News today that Circuit City couldn't find a buyer and is to liquidate and close their retail stores. Another one bytes the dust.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Sorry moderators, I goofed!
    Last edited by bergerking; 01-16-09 at 03:34 PM.
    01-16-09 03:15 PM
    News today that Circuit City couldn't find a buyer and is to liquidate and close their retail stores. Another one bytes the dust.

Sorry moderators, I goofed!
    Wow, that is not good. I knew this was going to happen for some reason. Who is next I wonder?
    01-16-09 06:13 PM
    Wow, that is not good. I knew this was going to happen for some reason. Who is next I wonder?
    Maybe all the talk radio shows and tech shows talking about them closing their stores since as early as Oct 2008?

There was a lot of talk about NOT buying CC gift certificates or gift cards as gifts for Christmas, because of them closing stores in Jan. Kinda like what happened to CompUSA in most of the US a couple of years ago.
    01-16-09 07:24 PM
    I have seen a number of businesses closing down these days. A number of trucking companies have called it quits in the last year, and things have slowed down quite a bit. I point the finger , directly NE, to the lame good-for-nothing SOBS who deliberately tanked this economy, for the sake of power. A lot of regular folks are taking in in the can on this one, and the pigs are at the trough. Soooo-eeee!

01-17-09 12:39 AM
    Yeah i loss my job,but I'm almost done with school so it should work out in the end
    01-19-09 10:03 AM
    I hate to say it, but they brought it on themselves. Soon as they fired everyone and forced them to reapply for lower paying jobs, I quit shopping there. There had to be a more humane way to get wage cuts than to **** their employees around like that.

01-19-09 04:59 PM
    Just wait as soon as all this stuff that's "on sale" is sold ill bet any money that a "new company" comes in and opens a electronics store in most of the "closed" circuit city stores. I mean come on. They raised all their prices 30 percent 2 weeks ago just to "lower" them for the great exodus sales now. Always has been shady and always will be. Long live best buy

01-19-09 05:06 PM
    This makes me happy, mostly because of how badly they decided to treat their employees.

01-19-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD