I have the need to check and clear all notifications as soon as they come in. I never have unread messages in any email inbox. I check each app (FB, CB, IG, BBM, Twitter, whatever) for new posts on a very regular basis. I can't stand knowing there is something I need to know and don't know it yet.

At this point, nothing keeps me from getting work done, but I do find myself needing to clear the notification from my phone if I have read the message on my laptop just to get the red light to stop flashing. As if the ActiveSync is just too slow. I see the screen shots other CB users post with multiple notifications each having dozens of unread messages and it makes me cringe a bit.

I am actually being serious here. I'm hoping someone else here in "rehab" has dealt with this before and might be able to give me some tips for how to let go a bit.

With my job as a Project Manager for large-scale software installations, I always have to be reachable as people are often waiting on a response for me to move forward on work. Is there any hope?
    Last edited by gkl; 05-09-14 at 10:48 AM.
    05-09-14 02:51 AM
    I'm the same. Need to clear notifications as soon as I can. Bugs me if I don't lol
    05-09-14 06:46 AM
    You might have come to the wrong place for answers on this one lol

I'm the same way, can't stand knowing there's a notification that I haven't cleared yet.
    05-09-14 06:57 AM
    Serious: How do you not constantly check?-img_20140509_232511.png

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 12:25 AM
    Welcome to rehab.
    Me too. We are the BlackBerry people..
    Never miss a beat.

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    05-10-14 12:59 AM
    You need professional help my friend. No normal person has the need to keep checking their phones.

No one cares if you "cringe"

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 08:03 AM
    I had to change the notification settings so that only the accounts that were most urgent to me allowed the red light to flash. For me only text messages and bbm get a led flash. For Email, Facebook, etc there is no notification at all. This kept me from checking my phone quite a bit. Worked for me.

Posted via the almighty Z
    05-10-14 08:22 AM
    I have the need to check and clear all notifications as soon as they come in. I never have unread messages in any email inbox. I check each app (FB, CB, IG, BBM, Twitter, whatever) for new posts on a very regular basis. I can't stand knowing there is something I need to know and don't know it yet ... I see the screen shots other CB users post with multiple notifications each having dozens of unread messages and it makes me cringe a bit ... With my job as a Project Manager for large-scale software installations, I always have to be reachable as people are often waiting on a response for me to move forward on work ...
    It may be that you have your BlackBerry configured so that most of your notifications and incoming communications are important, and that's why you want to check them. Some people with many unread messages might have their phones configured (by choice or out of ignorance) to sync and deliver every spam email and junk communication from every account; they're used to getting mostly junk, so they don't even bother to look.
    05-10-14 09:49 AM
    I check them as soon as they come in. I won't necessarily clear them all.

Being able to check messages from the lock screen is so clutch! I'll check, if it's important I'll open it, but if it doesn't garner any immediate attention that red light stops flashing.

Posted via a flick of my thumb
    05-11-14 09:29 PM
    Uh ..... ocd?
    Just sayin it might be that.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 09:52 PM
    OP, Lessen what you have on your phone like Facebook and Twitter. I personally only do text and email. I am like you though, I don't like to have unread emails.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 04:36 AM