09-24-14 07:00 PM
33 12
tools
    Maybe. Always some doubt about his motives given he's had more comebacks than Sinatra. And he's hardly old.

Pretty big blow for the SNP going forward though, he's a brilliant politician.

Posted via CB10
    Still probably has one return in him. Good thing for him that he didn't shoot himself in the foot in his concession speech ("money and the ethnic vote").
    09-19-14 11:00 AM
    Nice to see Democracy in action, no? So many other countries would just have a military coup.
    I work globally and I've had a few messages from people expressing genuine awe that a 300 year old state could openly allow a vote on such a thing, keep the debate civilised, with no violence or particular bitterness, and then accept the result in the morning and discuss how to best move on. Canada did it with Quebec of course, but there really aren't many nations in the world who have the confidence in their democracy to allow it and deal with whatever was decided.

Ironically, doesn't it make you feel proud to be British... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Deckard79 likes this.
    09-19-14 11:01 AM
    If work globally and I've had a few messages from people expressing genuine awe that a 300 year old state could openly allow a vote on such a thing, keep the debate civilised, with no violence or particular bitterness, and then accept the result in the morning and discuss how to best move on. Canada did it with Quebec of course, but there really aren't many nations in the world who have the confidence in their democracy to allow it and deal with whatever was decided.

Posted via CB10
    Good point, and one which I made to my (Chinese origin) wife this morning!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:05 AM
    Maybe. Always some doubt about his motives given he's had more comebacks than Sinatra. And he's hardly old.

Pretty big blow for the SNP going forward though, he's a brilliant politician.

Posted via CB10
    He was promised a plump job with England?
    09-19-14 11:33 AM
    I work globally and I've had a few messages from people expressing genuine awe that a 300 year old state could openly allow a vote on such a thing, keep the debate civilised, with no violence or particular bitterness, and then accept the result in the morning and discuss how to best move on. Canada did it with Quebec of course, but there really aren't many nations in the world who have the confidence in their democracy to allow it and deal with whatever was decided.

Posted via CB10
    Difference is that Canadian naysayers brought in a few hundred thousand immigrants NO voters right before the referendum

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:02 PM
    Salmon is a nasty piece of work, only intrested in himself. He would have ruined Scotland if the yes vote had won.

No answer on currency
    Refusing to pay his share of the UK's debit

I am glad that Scotland voted no but there needs to be change, thats fare for all countries in the union.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:24 AM
    I find it extremely interesting that the biggest percentage of Scots people don't live in their beloved country. They hate the English but then when given the once in a lifetime opportunity to their own nation and take ownership of their own beloved country, they tell the world that they don't want it? Now I wonder why??????????

Could it be that they would rather the UK finance them as always like we do? I wonder?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:29 AM
    Because they give people the idea of freedom and comfort when in fact, we are modern day slaves...

That way people stay calm and don't want any change in their pathetic life

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:00 PM
33 12