The doctor didn't gave him his BB. For me it was enough to have a second stroke
    01-25-12 02:36 AM
    How long was he under? Maybe he thinks it's 2007. Someone tell the man there are Android now.
    I'd be asking for my BB and not my Atrix. Because I'd immediately want to let all my BBM contacts know that I was OK. With no data charges to any of us. Most of my loved ones are on BBM.

Way to go, Chrisy....taking a fun story about a senator and a BB and turning it into a BB vs. Android. Just *had* to do it, eh?
    01-25-12 04:13 AM
    Get over yourself. Called a joke. I like and use all platforms.
    01-25-12 05:39 AM
    Sometimes even jokes derail threads.
    01-25-12 06:07 AM
    Oh the horror. Back on topic then. Your post was off as well.

It was a joke. If you notice, the BlackBerry "fans(boys)" can't let it go. They had to comment after. :/

Back on topic:

Wow! Yay! He asked for BlackBerry! Awesome! Woohoo.

Better?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-25-12 at 06:16 AM.
    LuckyDad likes this.
    01-25-12 06:12 AM
    I'm seeing a comming thing in these threads that get derailed.
    01-25-12 06:31 AM
    You're obsessed with derailment! Lol. Train fan?
    01-25-12 06:37 AM
    I'm just calling it as I see it. I'm sure many agree but don't want to get bullied but I'll stop. Keep making your jokes and derailing threads.
    01-25-12 06:41 AM
    Jokes are usually funny.
    01-25-12 06:57 AM
    I just read about that this morning and wondered if it would be posted here.

I know I would have asked for my BlackBerry, easier to use one handed.

On a side note, strokes scare me. One claimed my dad at 45, and my maternal grandfather at 85.
    Best wishes to the Senator on his recovery.
    01-25-12 08:04 AM
    On a side note, strokes scare me. One claimed my dad at 45, and my maternal grandfather at 85.
    Best wishes to the Senator on his recovery.
    Yea, I don't even want to think about it. My cousin had a debilitating one at 33 years old. His father (my uncle) died of one at age 38.
    01-25-12 08:22 AM
    You may consider it a joke. I found it to be a passive aggressive dig, either at the senator or, more likely given your recent "Android is king" post history, a jab at BB devices for not being as current.
    I call it as I see it. I parrticularly point out passive aggressive jabs because they're difficult to answer to. And the most skilfull passive aggressive jabs and taunts will in fact take a fun, inocuous story and turn it into a bash.
    As a former mod, I'm sure you're familiar with the kind of post I'm speaking of.
    grover5, mjs416 and SnoozerBold like this.
    01-25-12 08:34 AM
    Damn shame, when a thread that could be filled with heartfelt comments, wishing the Senator well, along with some lighthearted humor, turns into another craptastic heap.

God bless Senator Kirk, may he have a speedy recovery.

The evil doctor on the other hand, who refused the Senator's request, well..........
    pkcable likes this.
    01-25-12 09:13 AM
    After suffering a stroke and undergoing emergency surgery, the doctor says he's better than expected, asking for his Blackberry.
    I heard "BlackBerry" was his mistress, but it was on TMZ so it's probably not true.
    Lead_Express likes this.
    01-25-12 10:06 AM
    I heard "BlackBerry" was his mistress, but it was on TMZ so it's probably not true.
    Sounds exotic...

I call my mistress "grapefruit smoothie".
    01-25-12 11:11 AM
    Sounds exotic...

I call my mistress "grapefruit smoothie".
    starts out tart and ends up sweet?????
    01-25-12 11:37 AM
    Sounds like the Senator needs BlackBerry Rehab!!!!! Since we seem to want to keep this thread lighthearted and fun and not treat this as serious news, I have moved it to CB Rehab. No more reports please and mind our rules!
    01-25-12 12:16 PM
    How long was he under? Maybe he thinks it's 2007. Someone tell the man there are Android now.

I definitely lol'd at that I think you guys took chrissy the wrong way...... The joke was, a US Senator using an android phone, when it's debatable they are secure enough for even the general public to use

At least that was my take on it
    01-26-12 01:18 PM
    That's mad! I'd probably do the same! I'd be like where my flipping blackberry I need bbm I need my emails!!! Argh! Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-27-12 10:22 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD