I think the more blatant racist remarks were deleted by the Mods. I have not seen them, nor care to. If there are truly racist remarks made by this user, I hope the right thing is done.
    If there were racist remarks, wouldnt she had been banned for them? She obviously wasnt.. Something doesnt add up. Maybe their just rumors?
    07-29-09 08:51 PM
    If there were racist remarks, wouldnt she had been banned for them? She obviously wasnt.. Something doesnt add up. Maybe their just rumors?
    I agree. I abhor racism and people who male racist comment and I won't waste time in calling them out. I'd like to think that the mods would act the same way!

As you say, something here doesn't add up...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by A�aric; 07-29-09 at 09:00 PM.
    07-29-09 08:57 PM
    WOW!!!! I miss a few days and I come back to find out that all my fav theme makers are leaving because of some racist remarks. It's ridiculous that she isn't banned. I'm with pink, it just doesn't add up. Hopefully I'll be able to follow all the great free theme makers to wherever they may go. Good luck to all of them and I just hate that one ignorant person has to ruin it for the rest of us.
    07-29-09 09:00 PM

I have a feeling something is up with the themers.. maybe emarsha told them she was racist to get points? bc im sure racism isnt accepted by the mods.. I dont know..
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 07-29-09 at 09:05 PM. Reason: content
    07-29-09 09:01 PM
    ...and another thing about the whole "three strikes" rule (other than I hate it): If I show up late for work, I get warned and I have a few more times to get warned...then I'm out. Even then, that's good of an employer to do that. They don't have to.

However, if I come in and decide I wanna cuss out my boss, I don't get another two times to do that. I'm out.

Now, forum discipline should be closer to work environment practices, than to a baseball game.
    07-29-09 09:04 PM

I have a feeling something is up with the themers.. maybe emarsha told them she was racist to get points? bc im sure racism isnt accepted by the mods.. I dont know..
    You see, why come and post in here to stir things up? Am I really that low of a person to cry racism for points? Why would I need points?

I started this thread to say au revoir, it was not meant to start trouble. If you don't see my reasons for leaving, Im not asking you too.
    07-29-09 09:07 PM
    I still want to hear BOTH sides of this story....
    07-29-09 09:08 PM
    So, to add to my Bizarro assertion, one of my posts has disappeared. Now, I truly am done with this thread before I disappear as well.
    07-29-09 09:08 PM
    As for action taken by moderators, it's case by case. At Crackberry you have three strikes. After those three strike you will face a account suspension based on the severity of the violation.... As personal attacks, foul langauge, off topic posts, thread hijacking, etc. They all are a infraction against your account.
    i would guess that this user had 3 strikes i seen 2 of here posts get removed, on separate occasions in about 45 minutes last night, just a hunch she had at least one more post deleted over the last week i actually see her posts deleted often after one of the so called arguments so i think a ban regardless the length was due
    07-29-09 09:09 PM
    You see, why come and post in here to stir things up?.
    Doesn't the accused have a right to face his/her accuser? She's been labelled a racist. Seems to me fair that she has a chance to ask why.
    07-29-09 09:12 PM
    You see, why come and post in here to stir things up? Am I really that low of a person to cry racism for points? Why would I need points?

I started this thread to say au revoir, it was not meant to start trouble. If you don't see my reasons for leaving, Im not asking you too.
    My last point: Stick around. If you thought enough to make a thread, I would think you do not really want to go. Stay. However, if you truly feel the need to go, then exit stage right and be done with it. Don't let anyone harsh your mellow.
    07-29-09 09:13 PM
    First off, the plight of MLK and other African Americans for civil rights shouldn't even be compared.

Second, one person made a rude comment on here that was egged on and now there's an uproar and people leaving. Are we really starting to take things that seriously from people that we've never met on a computer? No matter what the mods did, they did what was right for their site as always. But that entire argument could have been avoided had one person refrained from commenting back. Its all ridiculous.
    07-29-09 09:16 PM
    Other than ashabee, no body tried to calm the arguement down maturely. Instead, what alot of you did was join in, and instigate the problem even more, so that def. didnt help. Just saying..

We see your IP, no secrets here.

You see, why come and post in here to stir things up? Am I really that low of a person to cry racism for points? Why would I need points? ...
    Yea... you get that, from random strangers.

07-29-09 09:18 PM

lololol...i'd like to point out that i guessed this a long time ago.

Moral of the story is, don't let a psycho ruin your fun on CB. lol.
    07-29-09 09:22 PM
    Reed, you are making me into a liar because I said I was leaving this thread for mellow times. Yet, I am intrigued by this photoshare here. Am I reading that correctly?
    07-29-09 09:23 PM

chantel, you sure aren't making this easy on yourself.
    07-29-09 09:25 PM
    lololol...i'd like to point out that i guessed this a long time ago.

Moral of the story is, don't let a psycho ruin your fun on CB. lol.
    Well, I feel like a donkey because I totally missed it. If I am not mistaken, is this not against the rules?
    07-29-09 09:25 PM
    Well, I feel like a donkey because I totally missed it. If I am not mistaken, is this not against the rules?
    Having two accounts? I'm not sure, i don't believe so...
    07-29-09 09:27 PM
    Yes. Same IP. Troll isn't bright enough to use a proxy.

07-29-09 09:27 PM
    I don't post much so many people don't know me, and though this may just stir the pot some more, I'm still going to make my point. I am a huge advocate against racism (I could go on forever on my stances) but no matter where you go unfortunately you will almost always face it. It is unfortunate and no one should have to deal with it, but the way to deal with it is not to run/walk/leave. You and all of the other theme builders who are leaving are standing up for what you believe in, but while doing so are putting so many other people out in the process. The way to stop racism or what ever other indecencies are in the world is to stand up against it, not turn and go elsewhere you don't think you'll face it. Work with the moderators, continue to push your stance and work to rid CrackBerry one by one of people who don't deserve this priviledge. If you are leaving just to find a more peaceful place on the internet, I fear you will only continue to move and those who love your work will be without.
    07-29-09 09:28 PM

I'll keep that in mind if ever I'm up to no good Lol
    07-29-09 09:30 PM

Well, that about does it for me. Thanks Reed.
    07-29-09 09:31 PM
    Come on people! Can't we all just get along? Don't make me break out my "mod stick!"

07-29-09 09:32 PM
    Come on people! Can't we all just get along? Don't make me break out my "mod stick!"

Please do! >
    07-29-09 09:34 PM

Yea... you get that, from random strangers.

Reed, YOU ROCK. MARRY ME!
    07-29-09 09:39 PM
253 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD