I asked him if I can take a picture with him using my torch or playbook, he walked closer to me and whispered that he was with a friend who didn't know who he is, and he is still not recognized in the crowd so wouldn't want to draw any attentions. I respected his decision, he said he really appreciated it. I then told him I liked his acting in some of his movies and wished him enjoying his stay in Beijing. Then I walked away.

I know this is cheesy but I AM excited about the experience. He is by far the biggest star that I talked to and he was pretty nice. I respect him as a professional actor and wish him continuing to succeed in his career.

Too bad that I didn't get to take a snapshot of him but, I think I did the right thing.
    Last edited by aha; 03-02-12 at 01:13 AM.
    03-02-12 01:09 AM

In case you don't know who I am talking about
    03-02-12 01:11 AM
    he is a great actor.

check out The Experiment and The Jacket!!!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-02-12 01:12 AM
    he is a great actor.

Yeah, I remember him from The Pianist and King Kong, I thought he was also in The Fight Club but now I know he wasn't... it would be awkward if I mentioned that in the conversation though...

I caught a glimpse of him in the Predators on the HBO just yesterday (or maybe it was the day before yesterday) but changed channel because don't feel watching it, now I may have to get it to watch it...
    03-02-12 01:19 AM
    he is a great actor.

He is. What's great about actors like Brody is that he is a versatile actors. The Pianist, the Village, the Experiment, the Jacket, Splice, King Kong, and even the Predators.

No offense to the fans of actors like Statham (who, by the way, was good in Snatch), but some actors have pretty much the same acting in every movie.
    03-02-12 01:22 AM
    Yea... it is amazing to watch him in Kong and Predators and then The Jacket.

Jacket is one of my fave movies, i need to watch that again!
    eternalemb likes this.
    03-02-12 01:25 AM
    oh thats awesome! yeah he is such a good actor! Cool experience..
    03-02-12 01:33 AM
    Yea... it is amazing to watch him in Kong and Predators and then The Jacket.

Jacket is one of my fave movies, i need to watch that again!
    His acting in the Pianist and Predators has by far the biggest contrast. Great actor, and good on you to respect his decision. I used to work at a major studio and saw stars all the time. One thing you learn is that they're just human too (though some are a-holes). Nicest actor/actress I met is definitely Felicity Huffman (Lynette on Desperate Housewives). Wonderful, beautiful woman.
    03-02-12 01:36 AM
    I am surprised that the moderators still haven't come to close/delete this thread... though I throw in words like "playbook" or "torch" in the post but I know the connection is weak ...

Just felt that had to post something about the experience somewhere, don't know why I picked this forum though... hmm... let me think
    RicThot likes this.
    03-02-12 01:46 AM
    i dont think it should be closed... maybe moved to off topic.
    03-02-12 01:54 AM
    I loved him the Pianist and I cheered for him when he won the Oscar for best actor.
    03-02-12 02:00 AM
    He's also in a fantastic film called caddilac records with Beyonce!!
    03-02-12 02:23 AM
    +1 for the pianist. That film inspired a painting i did for an art project many years ago about sufferings of war. Brilliant brilliant actor.
    03-02-12 02:43 AM
    He was with a friend who did not know who he was???? A prostitute?
    RicThot and DarkKnight08 like this.
    03-02-12 04:31 AM
    He was with a friend who did not know who he was???? A prostitute?
    Nah. 10char.
    03-02-12 12:44 PM
    I am surprised that the moderators still haven't come to close/delete this thread... though I throw in words like "playbook" or "torch" in the post but I know the connection is weak ...

Just felt that had to post something about the experience somewhere, don't know why I picked this forum though... hmm... let me think
    It's really all a subjective decision....moon phase, bad day, or whatever drives folks to do what they do. I think it's fine (thread) where it is.
    03-02-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD