Hmmmm...interesting. First off, there have been a few other CB members who have made some racist comments, and they're still here. People who live in glass houses...well, you know the rest.

Racist comments, as well as harrassment of any kind should be grounds for immediate and permanent...banning. There's no other way to say it. Those who knew what was going on and didn't report it are guilty, as well.

Everyone should be able to interact peacefully. Yes, we will always have the "garden-variety" jerks among us, but even they know when to crawl back under the rock, for a moment. We can ignore those folk. There are others, who have no internal radar that says, "I've gone too far south...I need to find my way back". I read the OP's posts, and it's clear as day that she has no intention of behaving like a decent human being. Those folk can't be worked with. They need to go.

Now, this situation is not the same as the earlier turmoil, with certain CB members poised and positioned to lead a CB uprising, because they couldn't use profanity/obscenity. This is much weightier, and much more serious. It needs to be dealt with swiftly, and it needs to be addressed PUBLICLY.
    Agreed 100% and if you can think back far enough I put a post up that I was done with crack berry for the same reasons that MrT and Marsha standing up against. Now with that being said I talked to Adam and Ken and I know where the mods stand and where I stand. A few of us cried for freedom to say what we want, when we want and this is a prim example of why some moderation is 100% needed. Not I have never said and thing racist nor sexist ( in my eyes ) but some of remarks were taken that way. And like you said people who refuse to listen cannot be dealt with. And that is why I'm still here, the mods have listened to a voice that was quite, go to a voice that was loud and clear. And I listened to the voice of reason, and equality

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 07:25 PM
    you may have missed it, but it is more then Emarsha's void. The lack of proper moderation in a matter regarding racism has made the 8900 theme forum lose a HUGE chunk of the free theme makers. Yes, there was a back and forth exchange between the two involved for a while, if warnings were not issued, they should have. Again, mods not doing what they need to. But last night emarsha did nothing to provoke the attack and even after emarsha refused to play her game, laurenchantel continued to disrespect emarsha and her family. The mods know D A M N well that the comment were way beyond the normal disagreement and it should have been better handled.

Aren't we all glad that Martin Luther King Jr didn't ignore racism like Crackberry does?
    07-29-09 07:29 PM
    Contributing members who in this case are theme builders would have been
    completely satisfied with a ban of the person no matter if the person makes
    another username or not. I think it's easier to just pander to the people that
    contribute and sacrificing one person (in this case a racist with not that many
    posts) on their behalf. More simple than all this.

I don't know. Much easier than all this chaos. But again, it's not my site.
    Makes sense to me.

07-29-09 07:40 PM
    2-3 months ago allot of the theme creators got upset with the Paid vs Free themes being posted. Allot went down and it was settled. Mistakes happen and things changed for the better with marking free or paid themes now... That was done and over with.

Then a about 3-4 weeks ago. Users started taking the fun out of the theme section and bashing one of another and turning it into serious competition. Moderators have discussed this with allot of you on the reasoning why things need to chill out. If you don't like something, don't call the world out.... We have also said about not posting... Using the report button for posts that are against TOS( This does not include someone getting you upset) or you do not agree with something that was said.. It's the internet but we have to maintain some control...

As far as the reporting system, every and I mean every report that comes in ALL MODS look at it. But reporting one after another does not get it settled any faster. Some of you have abused the system and were warned about it. Just cause someone looked at you the wrong way doesn't mean action will be taken. Unless it is against the TOS. But making reports because something is not done. We all have outside lives and families. We are active on here, but one may be busy but active mod that picks it up will review it and find out if it is subject to action.....

As for action taken by moderators, it's case by case. At Crackberry you have three strikes. After those three strike you will face a account suspension based on the severity of the violation.... As personal attacks, foul langauge, off topic posts, thread hijacking, etc. They all are a infraction against your account. Not one user is treated differently, everyone is on the same playing field. Some of you do not like the rules and argue to your fingers are sore from typing. But rules are rules and every moderator, forum manager and admin follows the same rules.

So as far as banning. If a user is suspended and creates an account to gain access to the forum again... (Which can be verified) faces strong suspension on top of their current one. A Temp Ban is a time out for violating the rules. Not really a slap on te wrist as some will call it, but more of "I screwed up and now I have to pay the price" Most people change their ways when they come back, some do not..... Also just because multiple posts maybe made by a user in one thread does not mean each post is an infraction on the user. It's all wrapped into one. But after the action has been taken, if it occurs again, then another action is taken on the account.

Simple?

So back the theme users that are active and want to become inactive on crackberry. You signed up and accepted to follow the rules. Those rules as mentioned before apply to everyone. If you can not get along or are upset with another user, that is not the moderators fault. You can remove your links or develop them and host them somewhere else. That's is fine. Your not chained down here saying you must keep your themes here. But as you can see allot of new users look forward to you work and good work it is.. They don't care what arguments you have had or that are going on. They are looking for something to spice up there Crackberry! Does Crackberry say thank you for your theme, sure do.... We have advised all of you to ignore and report any violation, we have suggested to take off topic or arguments to PM. did you follow. No. Did you allow it to get worse. Yes. Because you all are responsible for your own actions. As Kevin always said, posting on this forum is not a right... it's a privilege that's granted when you register here and agree to the terms and conditions.

With that all said. I ask you to work out your differences in a responsible manner and leave the arguments out of the forum. What ever you choose to do from hear on out is your choice.
    07-29-09 07:45 PM
    And the church says AMEN! To that!...
    07-29-09 07:47 PM
    And the church says AMEN! To that!...
    +1

Who was that masked man?

07-29-09 07:56 PM
    I agree with only about 50% of what yester18 said. I'm not going to elaborate because I know some members have received temp bans for stating their opinions on matters similar to this. Kind of reminiscent of a dictatorship, IMHO.

However, I do like and respect at least half of the mods here at CB and commend them for all of their hard work.
    07-29-09 08:00 PM
    Again, no matter how every member on here gets the same treatment as far
    as warning and banning rules go, if someone who made blatant, racist
    comments was banned on the request of reputible people on here, I'm sure
    everyone would have looked the other way on the exception to the rule. :wink wink:

I think the mods do a great job (some of them). But the embarassment of
    this whole situation could have been avoided. Now more people know about
    this than anyone would have known.
    07-29-09 08:01 PM
    WOW that was dismissive and a bit rude. It made me feel like there was a lack of respect for the theme builders and the kick *** themes they provide, which is why we all come here!
    If our favorite theme buliders are gone, and the themes begin to get redundant and why would we continue to traffic this site?
    07-29-09 08:01 PM
    2-3 months ago allot of the theme creators got upset with the Paid vs Free themes being posted. Allot went down and it was settled. Mistakes happen and things changed for the better with marking free or paid themes now... That was done and over with.

Then a about 3-4 weeks ago. Users started taking the fun out of the theme section and bashing one of another and turning it into serious competition. Moderators have discussed this with allot of you on the reasoning why things need to chill out. If you don't like something, don't call the world out.... We have also said about not posting... Using the report button for posts that are against TOS( This does not include someone getting you upset) or you do not agree with something that was said.. It's the internet but we have to maintain some control...

As far as the reporting system, every and I mean every report that comes in ALL MODS look at it. But reporting one after another does not get it settled any faster. Some of you have abused the system and were warned about it. Just cause someone looked at you the wrong way doesn't mean action will be taken. Unless it is against the TOS. But making reports because something is not done. We all have outside lives and families. We are active on here, but one may be busy but active mod that picks it up will review it and find out if it is subject to action.....

As for action taken by moderators, it's case by case. At Crackberry you have three strikes. After those three strike you will face a account suspension based on the severity of the violation.... As personal attacks, foul langauge, off topic posts, thread hijacking, etc. They all are a infraction against your account. Not one user is treated differently, everyone is on the same playing field. Some of you do not like the rules and argue to your fingers are sore from typing. But rules are rules and every moderator, forum manager and admin follows the same rules.

So as far as banning. If a user is suspended and creates an account to gain access to the forum again... (Which can be verified) faces strong suspension on top of their current one. A Temp Ban is a time out for violating the rules. Not really a slap on te wrist as some will call it, but more of "I screwed up and now I have to pay the price" Most people change their ways when they come back, some do not..... Also just because multiple posts maybe made by a user in one thread does not mean each post is an infraction on the user. It's all wrapped into one. But after the action has been taken, if it occurs again, then another action is taken on the account.

Simple?

So back the theme users that are active and want to become inactive on crackberry. You signed up and accepted to follow the rules. Those rules as mentioned before apply to everyone. If you can not get along or are upset with another user, that is not the moderators fault. You can remove your links or develop them and host them somewhere else. That's is fine. Your not chained down here saying you must keep your themes here. But as you can see allot of new users look forward to you work and good work it is.. They don't care what arguments you have had or that are going on. They are looking for something to spice up there Crackberry! Does Crackberry say thank you for your theme, sure do.... We have advised all of you to ignore and report any violation, we have suggested to take off topic or arguments to PM. did you follow. No. Did you allow it to get worse. Yes. Because you all are responsible for your own actions. As Kevin always said, posting on this forum is not a right... it's a privilege that's granted when you register here and agree to the terms and conditions.

With that all said. I ask you to work out your differences in a responsible manner and leave the arguments out of the forum. What ever you choose to do from hear on out is your choice.
    I've been reporting posts since Saturday morning. I did ignore. But like I said, you question my moral being and making a public mockery out of me is not something I take lightly. Put yourselves in my shoes, what would you have done? I contribute free themes that generate activity in your forum. The decision to leave was right FOR ME. I did not ask any of the other themers to do the same, but I greatly appreciate their support. Posting shouldn't be a privalege and should not be seen as such. Members are what makes your site great.

07-29-09 08:03 PM
    Well, regardless of fact that some folks like to make their problems with the powers that be open and out (yes, that's not the best way to what you want), it does not make the points made any less valid. The "three strikes" rule applies to baseball. This is not baseball. Any grownup should not have to be told, more than once, to tighten up. While some of us definitely clown, this ain't the circus, either. Do what you like...I don't care anymore.

07-29-09 08:05 PM
    I have great respect for all who have posted above me, Jason, POE, etc. but at the same time, I just never had these issues with moderators, I'm no square by any means, ask anyone here. I do my best to stay within the rules and don't push issues. I've had plenty of posts removed in my time here, but I knew why they were. I was out of line...
    07-29-09 08:05 PM
    I have great respect for all who have posted above me, Jason, POE, etc. but at the same time, I just never had these issues with moderators, I'm no square by any means, ask anyone here. I do my best to stay within the rules and don't push issues. I've had plenty of posts removed in my time here, but I knew why they were. I was out of line...
    Well, SD this is different from the run-of-the-mill "cries of censorship". It doesn't carry the same weight. I thought, and think most of that stuff isn't worth tending to. You join CB. You know the rules. You violate them, and then whine incessantly. You leave, and then you come back...a week later. The cycle continues. But that isn't what this is about.

07-29-09 08:15 PM
    What did I say that was so racist?! If someone could please copy and paste it and tell me, that would be fantastic. Also, this was a 2 way arguement. Alot of the ppl on here are very biased bc your all buddies and such and make themes. Pinning the whole situation on one person, doesnt seem to fair. Emarsha isnt innocent in any of this, nor is she a victim of any sorts.
    07-29-09 08:16 PM
    ...You leave, and then you come back...a week later. The cycle continues. But that isn't what this is about.

That pretty much sums it up.
    07-29-09 08:18 PM
    I agree with only about 50% of what yester18 said.
    +1.

07-29-09 08:18 PM
    I don't claim innoncense, but I did't question your moral standards either. If my themes are not wanted or appreciated, I'll share elsewhere, its really ok. Like yester said, this isn't the only forum site. You win lauren, you can have this site!

07-29-09 08:21 PM
    Other than ashabee, no body tried to calm the arguement down maturely. Instead, what alot of you did was join in, and instigate the problem even more, so that def. didnt help. Just saying..
    07-29-09 08:27 PM
    I don't claim innoncense, but I did't question your moral standards either. If my themes are not wanted or appreciated, I'll share elsewhere, its really ok. Like yester said, this isn't the only forum site. You win lauren, you can have this site!

Maturity really isnt apart of this whole forums community, and its sad.. Everyone now loses.
    07-29-09 08:28 PM

But she still raises a valid point. What did she say that has so many people screaming racism?

I didn't see it, so I can't say one way or another. Presumably you and the other mods did see it and judged it not severe enough to warrant the immediate ban that the others are wanting.

So why such a vast difference of opinion? Very confusing....

Last edited by Reed McLay; 07-29-09 at 09:00 PM. Reason: content
    07-29-09 08:37 PM
    But she still raises a valid point. What did she say that has so many people screaming racism?

I didn't see it, so I can't say one way or another. Presumably you and the other mods did see it and judged it not severe enough to warrant the immediate ban that the others are wanting.

If you missed it, I'm sorry. I know mrtolles saved the entire thing, but I would appreciate he not post it. I don't see any good coming out of it.

07-29-09 08:40 PM
    If you missed it, I'm sorry. I know mrtolles saved the entire thing, but I would appreciate he not post it. I don't see any good coming out of it.

I'm not asking to see it, but I do wonder why there seems to be one side screaming racism, and the other not (becuase this very much now sounds like an us vs them argument).

07-29-09 08:43 PM

I strongly agree. If it was that severe im sure the mods would have dealt with it accordingly. She doesnt even know what she said that was so racist.. I think this is probably being blown out of proportion. Do I sense that this girl was perhaps being ganged up on? I dont know..
    07-29-09 08:44 PM

Well, I am not sure what happened here. Not even really sure I want to know. However, I would not let one person run me away from a site that I love. ****, I would not let a 100 run me off. Stick around. If the member is indeed posting racist comments and goading others into fights, they will not be doing so for long. Eventually, they will be shown to the door. I am not a fan of Internet arguments because no one wins. What do you gain? I use the ignore button and keep it moving; it keeps my BP level and me enjoying the site.
    07-29-09 08:45 PM
    I'm not asking to see it, but I do wonder why there seems to be one side screaming racism, and the other not (becuase this very much now sounds like an us vs them argument).

I think the more blatant racist remarks were deleted by the Mods. I have not seen them, nor care to. If there are truly racist remarks made by this user, I hope the right thing is done.
    07-29-09 08:48 PM
253 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD