That's a different arrangement. Lewis does what he is required to do wrt to the sponsorship as an employee of the team. What phone he chooses to use on his own time, though, is his own business.
    When he's at home yeah he does whatever the F*** he wants. But at show time when he is representing his employer he MUST use the phone of the company sponsoring his employer.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:23 PM
    When he's at home yeah he does whatever the F*** he wants. But at show time when he is representing his employer he MUST use the phone of the company sponsoring his employer.

Posted via CB10
    I might agree if he himself had a personal endorsement deal here. But I don't believe he has any obligation beyond doing the appearances/ads and wearing the logo on his uniform. He does those things.

I think people make too much of this sponsorship. BlackBerry pays to have their logo pasted onto the cars, uniforms and headsets. They also get Lewis and Nico in ads. That's it. It's nothing deeper than that. It's BB now, next year it could be Amazon with their name on there. It makes no difference to the team. It's just money to help finance the team.

Lewis, for his own personal use, prefers to use an iPhone. That's up to him.
    Tre Lawrence and Jerry A like this.
    11-29-15 06:31 PM
    Zero respect based upon device usage. Not personality, or behavior, or any other human qualities.

Interesting.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-29-15 06:41 PM
    I might agree if he himself had a personal endorsement deal here. But I don't believe he has any obligation beyond doing the appearances/ads and wearing the logo on his uniform. He does those things.

I think people make too much of this sponsorship. BlackBerry pays to have their logo pasted onto the cars, uniforms and headsets. They also get Lewis and Nico in ads. That's it. It's nothing deeper than that. It's BB now, next year it could be Amazon with their name on there. It makes no difference to the team. It's just money to help finance the team.

Lewis, for his own personal use, prefers to use an iPhone. That's up to him.
    For some folks, the car sponsorship entails BBRY tattoos on his firstborn.
    tryfe, 00stryder and eldricho like this.
    11-29-15 06:43 PM
    BlackBerry should do something seriosuly

The same thing I saw in BlackBerry store in Dubai mall. Really hits my nerves. I can't imagine if I own a company and I hire or sponsor people and then they use a different product than the one I offer. Fffffffffffffffff

Posted via CB10
    Yep. If he's under contract he should be reprimanded for this. This kid needs to have a talking to.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    11-29-15 06:47 PM
    Well, for some reason I thought he actually liked his BlackBerry lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    11-29-15 07:01 PM
    You whiners need to get a life.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 07:05 PM

Zero respect as a person. Yes he is a talented driver. But let's just say that the extra $30 mil a year or so that Blackberry has given them was worth a second a lap worth of development. How about he shows his spnsers a little respect. Yeah, it is not the end of the world but he could be a bit grateful. So yeah, I lost what little respect I had left for him.
    11-29-15 10:48 PM

Posted via CB10

Actually, everybody needs to lighten up. I didn't care at all but as someone who respects my business partners, I would never do this to any of them. Overall, I thought this was more humerous than anything.
    11-29-15 10:54 PM
    I did some quick, nonbinding research, and it seems clear to me that sponsoring a team does not mean the driver is personally sponsored. I believe BlackBerry has contracted him to do appearances, but these are quite expensive.

I'm also under the impression that he isn't required to use a BlackBerry device, and may even be compensated quite well to occasionally use a BB phone on on social networks.

To cut a long story short, he most likely has done nothing wrong or even unethical.
    11-29-15 11:14 PM
    More food for thought: Puma sponsors his team, and he rocks Adidas.

If Puma doesn't want him to, it can offer to pay him to wear its shoes on his PERSONAL time.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-29-15 11:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to Crackberry.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    11-29-15 11:38 PM
    Reason number 17 why I have zero respect for this guy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	382536
    When Hamilton signed his contract extension this year, his contract included clauses which allow him to wear/use brands(on off time) even if they naturally would conflict with the interest of Petronas sponsors. He also receives a percentage of revenue from his clothing brand within Mercedes. This would explain why he was able to purchase and drive rival super cars like P1 and LaFerrari.
    Jerry A likes this.
    11-30-15 07:39 PM
    Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    12-07-15 11:02 AM
    FACEPALM

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 11:34 AM
    It's BB now, next year it could be Amazon with their name on there. It makes no difference to the team.
    I think next year the Android Droid will be on the racers.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    12-07-15 02:26 PM