It appears that there was a scientist that predicted the recent earthquake in Italy.

See: Italy muzzled scientist who predicted quake | ReutersItaly muzzled scientist who predicted quake | Reuters

Sadly, the government moved to shut him up out of fear he was inciting panic. Wonder how many more lives could have been saved had people listened to him.
    04-07-09 11:23 PM
    that is such a coincidence.. there is no way you can predict when an earthquake will happen. scientists can measure the pressure that is building up, but there is no way to tell when. it just so happened that it was a month after this guys tyrade. he was inciting panic. i can go out on a limb here and say that there is gonna be a huge earthquake in the bay area in the next couple weeks. i could be right, i could be wrong. if it does happen, would you say that i am a genius? no.. because everyone knows that an earthquake will happen in the bay area sometime in the future..
    04-07-09 11:36 PM
    The government likes to shut a lot of people up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:55 PM
    Savage is right, there is no way to predict earthquakes. Unless he is the one creating them, of course.

04-08-09 12:55 PM
    Mwahahaha!!!!! Cda, you have found out! My mast-I, I mean, the Italian scientist, is a super genius villain!!! He will rule the world by creating earthquakes!! Mwahaha

04-08-09 01:30 PM
    I second the opinion that there is no scientific methodology yet developed to predict with even as much accuracy as the weather months away.
    04-08-09 02:32 PM
    might i also add that if someone could really predict when an earthquake would hit, they would not be worrying about an apology, they would be worrying about what to do with all of the money they were about to make..
    04-08-09 03:24 PM
    In a related story, I predicted that Michael Jordan would make it to the Hall Of Fame.

Also predicted that:
    Fish would swim in water
    Babies would cry
    Lebron James would make a lot of money
    Carlos Mencia would be entirely unfunny

And so forth....

04-08-09 06:01 PM
    In a related story, I predicted that Michael Jordan would make it to the Hall Of Fame.

Also predicted that:
    Fish would swim in water
    Babies would cry

And so forth....

you are a genius!!!
    04-08-09 07:40 PM

Also predicted that:
    Fish would swim in water
    Babies would cry

And so forth....

A real life brainiac! lol
    04-08-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD