Hey everyone... Hope this is a good spot for my post.

I was looking to sell my Tour online but wasn't very familiar with the whole Ebay process. So I did a google search and found a site called Sellyourcell.com. They gave me a quote and I was happy with it so I went through the process and they sent me a box. I sent them the box back and got an email saying they would inspect it and everything. I then got an email saying that my check was in the mail and I should receive it in 5 business days. (I got the email on Aug. 13th so there's still time for it to arrive...)

Since I figured that went smoothly enough I was looking into selling my iPod touch the same way through an online site. But as I was looking for a site to sell it, I found multiple references to Sellyourcell.com being a scam site. I read things about people not getting their check at all, that the phone number and address are bogus, and that they would say the phone was in far less condition than it was sent in.

I'm sorry if I rambled a bit but was curious if anyone had gone through them at all recently and if so, what the outcome was. I'm kinda young and inexperienced about some online stuff and I'm thinking that this may be a learning experience that has been learned "the hard way". I'm afraid that I won't be able to even get back my device if the check doesn't come. Just my rant and question if anyone had any input.

Thanks...
    08-17-10 02:25 PM
    08-17-10 03:18 PM
    I actually use gazelle.com to sell my electronics for cash; I have sold several cell phones, a gps, and a portable sirius radio through them. It is a legitimate site.
    08-17-10 03:26 PM
    I saw that too... Thanks.

Makes me nervous. I figured it was a bad sign whenever I type in "Sellyourcell" in a search box today and the suggestions included "Sellyourcell scam" and "Sellyourcell.com problems"

Hopefully it works out for me. If not, it was definitely a learning experience and maybe others will see this and be informed.
    08-17-10 03:33 PM
    Just to update everyone...

My check came today for the full amount quoted. I checked the mail today and felt like I dodged a huge bullet. Definitely a learning experience... I doubt I'll ever do anything like that again.

So with some extra cash in my pocket I'm going to be on the lookout for a new Blackberry. Can't wait...
    08-18-10 01:10 PM
    Glad to hear it turned out good! The company had some negative reviews but there wasn't a flood... so hard to know sometimes when you deal from afar.
    08-18-10 01:26 PM
    Just to update everyone...

My check came today for the full amount quoted. I checked the mail today and felt like I dodged a huge bullet. Definitely a learning experience... I doubt I'll ever do anything like that again.

So with some extra cash in my pocket I'm going to be on the lookout for a new Blackberry. Can't wait...
    As long as the check doesn't hit the wall on ya..
    08-22-10 09:48 AM
    As long as the check doesn't hit the wall on ya..
    I was definitely worried about that... thankfully all was well. I definitely learned my lesson even though it all worked out.
    08-22-10 06:41 PM
    So the bottom line was that SellYourCell.com was not a scam and the process went very smoothly. You didn't dodge a bullet, but you used a good reputable service. I am the owner of SellYourCell.com a site that has been around since 2004. I bought the company in April, 2010. We pride ourselves on our customer service. The site did have some service problems in the past due to high volumes but was never a scam. Thanks for using SellYourCell and hopefully you will use us again. I promise that you will have the same positive experience you had the first time!
    12-21-10 12:07 PM
    Sorry for the double post but I should also mention the obvious. You can't, unfortunately please 100% of your customers, and the internet makes it easy for someone to publicly complain. The problem is that they complain with only their side of the story. I would be concerned if you see a lot of complaints about a company on the internet but if you only see a few and you also see positive comments, I wouldn't worry. Thanks again for using us!
    12-21-10 12:10 PM
    Lol, how much will you send me for a 8330 with a cracked screen (replacement included) and a touchy trackball?
    12-21-10 01:48 PM
    I'm kinda young and inexperienced about some online stuff and I'm thinking that this may be a learning experience that has been learned "the hard way".
    well DO NOT order the pills that say you can gain 3-4"...down there. just saying.....
    12-22-10 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD